Missing Driving Mode???

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Installed Calk's ROM (v2.5.1), and all went very well except...

I do not have (or cannot find) the 3x1 widget for Driving Mode/Voice Commands/Voice Talk. Not surprisingly, I don't have the Voice Talk and Voice Commands apps either.

I did not see any in the Removed_Apps folder.

I see v2.6 is out, so I'll likely go that route, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something, or screwed something up?

Can anyone give me suggestions, short of what I expect - reinstall. Thanks in advance.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
He removed them in 2.0.1a if I recall correctly. They should be in your removed apps folder though. If not, you may have to dig through the thread since the 2.0.1a release, as I sort of recall him attaching those APKs to a post somewhere. Sorry I can't be more help ... I stopped using Calk's ROM a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: TheMacs

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks JayWill. At least I have someplace I can try.
I thought they should have been there too (in the removed apps folder). Only had a few Sprint apps in there.

How do you like UnNamed ROM? I haven't given other ROMs much thought as I've been pretty happy with Calkulins. Till now. If I can't find the stupid voice apps, I may have to switch.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I like UnNamed a lot. It's similar to Calkulin's ROM in a lot of ways, but feels cleaner and snappier. I've only been running it for a couple of days, so I can't speak for battery life, but so far so good. I'm still tweaking underclocking and undervolting settings though for what I feel is the best performance for me.

But, UnNamed removed the voice talk/command Apps too. The developer feels the free market version of Vlingo is better. But he provides an update ZIP that you can download and flash that adds them back in.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it has possibilities... Calk's thread is 500+ pages. Ugh. Will see if Google can help me out a bit there.

Been reading through a few of the UnNamed pages when I have a bit. I saw from the OP that the voice apps were gone. Didn't realize Vlingo was free in the Market. May give it a try too before spending a crazy amount of time searching. Plus, should give this ROM a couple days chance.

Guess it's time to start Xmas shopping... :)

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I am also using Unnamed right now with the driving mode reinstalled. I really like how it works, but I haven't tried the normal vlingo app. Very easy to install it with the zip he included too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Calks 2.5.1 right now with the AIO mod and the 4g Hotspot Hack built in. I want to try Unnamed but the Hotspot is still only 3g. Patiently waiting for the dev to update it.