Will rooting finally be able to kill programs permanetly?

shaqfearsyao

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I hate is the programs opening back up after you close them from the task processor. I like how Apple does their iphone where once you close it and hold on to the icon and delete it from the multi-task bar, it doesn't pop up again until you want to use the app again. So that being said, will rooting be able to kill programs until you need them again without popping back up in the background? That's one of the reasons I don't like Android is because the apps keep coming back.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What Apps are reloading themselves and showing in your task manager?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

shaqfearsyao

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
What Apps are reloading themselves and showing in your task manager?

Email keeps popping back after I close it. Other apps are showing up too again and again even if I don't use them like Voice Command, Telenav, or Calendar. I'm using Easy Advance Task Killer but after I kill some apps, they reappear 10 secs later and some take longer to come back but they do. It's frustrating and uses up my battery.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Some Apps, like the stock email app, run services constantly and "self load" sometimes in order to run automated functions like email polling. The iPhone does the same thing by the way, it just doesn't show in the task manager.

To answer your question, no rooting will not stop it from happening by itself. However, rooting allows you to uninstall system Apps, like the stock email App, that you never use but constantly run services. I've done this, and have greatly streamlined my system and running services. Here's a short (LOL!) list of System .APKs (Apps) that I've uninstalled ...

Accuweather.com 11.07.16.01 (SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk)
Android Live Wallpapers 2.3.4 (LiveWallpapers.apk)
AP Mobile 11.07.18.02 (SamsungWidget_News.apk)
Books 1.4.5 (BooksPhone.apk)
Buddies now 1.0 (BuddiesNow.apk)
Clock 1.0 (AnalogClock.apk)
Digital Clock 1.0 (DigitalClock.apk)
DRM content 2.3.4 (SisoDrmProvider.apk)
DRM content launcher 1.0 (DrmUA.apk)
DRM Protected Content Storage 2.3.4 (DrmProvider.apk)
Email 1.0 (EmailWidget.apk)
Live Wallpaper Picker 2.3.4 (LiveWallpapersPicker.apk)
Media Hub 129 (MediaHub.apk)
Microbes 2.3.4 (Microbesgl.apk)
N.O.V.A 2 HD 1.1
NASCAR 0.2
Ocean Weather 1.0 (SecretWallpaper1.apk)
Social Hub 2.00.00001 (SocialHub.apk)
Sprint ID 1.5.40 (W_Installer.apk)
Sprint Mobile Wallet 1.5 (SprintMobileWallet.apk)
Sprint Music Plus 1.0
Sprint Radio 1.0.0.0000
Sprint Zone SZ_2.5.12 (SprintZone.apk)
Windy Weather 1.0 (SecretWallpaper2.apk)
Yahoo! Finance 11.07.18.01 (SamsungWidget_StockClock.apk)

As a result, my running services list is pretty short, and I rarely have any Apps in my task manager when I don't want them open. Still, for some Apps that poll a server periodically, it's not completely unavoidable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggnaa20

shaqfearsyao

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Great list of apps to uninstall. Those apps bug the crap out of me and I'm constantly clearing them from the task manager. Do you run any custom roms or is it fine just leaving it stock minus the uninstalled apps?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Great list of apps to uninstall. Those apps bug the crap out of me and I'm constantly clearing them from the task manager. Do you run any custom roms or is it fine just leaving it stock minus the uninstalled apps?

Yes I'm running a custom ROM but you don't need to. Simple root and a program to remove apps. I highly recommend Titanium backup, as you can freeze apps first to make sure everything is running to your liking then fully uninstall them later. Or you can back an App up, uninstall it and restore it later if you want. It's a must have for any rooted owner in my opinion.

Reactions: shaqfearsyao