Updated phone removed root, how to remove SU.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Help!!!

Hey guys, I used the one-click solution to root my Epic 4g awhile back. After applying the new update, I noticed my device was unrooted. I actually don't have a problem with this and would prefer to stay unrooted until ICS gets updated to this phone. But, the SuperUser icon is still in my drawel. Tried to uninstall but it tell me that I am unable to uninstall. I know that I sony have SuperUser control because none of the rooted application that require SU work. I would like to completely get rid of SU unrooted method. Thanks! Any help is always appreciated.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Can I get a second opinion? I have the new modem, which is EL29. The link specifies that I shouldn't apply it to this modem. Thanks!

It has nothing to do with the modem. The tool can no longer be used to inject root in the current firmware. The EL29 update closed the exploit the tool used. However, I'm quite sure that you can still use the tool to remove root. Given that your SU binary was already removed when you took the OTA update, I would assume the tool will still remove the App.

Shoot a PM to sfhub to verify, or I'd bet he'll see this and respond sooner or later. Best to be patient though. Having the SU App sitting in your drawer isn't doing any harm. :)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You need root to "remove root" as Superuser.apk is installed in /system.

Assuming you made no changes to /system and just want to get rid of Superuser.apk, I would just flash the NoData version of the pre-rooted EL29 ODIN OneClick, then use Option B to remove root. I mention "no changes" only because if you made changes they'll get overwritten by doing this.

Alternatively, you could flash just the individual component stock (unrooted) EL29 ROM, available in the 2nd post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1433101

Reactions: mike104393

Androide323

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone :)

I'm getting the same problem as the original one of this topic...

The thing is that I've rooted my Vodafone Smart 2 with a one click program and it worked, and then I updated the phone and it unrooted, but the su is still there and I want to remove it, but I can't "reroot" the phone with the same program that I did before, so I can't delete it...

An solution? :s

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis