Blazer 4.0 ROM battery issues

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Blazer's ROM (4.0 - My very first ROM ever) and I have to say I do love it. The only issue I am seeing is the battery issue. Everyone is saying the battery performance is the best they have seen but I've had it unplugged for about 2 hours and Im down to 70%..This is with the auto dim and what not set to auto and only sending/receiving texts. Prior to installing this ROM I could go 9 hours with heavy texting, display brightness set to 100% and using the browser and have my battery only be down to 61% when I would get in my car to charge it on my way home...Any things I can do to try to improve this? If not then Im gonna have to restore back to stock as much as I don't want to..

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem when I first got my device. I made sure to wipe my SD card and USB storage clean and start from scratch (after I backed up everything to my computer).

I don't have any experience with this particular ROM, but it's possible that an app is stuck running or trying to run like it did on my phone originally.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that one of uour apps is set to update automatically all the time? I found one of my apps had gone rogue.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Battery life problems are almost always the result of a rogue App. Sometimes, an App will go rogue on one ROM while it would not on another. A couple of great tools to track down the problem are Apps called Better Battery Stats and CPU Spy. BBS will show apps that are wakelocking your phone, and CPU Spy can identify periods where your phone is not going into deep sleep when it should be. I ran Blazer ROM quite awhile back and I found the battery life to be just fine.

I have to ask though, do you really need 100% brightness? The display is ALWAYS going to be the largest battery hog, especially at 100% brightness. Drop that down to 50% or lower and your battery life will improve dramatically. I typically run it at about 25%, which I find is just fine.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Battery life problems are almost always the result of a rogue App. Sometimes, an App will go rogue on one ROM while it would not on another. A couple of great tools to track down the problem are Apps called Better Battery Stats and CPU Spy. BBS will show apps that are wakelocking your phone, and CPU Spy can identify periods where your phone is not going into deep sleep when it should be. I ran Blazer ROM quite awhile back and I found the battery life to be just fine.

I have to ask though, do you really need 100% brightness? The display is ALWAYS going to be the largest battery hog, especially at 100% brightness. Drop that down to 50% or lower and your battery life will improve dramatically. I typically run it at about 25%, which I find is just fine.

It's on auto dim. The battery usage says the display as taking 64% of the battery. I will check out those two apps and see what can be done. I dont want to go back to stock but I may have to. :-/ Are you still running that ICS ROM Jay?