I restored to rooted EL13 via the Odin one-click excution method. I did this to avoid problems because i know the ROM runs off EL13.

CWM - Run format all zip - Run ROM zip - Reboot system - boots directly into rouge recovery. Will not boot to the OS?

I'm lost?

Any ideas?
    12-29-2011 05:38 PM
    try flashing a new kernel like this one [KERNEL/RECOVERY] Rogue *Stock EL13* v1.1.2 (New 12/13/11) - xda-developers
    12-29-2011 05:42 PM
    So format then flash the ROM. And when it boot's into rouge recovery try to flash the new kernel? Do i need to wipe or do anything special to flash the kernel?
    12-30-2011 09:36 AM
    So format then flash the ROM. And when it boot's into rouge recovery try to flash the new kernel? Do i need to wipe or do anything special to flash the kernel?
    First things first,
    - redownload caulkin's 2.6 to make sure you don't have a bad download
    - then flash the format all
    - then the full rom, if it boots fine then your good.
    - if it doesn't boot then return to recovery and try flashing the kernel(You never have to wipe when flashing kernels because flashing a kernel doesn't touch data/cache/dalvik cache)

If none of that works
    - return to stock with the EK02 odin tar
    - then root with Sfhub's easy peasy method
    - Install the recovery via Sfhub's method
    - then redownload caulkin's 2.6
    - Reflash the format all and the rom
    - Report back here the results.

Good luck.
    dshamrock69 likes this.
    12-30-2011 05:39 PM
    FYI, its not necessary to have the EL13 modem to get the best performance. Every phone varies so mine may work better with one modem and yours may work better with another, but im running what gets me better speedtest results which is EK02 for me....

Also, i sugguest using recovery to flash them as there is less room for error... And the recovery menu will automatically abort if the file is corrupt or not compatible... I personally havent used odin and dont find a need for it. However, it is a great tool. I prefer to understand what is going on with my phone and that is why i choose to use terminal and custom recovery... Not here to give anyone a lecture, but the best way is usually not the simplest.... And good luck with your issue!
    12-30-2011 06:32 PM
    The issue isn't the modem but the fact that he can't get the rom to boot. Although all your points are valid.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-30-2011 06:57 PM
    Follow dtm's previous post and see if that works. Sometimes a bad download can occur and you won't know it.

12-30-2011 08:46 PM
    First things first,
    - redownload caulkin's 2.6 to make sure you don't have a bad download
    - then flash the format all
    - then the full rom, if it boots fine then your good.
    - if it doesn't boot then return to recovery and try flashing the kernel(You never have to wipe when flashing kernels because flashing a kernel doesn't touch data/cache/dalvik cache)

If none of that works
    - return to stock with the EK02 odin tar
    - then root with Sfhub's easy peasy method
    - Install the recovery via Sfhub's method
    - then redownload caulkin's 2.6
    - Reflash the format all and the rom
    - Report back here the results.

Good luck.

Thank you loads!

About to go try all this in a moment.

Quick question though. Does it matter that my phone had eg30 originally?
    01-01-2012 12:17 PM
    So i followed your directions but went ahead and flashed v2.7 because i get better service with the EL26 modem.

Everything went fine and i'm liking like rom.

Only question i have, would the ICS theme still work even though it's made for the EL13 modem?
    01-01-2012 02:06 PM
    So i followed your directions but went ahead and flashed v2.7 because i get better service with the EL26 modem.

Everything went fine and i'm liking like rom.

Only question i have, would the ICS theme still work even though it's made for the EL13 modem?
    No, in all likelihood it won't work properly. The creators are in the process of updating now and it looks like it will be pretty significant.

dshamrock69 likes this.
    01-01-2012 02:14 PM
    No, in all likelihood it won't work properly. The creators are in the process of updating now and it looks like it will be pretty significant.

Okay, thank you for all your help! =)
    01-01-2012 03:25 PM
    Okay, thank you for all your help! =)
    Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Just in case someone else encounters the same issues.

01-01-2012 03:35 PM
    Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Just in case someone else encounters the same issues.

Like i said i flashed 2.7 instead of 2.6.

But one thing i noticed is that one of the big differences between the two were the kernels. They switched the kernel to Chris41g's repacked EL26 with ACS5 recovery in 2.7.

I didn't have a lot of time or i would have tried to get 2.6 working just to give feedback.

But I'm pretty sure that if i would have flashed the Rogue stock EL13 kernel after flashing the ROM it would have worked.
    dtm_stretch likes this.
    01-01-2012 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD