Ok here is my question i rooted my phone using the automatic method.Basically its rooted with everything stock.I mainly did it to remove bloatware and now i want to install wireless tethering on my phone.But the wireless tethering apk 3.1 beta 9 will not work for me.So now i want to install a custom kernel.Can i just download a kernel and flash it with clockworkmod ?Also if there is a kernel that anyone recommmends please post a link thanks
    12-29-2011 07:00 PM
    Ok here is my question i rooted my phone using the automatic method.Basically its rooted with everything stock.I mainly did it to remove bloatware and now i want to install wireless tethering on my phone.But the wireless tethering apk 3.1 beta 9 will not work for me.So now i want to install a custom kernel.Can i just download a kernel and flash it with clockworkmod ?
    Yes thats how its done.. Once you have CWM installed you handle all your flashing from there unless otherwise stated...

Normal procedure for a kernel is usually wipe cache partition and dalvik cache and then flash the kernel.
    12-29-2011 07:09 PM
    Thanks i just flashed kernel but still no wireless tethering.I dont see it in my wireless networks
    12-29-2011 07:48 PM
    Thanks i just flashed kernel but still no wireless tethering.I dont see it in my wireless networks
    You are going to need to install a custom rom with the hotspot mod built in. It is the only way to get wireless tethering to work without having to pay sprint. Unfortunately you can't stay stock and use it.
    Paul627g likes this.
    12-29-2011 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD