much needed help with galaxy s2 epic 4g

Daylonnn

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've just finished "rooting" my phone, but when I try to enable my Wifi it will not work.. How do I just reset it to stock mode? I'm really new at this and I'm pretty upset with myself about messing up my new phone.. Any help is much appreciated. I used Odin3 v1.85 to flash "SPH-D710_Zedomax_Kernel" As I mentioned before, my wifi isn't working and I need my phone to return to factory settings. Please help, I've been browsing for hours with no fixes. :'(

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and put downloaded wireless tether. Started it up and it did not work. *SADNESS* When I went to start my Wi-Fi to my house router it would not connect until I did a reboot.

Try reboot. In Android it seems to fix half the issues that come up. LOL

If that doesn't help your problem is over my pay grade.

Good luck.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
With all due respect to the developer, Zedomax's kernel is pretty outdated.

If rebooting does not work, I'd recommend any of the more current ones.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
If you used odin to flash a kernel, you have done more than just "rooted and now my wifi wont work". A kernel is one of the more important things that controls the interaction between the hardware and software of your phone. I suggest trying an up to date rom like calkulin's newest version. Its packed with a new kernel and doesnt change the stock feel of the phone. Its also very fast and has great battery life. This will allow you to over/underclock, over/undervolt, tether, change the prl so you can roam on 3G, etc. I dont know what you were trying to accomplish with rooting, but running a custom recovery and rom like the one i have mentioned should be able to do anything you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers