[ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for FI27 (ICS) Official Firmware

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You honestly should use a newer build... 4.0.3 was never officially released for this device, only leaked test builds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: k1llahurtz

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for FH13 (ICS) Official Firmware

I did this last night...I tried the "root" one first and the phone would reboot and then lock up. I rebooted the phone several times always ending in a lock condition. I then tried the "non-rooted" and it worked fine. Any ideas on this? I was on the Sprint OTA FH13 originally. I have noticed that the phone runs MUCH smoother now than the OTA FH13 even though it is not rooted.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I did this last night...I tried the "root" one first and the phone would reboot and then lock up. I rebooted the phone several times always ending in a lock condition. I then tried the "non-rooted" and it worked fine. Any ideas on this? I was on the Sprint OTA FH13 originally. I have noticed that the phone runs MUCH smoother now than the OTA FH13 even though it is not rooted.

Know I posted this on another thread but the root method was... buggy at best with FH13. (Hope you'll give me a break, it was the second build I had done!)
Since then I've gone to a more stable process with FH23 and FI03.... but I recommend FI03 to anyone as I expect it or FI06 to be the next (and maybe last?) OTA release for ICS.
There hasn't been a new RDF drop since then which makes me think they're happy with the build and moving to JB code merges.
(Official JB builds were rumored to be starting as early as this week, haven't heard anything beyond that lately.)

edoles

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

I've been getting repeated "shell has been granted superuser permissions". The notification would flash repeatedly until i got tired of it and restarted the phone. I tried the method of installing SuperSU from the Play store, but found out that when I went to uninstall superuser, I couldn't.

Any tips for clearing this error? Am I better off going to FI03?

Last edited:

Ptericles

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

It worked like a charm for me after very cautiously reading everything and backing things up as best I could. I mostly followed rwilco12's post to install FH13 Full Stock ROM No Data One-Click, but thanks very much for your post and videos, anyway. I hope this will resolve my Android OS high battery usage problem.

sydewayz soundz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I have been trying to root my brothers Galaxy 2 all day and yesterday...Everytime I go into download mode and plug in to unit to the computer, it never recognizes my device. I have installed all the necessary drivers twice actually but it still wont recognize the unit in download mode...All my correct boxes are checked in the phone...it works fine when the phone is on normally, it recognizes it no problem...any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

elmo

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys for doing all this work for the community. You guys make our geek life much easier to deal with. Thanks again!

RErick

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to root my brothers Galaxy 2 all day and yesterday...Everytime I go into download mode and plug in to unit to the computer, it never recognizes my device. I have installed all the necessary drivers twice actually but it still wont recognize the unit in download mode...All my correct boxes are checked in the phone...it works fine when the phone is on normally, it recognizes it no problem...any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Try using different cables and USB ports. If you're on a desktop PC typically the ports on the back of the computer are best. I usually have bad luck with Samsung cables. Blackberry cables and HTC cables work best for me

Sent from my AOKP'd Epic Touch

pxcrunner

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm really new to all this and i'm trying too root my E4GT. Its on FI27 and is running ics 4.04. Its never been rooted before. I put it into downloaded mode and ran odin. It went through everything and said "PASS" at the end, but when my phone restarted it is not rooted. I need some help...badly.

YodaHat

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for EL29 Firmware

Hey, kind of a noob here and I have a dumb question. I haven't rooted anything since my OG Droid, lol. I just wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on this, but if I do the preserve user data root with this, will it also preserve things like saved wifi passwords and stuff along with apps and app data? Thanks.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey, kind of a noob here and I have a dumb question. I haven't rooted anything since my OG Droid, lol. I just wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on this, but if I do the preserve user data root with this, will it also preserve things like saved wifi passwords and stuff along with apps and app data? Thanks.

Just your apps and app data. The system partition is wiped, so all of your settings will be reset.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Just your apps and app data. The system partition is wiped, so all of your settings will be reset.

Jay,

If he's using the "nodata" version as mentioned above it will keep anything in either /data or /sdcard. That includes the wi-fi passwords.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for EL29 Firmware

@Yoda,

Depending on the version you want to go to I wouldn't recommend using the "Nodata" version. While I make them - primarily for people on the same version and needing a restore - they often cause more bad then good as an update solution. Backing up what you need by TB and restoring later usually works out better.

Jeff Moody

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey whats up mine did the same thing i rooted my epic touch with windows and odain. I used my stock charger cable and went to this site Rwilco12's Android Repository - Downloads i used the v1.3 then i keep unpluging and pluging it in at the phone not the computer. It will work i ranfi27 no data this link could also help to in its description is great sites for fi27 epic rooting YouTube

WandererTJ

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,
I have a Galaxy S3 w/ AT&T, so rooting my phone was no issue,
HOWEVER, my girlfriend, who wants my help rooting her phone, has Virgin Mobile's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch variant.
She is currently fully stock and purchased her phone shortly after Christmas, it came with the FL26 version of ICS, but I haven't found anything around in terms of rooting or getting a custom recovery of her version of the phone.
I was hoping someone on here could provide some information in terms of whether or not FI27 will work for her, or an earlier FL version might work. I just want a rooted stock version of what she has. I definitely don't want to see a Sprint boot-screen since she has Virgin after getting root, but I don't mind if I end up getting a triangle.
From what I know, clockworkmod custom recovery has ended bricking some of these devices, so root or not, I can't back up her stock rom to go back to in case her phone gets bricked somehow. This has left me in a pretty vulnerable position, and I'm not sure what I can do. Any info would be appreciated, and may help in my girlfriend removing my balls from the vice she has them in...

The phone details are as follows:
Model Number: SPH-D710VMUB
Android Version: 4.0.4
Baseband Version: S:D710.10S.FL26
Kernel Version:
3.0.15-1135978
se.infra@SEP-118#3
SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 26 13:48:32 KST 2012
Build Number: IMM76I.FL26
Hardware Version: D710.10

Last edited:

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am getting ready to root my E4GT (SPHD710), just thought I would check in to see if there are any updates to the procedure. There hasn't been any activity on here for a while except a couple questions. I am currently on FL24, any issues going to FI27?. Also I noticed that there are model numbers that have extra characters as compared to mine. All mine has is SPH-D710. Thanks for all the help on here. :cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2