rexalbel

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
i was losing about 20% in 4 hours; stock i would get about a day and a half to two days of battery life

20 % in 4 hours is equal to 20 hours of battery life. Thats really good for a smartphone. if you are getting a day and a half that must be with very very little usage. Atleast in my case, as long as the battery lasts from when i get up, to when I go to sleep, it's good enough for me.

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Quick noob question.

If I have Calk's rom and flashed a theme on top of it, do I need to do anything special if I need to update just the ROM?

One more question. Any way to get around Calk's battery saver script and make the CPU consistent regardless of battery level?

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Quick noob question.

If I have Calk's rom and flashed a theme on top of it, do I need to do anything special if I need to update just the ROM?

One more question. Any way to get around Calk's battery saver script and make the CPU consistent regardless of battery level?

No need to do anything special. I am pretty sure Calk has a flashable zip that will remove the script, I would check the first post in his thread.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Quick noob question.

You can probably delete the script from the init.d folder and call it a day. Or, you could install setcpu and set the CPU to the desired settings and still have the option to adjust whenever you want -- Setcpu is available in the play store and free on XDA for members. If you get it from XDA and like it, consider the pay version (which doesn't do anything extra) to support the developer.

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You can probably delete the script from the init.d folder and call it a day. Or, you could install setcpu and set the CPU to the desired settings and still have the option to adjust whenever you want -- Setcpu is available in the play store and free on XDA for members. If you get it from XDA and like it, consider the pay version (which doesn't do anything extra) to support the developer.

Thanks! I got the paid version of set cpu and it works great.

Battery life on this rom seems a bit lacking but I can't tell if it's because of go launcher or if it's because if it's only been a few days since I flashed the rom

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You usually want to give the ROM a few days before making final thoughts on battery life. Also, keep in mind that battery life varies from user to user. I have kept 4g off lately and battery life is great. Tweak the CPU to your liking and see what preserves battery for your use.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20