Is there a zip or anything that allows me to just have the CRT lock screen effect?
    02-25-2012 03:56 AM
    Is there a zip or anything that allows me to just have the CRT lock screen effect?
    I don't believe there is a standalone CRT off animation for the stock ROM. Calkulin's ROM has a separate flash to add it, as do some others.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    02-25-2012 11:17 AM
    Alright, I have a guide on how to add the CRT on and off to any GB build I just need to know what you are using before I get started. What rom are you on? If you are stock you need to be on the deodexed version for this to work. This might take me a couple of hours or days depending if I get it right or not.

Here is the guide if you want to attempt yourself: [DEV] Enabling CRT ON & OFF Animation in Roms [HOW-TO] - RootzWiki

Edit: This guide is much easier,http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=crt going to give this a go on stock EL29 deodexed.

Done, flashing stock deodexed EL29 now, then flashing the mod to see if it worked.

That was easy, uploading now.
    dt81 likes this.
    02-25-2012 11:53 AM
    Alright here you go: http://dev-host.org/5KZ

Just remember to back up first, then wipe cache and dalvik cache. Let me know how it works for you.
    dt81 likes this.
    02-25-2012 12:39 PM
    well I'm on stock root right now but not sure if it's dexoide or not.. I rooted the way the sticky guide had me do it. I will try the way in the thread you had posted when i get home. I may go back to Blazer ROM, I had to go back to stock the other day because apps were forced closing every time I try to open them.
    02-25-2012 02:40 PM
    well I'm on stock root right now but not sure if it's dexoide or not.. I rooted the way the sticky guide had me do it. I will try the way in the thread you had posted when i get home. I may go back to Blazer ROM, I had to go back to stock the other day because apps were forced closing every time I try to open them.
    You can't do this mod on stock odexed because then it would require modifying the odexed file. I have already done the mod for stock deodexed. You will either have to switch to stock deodexed or you could flash back to Blazer.

Oh well, sorry couldn't help you out at least i now know how to do it for myself. Good learning experience.

02-25-2012 03:03 PM
    Thank you for the help though DM.

BTW..What's the difference between odexed and deodexed?
    02-25-2012 04:01 PM
    Thank you for the help though DM.

BTW..What's the difference between odexed and deodexed?
    This is a really good explanation http://addictivetips.com/mobile/what...omplete-guide/

dt81 likes this.
    02-25-2012 04:50 PM
    Thanks again! So how could I convert to deodexed?
    02-25-2012 05:08 PM
    Thanks again! So how could I convert to deodexed?
    You have to flash a deodexed ROM. Normally the ROM thread's title or in the feature list will note...

[ODEX] or [DEODEXED] (Thread titles)

or it will say in the feature list if its ODEX or DEODEXED.
    dtm_stretch and dt81 like this.
    02-25-2012 05:10 PM
    @dtm_stretch, good work man! Glad to see this stuff is starting to click with you.
    dtm_stretch likes this.
    02-25-2012 05:11 PM
    Here is a mirror for the EL29 stock deodexed ROM that includes root. You would flash this ZIP in CWM, then do the same with dtm's ZIP.

http://dev-host.org/lLT

dt81 likes this.
    02-25-2012 05:20 PM
    I just read that Blazers ROM is deodexed but loads on my device...Granted a few apps FC.
    02-25-2012 05:23 PM
    Just a heads up, the rom Jay posted will wipe your data but since you are already on EL29 you should be okay to do a nandroid advance restore of /data.

If an app is fc'ing just go into settings>application>manage apps> and clear the data of the associated app and see if that stops it or you could uninstall then reinstall the app in the market.
    dt81 likes this.
    02-25-2012 05:25 PM
    DTM and Jay - Thank you so much for all the help you have been providing with me. You've def been making my experience with rooting so much easier. Cant thank you two enough! I appreciate it!
    02-25-2012 05:31 PM
    DTM and Jay - Thank you so much for all the help you have been providing with me. You've def been making my experience with rooting so much easier. Cant thank you two enough! I appreciate it!
    There is a button for that
    02-25-2012 05:33 PM
    Good work Jay & dtm..

Love reading comments like that from members thanking you...
    02-25-2012 05:48 PM
    I went back to Blazer ROM and all apps work now! WOOHOO! Thank you again guys for your help!
    02-25-2012 06:11 PM
    I went back to Blazer ROM and all apps work now! WOOHOO! Thank you again guys for your help!
    Nice I'm glad you got it this time. Much better than running stock. Plus you got dtm to learn himself something today. Win win!

02-25-2012 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD