Hey guys and gals,

I just rooted my phone using Odin and the lostkernel method, however, I want my stock kernel on the phone as it seems to be a little more smoother than 'lost". My question is if I wanted to flash the rooted stock kernel will I lose root? Also is the Odin method the same as the autoroot method thats a little easier to accomplish?
    12-06-2011 11:20 PM
    If your only source of root was from LostKernel then you'll lose it going back to stock kernel. If you installed persistent root into the ROM in addition to LostKernel, then you won't lose root.

ODIN and autoroot are different techniques.

ODIN will give you the yellow triangle and increase your flash count. Auto root won't.

ODIN is flashing your phone with new software. Auto root is taking your existing software and adding root to it.
    12-07-2011 01:24 AM
    If your only source of root was from LostKernel then you'll lose it going back to stock kernel. If you installed persistent root into the ROM in addition to LostKernel, then you won't lose root.

ODIN and autoroot are different techniques.

ODIN will give you the yellow triangle and increase your flash count. Auto root won't.

ODIN is flashing your phone with new software. Auto root is taking your existing software and adding root to it.
    Is increasing the flash count bad or something?
    12-07-2011 01:37 AM
    Unclear. Some feel Samsung/Sprint might not work on your phone if they see a yellow triangle and/or a flash count. It likely depends on who looks at your phone. IMO they can't really deny service unless they can show your change caused the problem, but that doesn't mean some wouldn't try.
    12-07-2011 02:57 AM
    You can buy a jig off EBAY for 2 bucks that will reset your counter and remove the yellow triangle.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2011 03:13 PM
    You can buy a jig off EBAY for 2 bucks that will reset your counter and remove the yellow triangle.
    Anyone have a link to the jig or know what to search for to find it?
    12-09-2011 10:35 PM
    just search for "usb jig" on ebay.
    12-09-2011 11:13 PM
    Yeah there's a ton if them. This us the one I bought...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...item3cbb7b1e8c

12-10-2011 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD