Any way to flash a verizon kernel onto sprint??

smoke716

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Basically looking to get a better signal at my apt. Anyone know how to go about this?? I heard they have customed kernels for flashing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Kernels control how android software interacts the the hardware and vice versa. They have nothing to do with signal. If you're getting a weak signal at home, call Sprint to complain and you can probably get a free AirRave.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
^ This.
There's also an app available called Roam Control here that will allow you to choose to roam (usually on Verizon). You must be rooted. And if you change your PRL to the 11115, you can roam using 3G...
Airave is probably better if you are only looking to improve signal quality at home.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
you can flash a Verizon prl so you can roam on Verizon check XDA theres a thread therein how to

Sent from my iPad usin

Yes but be careful with your data use if you do this. At least one person has had their contract canceled and been booted from Sprint for excessive data roaming.

cnywireless315

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I flashed mi epic 4g touch to the Verizon $50 unlimited prepaid plan. The only problem is it knows that its suppose to be roaming so it only gives me 1x even thought it says 3g. Is there anyway to bypass this.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You don't flash prls. You can change your prl, there's a good forum on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1267893. I have done this with mine, however I just leave mine at sprint's but deleted the proxy. Sprint's network has also been worse due to there maintenance on the network. They ensure it will be slot better by summer and lte is rolling out, even for us who's wimax phones will just be 3g we will benefit from the enhanced signal

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12