Well I received my replacement E4GT and battery life is way better, the AOS is still high but battery life is better. Got it rooted and installed CWM with no problems. Still running stock rom and kernel for a few days then I'll flash Calks. Coming from the Evo it was common to "back up" your rom before you flash something that way you had a way to go back. Is it the same with the E4GT? I know I can the tar file but that removes root. Is there a stock rom that can be flashed in CWD? I ran a backup in CWM to internal SD and it looks like it worked, guess I could run a restore and find out.
    11-23-2011 10:15 AM
    Well I received my replacement E4GT and battery life is way better, the AOS is still high but battery life is better. Got it rooted and installed CWM with no problems. Still running stock rom and kernel for a few days then I'll flash Calks. Coming from the Evo it was common to "back up" your rom before you flash something that way you had a way to go back. Is it the same with the E4GT? I know I can the tar file but that removes root. Is there a stock rom that can be flashed in CWD? I ran a backup in CWM to internal SD and it looks like it worked, guess I could run a restore and find out.
    You backup would be your stock Rom. The recovery works the same way as the evo. The only way to get a true stock build on your phone like factory would be to use the odin file that was just released to us last week though. There is no zip file for it.

Also, that file is EG31 and the phone ships with EG30 so they have a different number but no one can really pinpoint and major differences.

The Odin file that we have though is what Sprint would flash your phone with if they wanted to restore a clean stock build onto it.
    11-23-2011 05:47 PM
    Yeah same way, called a Nandroid backup in CWM. Choose backup from the menu in CWM and let er rip.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk
    11-23-2011 06:53 PM
    Beautiful, thanks guys. I got my replacement E4GT and got it rooted but leaving the stock ROM on there for now. I'm loading programs on there one by one till I find the one that is cause problems.
    11-26-2011 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD