I was bored at work the other day and came across people saying that they were able to dual boot with windows xp. Anybody have any information or links or any info on this? I've been googleing for like an hour now and still couldn't fine instruction on this. Any info is appreciated!
    02-03-2012 10:53 PM
    No dual boot with windows for this phone. I dont even know if it would be possible since android is linux based. The drivers and everything would have to be built from nothing, and we are having a hard enough time getting the drivers built for AOSP.
    02-04-2012 10:42 AM
    I was bored at work the other day and came across people saying that they were able to dual boot with windows xp. Anybody have any information or links or any info on this? I've been googleing for like an hour now and still couldn't fine instruction on this. Any info is appreciated!
    Lesson #1
    Don't believe anything you read on the Internet...
    briandearing likes this.
    02-05-2012 10:15 AM
    after looking through my phones browsers history, I found it. It was for an Evo 3d though.
    02-05-2012 01:56 PM
    How would you run PC based programs on a linux based kernel?
    02-06-2012 10:45 AM
    Even if you could... Why would you want to?
    02-07-2012 06:46 AM
    Even if you could... Why would you want to?
    Many reasons. First one that came to mind was to use it as a laptop replacement. Could bluetooth a keyboard and mouse. To take notes in class. Install steam and play TF2 and counterstrike
    02-07-2012 03:24 PM
    Install steam and play TF2 and counterstrike
    I don't know If I'd go that far.

As far as how you would run x86 on a linux-based device, well, it's linux based. Which, in theory, would mean an emulator similar to WINE, or even an android port of WINE, would be possible. It wouldn't be any more different in its concept than any other emulator on android, though I would think it would have to be sd based (due to the size the emulator would have to be to include windows libraries, and the size of the windows image in use), and you would either have to boot it from a terminal or have a bootstrapper that could read the emulator from the SD card.
    02-08-2012 10:17 AM
    I really hate to bump an old thread but I guess there is interest. How about running windows 95 on your phone?
    Check out this app....https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ishstix.dosbox
    03-14-2012 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD