Easiest way to root WITHOUT LOSING DATA

Oreo99776

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, well i am new to the android world, but I have had experience successfully jailbreaking ipods and things like that.
I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2 and I want to know the best way to root my phone without losing all my data. I'm just really paranoid that if i was to root my phone, my phone will be wiped clean and restored to the factory setting WHICH I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO seeing as though my phone is flashed over to Boost mobile (which sucks, i wish i got it flashed to Simple Mobile but i'm not going to take it to a store to get it flashed and it costs like 150$)
So i really need my data and my setting to stay the same but I need to know the best way to do this without it bricking on me. Would it be possible to root it straight from my phone, because my laptop is pretty slow, or like a really simple version that i would do on my laptop.

I have the programs 7Zip and Kies (even though it's having a hard time recognizing my device i guess because of the flash)

Please also include links to downloads and things of that nature, thank you

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Click the link in the root sticky thread at the top of this forum here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...11-root-e4gt-latest-method-el29-firmware.html

Under #2, download the NODATA (PRESERVE user data) version of the rooted EL29 firmware. Follow the instructions. You will need to use a PC for this sorry.

I don't know if this will have any effect on your phone being flashed to Boost though. I don't think it will be a problem, but you may want to send a PM to sfhub to be sure.

Reactions: Patrick2012

Oreo99776

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
This worked perfectly! No bricking, nothing complicated and all my data and setting are intact including my flash. Thank you so much! I will absolutely recommend this to other people.

Kisara

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I opened no data uner #2 then I chose the "No Data Restore" from Rwilco12 website then clicked "Rooted" then downloaded the file there. Did I do it right? What do I do next? I want to root my phone. It's a Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0. Will it work?

Kisara

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I opened no data under #2 then I chose the "No Data Restore" from Rwilco12 website then clicked "Rooted" then downloaded the file there. Did I do it right? What do I do next? I want to root my phone. It's a Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0. Will it work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888