hello. my name is Jayson and im having a problem with my Sprint samsung epic 4g. its from the Galaxy S line and i got it from a friend. it had a pattern lock and i was trying to unlock it when the Android system recovery popped up. all i know is that the model number is: SPH-D700 I DONT KNOW IF THAT HELPS AT ALL OR NOT.
    heres what i keep seeing and keep running into:

Android system recovery <3e>

Enter: OK Key. Select : Vol Up / Vol Down
    reboot system now
    apply update from sdcard
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

# MANUAL MODE #

i tried everything to reset the phone to its factory defaults but nothing happens. i have even tried pressing every button and it seems to have froze with the exception it the 4 front panel buttons: menu, home, go back, and search with nothing happening but the button flashing one time after each press.

please help me!i dont know what it was using for an os and i dont know what software it uses.
    please, if you can help me to do this i would most appreciate it.

THANK YOU!

also im having to use my sprint incogneto as a medium to transfer data.
    02-04-2012 01:10 PM
    To hard reset your device:
    1. Turn off your phone
    2. Hold the volume down, camera and power buttons until the system recovery screen appears.
    3. Use the volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and select that option using the home key.
    4. You will see a warning on the screen telling you that you are about to reset your phone and erase all your personal information.
    5. Press the volume up key to proceed. Press the volume down button to exit and not reset your phone.
    6. After the reset is complete, use the home key to select reboot system now.
    7. Your phone will turn off and turn back on.
    02-04-2012 01:43 PM
    1. Turn off your phone
    2. Hold the volume down, camera and power buttons until the system recovery screen appears.
    3. Use the volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and select that option using the home key.
    4. You will see a warning on the screen telling you that you are about to reset your phone and erase all your personal information.
    5. Press the volume up key to proceed. Press the volume down button to exit and not reset your phone.
    ok got to step 3 tried step 4 but nothing happened. not even a notification.
    02-04-2012 01:53 PM
    1. Turn off your phone
    Nice! Even though this is the Epic 4g Touch forum and he posted about the OG Epic you gave him the OG epic directions.

You might also try booting into download(vol up + power + Camera) and then flashing a stock odin package that is posted in the Epic 4g forum NOT here, the Epic 4g Touch forum.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    02-04-2012 02:07 PM
    um....yeah i didnt see such a forum. i even did a search and nothing came up.
    02-04-2012 02:34 PM
    02-04-2012 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD