New root method- Sfhub Automated Root

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the software in this thread. Kaspersky flagged it is a virus. I ignored it, as most software that is legit but performs this way will flag as a virus.

Well, I got Security Sphere 2012 from it.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the software in this thread. Kaspersky flagged it is a virus. I ignored it, as most software that is legit but performs this way will flag as a virus.

Well, I got Security Sphere 2012 from it.
And you are absolutely sure that came from the e4gtauto.zip or e4gtauto-sfx.exe package?

That is a pretty strong accusation. Both files were already scanned for viruses before being uploaded.

To be safe, I went ahead and re-downloaded both files from the links provided. Then I downloaded the latest 12/23/2011 Kaspersky and ran it on both files.

As expected, it complained about the zergrush exploit, which is a *Linux* ARM6 executable. That binary format won't even run on Intel-based windows machines, so it is hard to believe it gave you windows malware.

zergrush IS an exploit (being used in this case to provide you root), so that is why it is being flagged. You can treat it as something to ignore, because you ARE trying to exploit your phone in this case.

As to how you got "Security Sphere 2012", I don't know, it didn't come from this package. Perhaps one of the random ads that pop up on your screen enticed you to inadvertently click on them and/or you are running unpatched browser or flash.

attachment.php

Last edited:

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh, for sure it was as soon as I was done downloading it. I ran the program, and boy oh boy, 6 hours later, I had a clean PC again. I wasn't even on a website, except for the website in the link that had the instructions.

I want to unroot, as my battery life has taken a 12 hour nose dive, plus I am getting LOS all over the place, but I am scared now.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, for sure it was as soon as I was done downloading it. I ran the program, and boy oh boy, 6 hours later, I had a clean PC again. I wasn't even on a website, except for the website in the link that had the instructions.
If you look at what you are downloading the claims you are making are not possible.
1) zergrush is an ARM6 binary, it cannot run on Intel
2) a "zip" file cannot by itself give you a virus
3) adb.exe is straight from android toolkit and was scanned virus free through multiple checkers
4) the self-extractor was scanned through multiple checkers
5) hundreds if not thousands of people have downloaded the package w/o issues
6) everything else in the package are batch files where you can examine the functions easily

If you are going to make the claim this package is distributing malware, at least give the Kaspersky warning malware name so I can begin to track down what your issue is.

I want to unroot, as my battery life has taken a 12 hour nose dive, plus I am getting LOS all over the place, but I am scared now.
Now you really have no idea what you are talking about. There is no way the root in this package *caused* LOS. You would have had LOS regardless. The 3 files installed are essentially dormant unless you choose to run them. busybox is completely dormant. Superuser.apk is a database of who is allowed root privileges. su is not used unless you run an app requesting root priviliges. These files simply cannot cause LOS. I'm not saying you aren't experiencing LOS, but if you are, it isn't due to these files.

I'm being a little short with you simply because you aren't really listening to reason and just continuously make claims without addressing the rebuttals.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to recieve my device soon and have researched root access. I look forward to diving into things once I recieve my E4GT.

Last edited:

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sf, chill out. I am not accusing you of anything. I am not saying your method was bad. I am also not the only one with LOS after root.

Facts, I downloaded the package, got a virus, and my device has crap battery life now (7 hours now, was 24+), and LOS, 2-3 times a day, before it had never happened.

I don't know why, don't care either. I don't think you screw my phone or pc up, so don't flame me. I kust posted my experience, for good or for bad.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sf, chill out. I am not accusing you of anything. I am not saying your method was bad. I am also not the only one with LOS after root.
LOS is in the stock software though it doesn't affect as many people. LOS after root, where you had no LOS before, then suddenly start getting LOS is a symptom of installing a custom recompiled kernel. It is NOT a symptom of adding 3 essentially dormant files to your system, which is what this root is doing.

Facts, I downloaded the package, got a virus, and my device has crap battery life now (7 hours now, was 24+), and LOS, 2-3 times a day, before it had never happened.
Facts are if you scan the package for a virus, nothing comes up except the known Android exploit which is in a binary format which cannot even run on Windows.

If after posting this message, I find I have a virus, does that mean that I got the virus because I posted this message?

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So is this the easiest root method for the Touch? I am not interested in running a custom rom at the moment. I just want WiFi Tether and to remove all this Sprint/Samsung Bloat. Is it easy to unroot? I've come from an Evo and have been surprised to find how differently the root methods are. Hell, even the jargon has me confused. Does this method give me a custom recovery, e.g. CWM?

I'm under the assumption that removing bloatware would require you to run a custom ROM (i.e. Blazer, Caulkalin, UnNamed, etc) that has that removal built-in. Am I wrong? I've never rooted a phone before, and am still fairly new to all this, but I've read that if you start deleting stock apps from Samsung/Sprint without doing a ROM, the phone could have all sorts of boot-up and force close issues. Am I off-base?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm under the assumption that removing bloatware would require you to run a custom ROM (i.e. Blazer, Caulkalin, UnNamed, etc) that has that removal built-in. Am I wrong? I've never rooted a phone before, and am still fairly new to all this, but I've read that if you start deleting stock apps from Samsung/Sprint without doing a ROM, the phone could have all sorts of boot-up and force close issues. Am I off-base?
You can remove apps using Titanium Backup or use some other apps on Market that will do it for you.

You don't need a custom ROM just to remove apps. There are some critical system apps or ones that are deeply integrated that might require a custom ROM.

BTW rooting is basically like logging in as Administrator. It just gives you more privileges and capabilities.

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I am running Caulkulin's 2.8 ROM - and recently (earlier post) realized that CWM with it doesn't allow for an internal Nandroid Backup...

I used the auto-root and installed the EL29+CWM - and it seems this CWM also does not allow for internal Nandroid Backup ?

I'm assuming this is the case as both EL29+CWM and Caulkulin are using the same Kernel? This is a change to Auto-Root?

Is there a way to install a version of CWM on EL29 that will allow for an internal backup?

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
This is the same version I am currently running and having the backup issue with.

Ran into this before after flashing a ROM - lost the ability to do backups.

Last time I was able to use option C - and select a CWM that allowed this.

Now - it seems the CWM I get with EL29 - is the same one I get when I flashed the ROM - so I have no way of getting back to a CWM that works for backing up.

I guess I could select a different option - maybe EL13 + CWM - do my backup - then go back to EL29+CWM... seems like a lot of extra steps though.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
This is the same version I am currently running and having the backup issue with.

Ran into this before after flashing a ROM - lost the ability to do backups.

Last time I was able to use option C - and select a CWM that allowed this.

Now - it seems the CWM I get with EL29 - is the same one I get when I flashed the ROM - so I have no way of getting back to a CWM that works for backing up.

I guess I could select a different option - maybe EL13 + CWM - do my backup - then go back to EL29+CWM... seems like a lot of extra steps though.

This is very strange, I just went through all the recoveries and they all have the options for backing up on the internal or external sd card. Is the option not showing up for you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma