I rooted my phone before the system update was pushed out to everyone. I tried to update but when the phone resets it shows the android character with an exclamation mark. After rebooting everything seemed fine, except it kept telling me that there was a system update that I should install. I un-rooted and tried installing the update and I ran into the same issue.

How can I get this update to stick and/or get it to stop bugging me about the update?
    01-12-2012 09:09 AM
    I rooted my phone before the system update was pushed out to everyone. I tried to update but when the phone resets it shows the android character with an exclamation mark. After rebooting everything seemed fine, except it kept telling me that there was a system update that I should install. I un-rooted and tried installing the update and I ran into the same issue.

How can I get this update to stick and/or get it to stop bugging me about the update?
    Pretty sure your phone can't be rooted to install the update via over the air. You need to find a ROM I think or unroot the phone.
    01-12-2012 02:23 PM
    I tried unrooting the phone and the same thing happened when I ran the update: when the phone reboots it hits the exclamation mark image
    01-12-2012 02:33 PM
    Did you hopefully make a nandroid backup at anytime? Does your custom recovery still work? If it does then all you should have to do is download a new rom (that has the update that you were trying to go to anyways) and flash it. You will most likely lose all your data but it should get you booting again.
    01-12-2012 02:42 PM
    If you rooted using the Auto Root package, then you would be able to get the EK02 OTA update w/o unrooting. If after you rooted, you made changes to your /system (ie ROM) then that could be preventing you from successfully installing the EK02 update.

To figure out what the EK02 update is complaining about, use the Auto Root package, found here:
    [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash) - xda-developers

1) Choose Option A to root your phone
    2) Choose Option D and then OTA Compliance Check EG30 to EK02

It will give you a list of everything that is causing the EK02 OTA update to fail.
    01-12-2012 10:20 PM
    Dude you never ever ever accept ota when your rooted; you gotta read the forums that's how you brick your device. Its highly recommended you delete the update apk out of your system once you root.

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)
    wase4711 likes this.
    01-12-2012 10:46 PM
    12-29-2015 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD