How to remove bloatware

boostcraver

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello AC,

I have a new phone (E4GT) here which is rooted and running Calk ROM2.9.2. I've done a full backup using CWM and TB Lite. I figured after rooting I could delete whatever applications I want, but going to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - some items are not possible to be removed. So two questions:

1. How to remove these types of items? Say I wanted to remove Accuweather?

2. Is there a list of common Sprint bloat / other bloat to remove? Or things that are safe to remove and won't silently break other functioning apps?

Thanks,

boost

boostcraver

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep as you found out just because you have are rooted and running a custom ROM doesn't mean that you can simply go into Settings and uninstall applications. Only applications you can uninstall that way is ones you have downloaded from the Market and installed.

Otherwise you have to manually go in and remove the app's ".apk" using a root level file utility like ES File Explorer or Root Explorer. Titanium Backup & My Backup also have options to do so also...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I personally like to use Titanium Backup to uninstall system apps, as you can also use it to back them up first. This way, if whatever you uninstalled starts causing problems, you can restore the backup. Better yet, you can freeze the app first before uninstalling to see if any unexpected issues arise.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Go to app market download system app remover looks like a green garbage can ......All you have to do is select what you want removed and click delete apps will be gone

AndrewRich

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site