Hi,

Ahead apologize if I did not find this in the forum...

Please help me with finding the download links and how-to's to:
    1. Upgrade to 2.3.6
    2. Upgrade the modem
    3. Upgrade firmware

Please suggest which roms/modem/firmware would be best as to whats out there right now

My Phone:
    Spring Epic 4g Touch, Rooted with Clockwork mod, LostKernel+
    2.6.35.7-LostKernel+
    S710.10 S.EG30

Thank You VERY much for you help.
    01-24-2012 03:56 AM
    If you want the latest stock Touchwiz ROM/kernel/modem base, which will be coming out as an official update from Samsung/Sprint soon, do the following:

To update your ROM and kernel, flash this in CWM:

[ ROM ] Stock Rooted EL29 System [ NO CIQ / OS 2.3.6 ] - xda-developers

If you want the latest Rogue CWM recovery on a stock kernel, then flash this in CWM:

[KERNEL/RECOVERY] Rogue *Stock EL29* v1.1.4 (New 1/5/12) - xda-developers

Once your ROM and kernel is set, flash the EL29 modem in CWM, which you can download in ZIP format here (#6 on the list of modems):

CWM Modem EG30 - EL29 - xda-developers

Ok so, the kernel packaged with the stock EL29 ROM is stock and includes the latest standard CWM recovery. The Rogue stock kernel includes their tweaks to CWM, which I personally prefer. There is also a custom EL29 kernel now, but I have a feeling you don't care about that, and are only running LoStKernel now because it's how you originally rooted your phone. As a best practice wipe cache and dalvik cache before you install the ZIP.
    01-24-2012 11:32 AM
    If you want the latest stock Touchwiz ROM/kernel/modem base, which will be coming out as an official update from Samsung/Sprint soon, do the following:

To update your ROM and kernel, flash this in CWM:

[ ROM ] Stock Rooted EL29 System [ NO CIQ / OS 2.3.6 ] - xda-developers

If you want the latest Rogue CWM recovery on a stock kernel, then flash this in CWM:

[KERNEL/RECOVERY] Rogue *Stock EL29* v1.1.4 (New 1/5/12) - xda-developers

Once your ROM and kernel is set, flash the EL29 modem in CWM, which you can download in ZIP format here (#6 on the list of modems):

CWM Modem EG30 - EL29 - xda-developers

Ok so, the kernel packaged with the stock EL29 ROM is stock and includes the latest standard CWM recovery. The Rogue stock kernel includes their tweaks to CWM, which I personally prefer. There is also a custom EL29 kernel now, but I have a feeling you don't care about that, and are only running LoStKernel now because it's how you originally rooted your phone. As a best practice wipe cache and dalvik cache before you install the ZIP.
    Also, If not interested in stock check this out

[ ROM] V C S RL3 01-20-2012 [ EL29 ] [TeAm VeNuM] - xda-developers

Great ROM, I'm getting at least 10 hour battery life with HEAVY usage, only actual problem I'm experiencing is that the browser force closes when you try to view Downloads

EDIT: There is a fix for this, open the app drawer and click "Download All Files" it shows how to save and view downloads.

Before flashing that ROM also flash this [Calkulin's Format All] it's a quick wipe that wipes all things needed to wipe, making it quick and easy to put new ROMs.

Also you'll have to sign up and use Swype Beta if you want swype. simple process and well worth it if you cant use soft touch no slide keyboards.

Try and Enjoy!
    01-25-2012 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD