Okay, stupid question as I apparently failed to do the CWM recovery install after rooting in Gingerbread, is there anyway to install it while on ICS? I don't know why I missed it as I remember doing Recovery Backups on my HTC EVO Shift, but for some reason today looking at the new FE10 (I'm on FE07) did the bell ding I was missing it. Wish it did before I installed FE07.
    05-11-2012 11:46 AM
    Okay, stupid question as I apparently failed to do the CWM recovery install after rooting in Gingerbread, is there anyway to install it while on ICS? I don't know why I missed it as I remember doing Recovery Backups on my HTC EVO Shift, but for some reason today looking at the new FE10 (I'm on FE07) did the bell ding I was missing it. Wish it did before I installed FE07.
    The recovery and kernel on the Epic 4g Touch are on the same partition so if you flash one you flash the other and they have to be packaged together. There are no reliable ICS kernels with clockworkmod recoveries. This is a known source of causing bricks on about 8 different samsung phones using ICS kernels. You do not want clockworkmod on ICS right now, at least until the bug is figured out. Until then there is an unsecure stock recovery that allows you to flash things but you can not make back ups.
    lancer1991#AC likes this.
    05-11-2012 12:23 PM
    Rogue Recovery allows you to backup and restore.
    05-14-2012 08:31 AM
    Rogue Recovery allows you to backup and restore.
    But doing so while in an AOSP ROM like CM9 is asking for a brick, for now anyways. Apparently, Samsung has been working with Google on this kernel issue and have developed a workaround.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    dtm_stretch likes this.
    05-14-2012 10:54 AM
    But doing so while in an AOSP ROM like CM9 is asking for a brick, for now anyways. Apparently, Samsung has been working with Google on this kernel issue and have developed a workaround.

Someone, the names slipping my mind right now :banghead: , developed an AOSP kernel from source that he's still testing that should be free from any bricking and whatnot. I think it was tc something, I'll look and come back, haha.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    05-14-2012 05:31 PM
    It's T.C.P. who's working on the kernel. However, all of this will hopefully be behind us not too long after we get the ICS kernel source from Samsung.

05-14-2012 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD