Flashed Calkulin 2.8 and gunslinger kernel. Right after flashing gun slinger, home button stopped working. Tried reflashing kernel, reflashing rom, reinstalled launcher, used different launcher, and none of these things worked.
    01-26-2012 09:06 AM
    Flashed Calkulin 2.8 and gunslinger kernel. Right after flashing gun slinger, home button stopped working. Tried reflashing kernel, reflashing rom, reinstalled launcher, used different launcher, and none of these things worked.
    Weird. Interaction between the hardware and software is handled by the kernel, so I'd guess your issue stems from "Gunslinger". You may have had a bad download or flash. I would flash the stock EL29 kernel, reboot and test. If your home button works again, re-download Gunslinger and flash it again. Make sure you wipe your cache and dalvik cache each time before flashing your kernels.
    briandearing likes this.
    01-26-2012 11:42 AM
    Happened to me after I flashed the wrong kernel. One that was meant for the Galaxy S2, which has a different kind of home button than your Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch.

It's no big deal-- just restore a stock ROM/kernel and reflash with the correct version.

Samsung Galaxy S II/SPH-D710/ROMs - XDA-Developers
    01-26-2012 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD