Hello i just recently rooted my epic 4g and i was just wondering whats the best rom and kernal so far. Right now im running the blazer rom with a stock kernal.thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-12-2012 08:48 PM
    i like the sensation rom
    01-12-2012 10:00 PM
    Calkulin's ROM and Desperado Kernal is doing the job for me. No problems with the combination since I installed a two weeks ago.

It's all personal preference. Make backups and give the different setups a try.
    01-12-2012 11:42 PM
    I'm using TNz Blend ROM with the included Desperado kernel and the ICS theme they have for it, no problems yet. I'm also loving that it comes with the TSM tweaks, and allows me to customize my lockscreen type and various other UI elements.
    01-13-2012 05:20 AM
    Miui when it gets finished,,the rest mentioned above all look the same...boring.
    01-13-2012 07:27 AM
    For now, the roms are more or less base around the stock rom.... Personally, i have had the best results (battery life and speed) with calkulin's rom. Hes done a great job with it. I have tried other roms imcluding the TNz rom and they have not been as good for me. If you try out a rom, be sure to give it about a week of good use to judge it. Also, dont flash any themes over a rom if you are testing it. Themes will sometimes change important things about a rom like the over/underclock, battery saving scripts, etc...
    Just as some have mentioned here that its personal preference, what radio you choose to flash will depend on your personal experience too. I happen to be able to run the newest EL29 radio with the best resuls. Others get better results with other radios. An easy (although not scientific) way to figure out which radio is best in your case is to download the speedtest app. Run the app 3 times while in a stationary position (pick your favorite chair ), record the results of all three and average them together. Reboot to recovery and flash the new radio and repeat the process. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Good luck! Let us know what you choose and how its running for you!
    01-13-2012 07:59 AM
    Running the Blazer ROM with the stock kernel as well, although I flashed an ICS theme onto it too. Looks and runs great.
    01-13-2012 03:14 PM
    For now, the roms are more or less base around the stock rom.... Personally, i have had the best results (battery life and speed) with calkulin's rom. Hes done a great job with it. I have tried other roms imcluding the TNz rom and they have not been as good for me. If you try out a rom, be sure to give it about a week of good use to judge it. Also, dont flash any themes over a rom if you are testing it. Themes will sometimes change important things about a rom like the over/underclock, battery saving scripts, etc...
    Just as some have mentioned here that its personal preference, what radio you choose to flash will depend on your personal experience too. I happen to be able to run the newest EL29 radio with the best resuls. Others get better results with other radios. An easy (although not scientific) way to figure out which radio is best in your case is to download the speedtest app. Run the app 3 times while in a stationary position (pick your favorite chair ), record the results of all three and average them together. Reboot to recovery and flash the new radio and repeat the process. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Good luck! Let us know what you choose and how its running for you!
    Hey thanks for the good info wow i havent even dug into the kernals real good now i gotta test radios, well thanks whats what makes this fone so fun for techies. I was thinkin this weekend i might flash cyanogen 7 but if that dont work out how i like ima flash caulkens rom thanks everyone for thw opinions so many roms so little time lol

01-13-2012 04:25 PM
    Running the Blazer ROM with the stock kernel as well, although I flashed an ICS theme onto it too. Looks and runs great.
    Sorry for the double post dont know how to multi quote just yet. But this blazer rom with the ics theme is nice but when i wake up my fone it comes up mirrored so thats the only reason im changing it lol

01-13-2012 04:27 PM
    Sorry for the double post dont know how to multi quote just yet. But this blazer rom with the ics theme is nice but when i wake up my fone it comes up mirrored so thats the only reason im changing it lol

Yeah that's a bug that involves the ICS screen transitions I believe. I'm pretty sure there's a fix or workaround but you'd have to dig into the thread to find it.

01-13-2012 09:44 PM
    Yeah that's a bug that involves the ICS screen transitions I believe. I'm pretty sure there's a fix or workaround but you'd have to dig into the thread to find it.

Hey jay can u direct me to the thread if can thanks

01-13-2012 09:51 PM
    Is the process to rooting difficult?
    01-14-2012 09:02 AM
    Nope. Sfhub has come up with an awesome automated root process. See the following thread for more info:

New root method- Sfhub Automated Root
    01-14-2012 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD