CRT lock screen effect

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there a zip or anything that allows me to just have the CRT lock screen effect?

I don't believe there is a standalone CRT off animation for the stock ROM. Calkulin's ROM has a separate flash to add it, as do some others.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I have a guide on how to add the CRT on and off to any GB build I just need to know what you are using before I get started. What rom are you on? If you are stock you need to be on the deodexed version for this to work. This might take me a couple of hours or days depending if I get it right or not.

Here is the guide if you want to attempt yourself: [DEV] Enabling CRT ON & OFF Animation in Roms [HOW-TO] - RootzWiki

Edit: This guide is much easier,http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1152668&highlight=crt going to give this a go on stock EL29 deodexed.

Done, flashing stock deodexed EL29 now, then flashing the mod to see if it worked.

That was easy, uploading now.

Last edited:
Reactions: dt81

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
well I'm on stock root right now but not sure if it's dexoide or not.. I rooted the way the sticky guide had me do it. I will try the way in the thread you had posted when i get home. I may go back to Blazer ROM, I had to go back to stock the other day because apps were forced closing every time I try to open them.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
well I'm on stock root right now but not sure if it's dexoide or not.. I rooted the way the sticky guide had me do it. I will try the way in the thread you had posted when i get home. I may go back to Blazer ROM, I had to go back to stock the other day because apps were forced closing every time I try to open them.

You can't do this mod on stock odexed because then it would require modifying the odexed file. I have already done the mod for stock deodexed. You will either have to switch to stock deodexed or you could flash back to Blazer.

Oh well, sorry couldn't help you out at least i now know how to do it for myself. Good learning experience.

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, the rom Jay posted will wipe your data but since you are already on EL29 you should be okay to do a nandroid advance restore of /data.

If an app is fc'ing just go into settings>application>manage apps> and clear the data of the associated app and see if that stops it or you could uninstall then reinstall the app in the market.

Reactions: dt81

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
DTM and Jay - Thank you so much for all the help you have been providing with me. You've def been making my experience with rooting so much easier. Cant thank you two enough! I appreciate it!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I went back to Blazer ROM and all apps work now! :) WOOHOO! Thank you again guys for your help!

Nice I'm glad you got it this time. Much better than running stock. Plus you got dtm to learn himself something today. Win win!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463