A few questions about roms switching and rooting.

rocky1013

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a phone that has the same processes to rooting and switching out roms as the Epic 4g Touch.

My phone is rooted, but I paid someone to do this. I would like to work with and older (cheaper phone) a few times before I start to do it on my Epic and just wondering if there was an old cheaper phone I could purchase and play with.

I know I would need to use roms specific to that phone, I just want something where the process isn't very much different.

I have looked at the tutorials online and they seem easy enough, I would just like some actual experience before doing it on something this expensive since my next upgrade is so far away.

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Try the EVO 4G or even better since it's Samsung also, the original Epic 4G, if you watch QBKING77 on YouTube,and follow his instructions step by step, it's almost impossible to brick, I did my first root ever on my E4GT this week, no problems and have changed ROMs several times...no issues. Have fun and good luck

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely go with the Epic 4G since it uses ODIN as well.

Yeah rooting HTC phones is totally different, although flashing ROMs in recovery is basically the same. The Epic 4G would be your best test subject.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Why not load one of the CWM repacks and then flash away on the GB kernel? So long as you don't get into ICS you avoid the majority (90%+) of the brick issues that have been plaguing this device. Then after you feel comfortable about flashing GB ROMs you could always read up on how to flash ICS if you wanted.

Nowadays there is not much to worry about when it comes to flashing on this phone so long as you have read the steps on how to do it safely. Be informed, ask as many questions as you feel you need to before you try and then don't be afraid to keep asking.

bigtoysrock

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Man, this ICS brick thing people are so scared of is ridiculous. I work with a team and flash every day all day testing and fixing stuff. I flash from FD02 repack ALL the time!! The only type of roms you need to be aware of potential bricks is CM9, AOSP or AOKP roms. If you follow directions you will be just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon