Changing Rom Question

pdog197804

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I recently rooted and flashed Calkuins latest Gingerbread el29 rom and I love it so far but was wondering if I want to try out other roms do I need to wipe this rom and go back to stock or can I use cwm/Odin and flash roms on top of non stock roms. In reading I know that u should go back to stock after flashing a ICS rom... anyway could someone could break down the steps or post a link as I didn't find anything in the search... thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
When you're on a gb rom and want to switch you don't have to odin back. Just boot into cwm, I'd suggest making a nandroid backup in case you want to go back, and then flash calks format all and then flash whatever rom you want. If you want to flash an ics rom from gb, use the el26 cwm kernel to be safe. Also, if you want to keep data you could use something like titanium backup or you could just use the modified format all that doesn't format data, but data can sometimes cause some problems between roms so then you'll have to flash the rom clean by itself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: pdog197804

pdog197804

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
By running format all by calkulin, does that basically take the place of wiping cache, data/ect.. using CWM. Also if I made a nandroid backup on stock do I need to make another every time I flash...?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
By running format all by calkulin, does that basically take the place of wiping cache, data/ect.. using CWM. Also if I made a nandroid backup on stock do I need to make another every time I flash...?

Yes, it wipes all of that. You can wipe it manually or be lazy like me and just flash that zip ;)

You don't have to make nandroid every time you flash. It's essentially just a backup or your entire system, so you could easily go back to your previous setup if you don't like what you flash. It's mostly just a good idea to have a nandroid of a good working setup on hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome