I am currently running Calk's rom 2.9.2 and el29 modem

i found this website, which has all of the modem versions for the epic 4g touch as well as download links and speed comparisons.

i would like to update to FB27, or even FC05, but am not sure if they will be compatible with my rom, or if that is not a factor for modem updates.

also, can i install it in CWM? or do i have to use ODIN?
    03-07-2012 11:24 AM
    I highly recommend using ODIN. People over on XDA have been reporting too many bricks flashing stuff, but ODIN seems to be the best bet.

Also, I recommend waiting on the modem. A few people have been reporting issues with LOS at times, but these are hit and miss. Otherwise, I think you're probably okay flashing the new modem using ODIN.
    03-07-2012 12:43 PM
    +1 on what was said above... Plus modems aren't usually OS or ROM specific, they can be swapped out to use however you like..

Most of the time the newer modem is the better option but then there are some that prefer using older modems, its just one of those personal preferences and how well your device reacts in the area of the country you spend the most time in.

As the saying goes... YMMV.
    03-07-2012 01:05 PM
    You can use any modem version with any firmware (ROM) or kernel version. Also, it's perfectly safe to flash a modem using CWM, if you have a ZIP file for it. The bricks that have happened involve a very unique set of circumstances that can cause a problem when the data partition is formatted. The only wipes you may want to do when flashing a modem are the caches, but even that is probably unnecessary.

I've had really good results with the latest, FC05 modem. It's available for download in ZIP form that you can install in CWM here [ ROM ] Stock Rooted FC05 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ] - xda-developers
    03-07-2012 01:10 PM
    I installed the fc05 and ics 4.0.3 and after a little getting used to, its amazing
    03-08-2012 11:20 AM
    I installed the fc05 and ics 4.0.3 and after a little getting used to, its amazing
    Me too! Have you flashed the ICS theme on it? Are you using the touchwiz launcher? If so you should check out nova launcher it really rounds out the experience. The only issue I have seen is GPS sticks after using it.
    03-08-2012 12:11 PM
    Me too! Have you flashed the ICS theme on it? Are you using the touchwiz launcher? If so you should check out nova launcher it really rounds out the experience. The only issue I have seen is GPS sticks after using it.
    since it is actually ICS, there is no reason to use a themed launcher. just go into home switcher, clear defaults, and use the default launcher (not the TWlauncher) easy to switch back to touchwiz, but i have really liked the ICS launcher
    03-12-2012 10:37 AM
    since it is actually ICS, there is no reason to use a themed launcher. just go into home switcher, clear defaults, and use the default launcher (not the TWlauncher) easy to switch back to touchwiz, but i have really liked the ICS launcher
    Oh I am aware of how to of that. I actually strip out the stock launch prior to flashing and plug in Nova because nova looks exactly like stock but with more features.
    03-12-2012 10:54 AM
    You can use any modem version with any firmware (ROM) or kernel version. Also, it's perfectly safe to flash a modem using CWM, if you have a ZIP file for it. The bricks that have happened involve a very unique set of circumstances that can cause a problem when the data partition is formatted. The only wipes you may want to do when flashing a modem are the caches, but even that is probably unnecessary.

I've had really good results with the latest, FC05 modem. It's available for download in ZIP form that you can install in CWM here [ ROM ] Stock Rooted FC05 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ] - xda-developers
    I didn't think you could flash a modem in CM9 using CWM it gives an error to everyone and you need to use one-click. Let me know if I'm wrong and something is up with my phone?

Thanks,
    D
    08-08-2012 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD