I have the Best Buy warranty coverage (geek squad black tie protection) for my Sprint Epic Touch 4g...I'm told that if my phone gets "bricked" by flashing roms to my phone that my phone will be covered under the BB warranty...can anyone confirm this? i'd hate to flash a rom (following directions, of course) only to have my phone bricked, leaving me s.o.l.

Also does anyone have a recommendation on which rom to flash for ICS?

thanks!

scott
    06-07-2012 02:57 PM
    I have the Best Buy warranty coverage (geek squad black tie protection) for my Sprint Epic Touch 4g...I'm told that if my phone gets "bricked" by flashing roms to my phone that my phone will be covered under the BB warranty...can anyone confirm this? i'd hate to flash a rom (following directions, of course) only to have my phone bricked, leaving me s.o.l.

thanks!

scott
    Well since no one answered you, I am going to go out on a limb and say that BestBuy will not cover any flashing of non-approved software.
    06-07-2012 09:52 PM
    As long as you follow directions and don't try anything randomly without knowing if it's ok, you won't have to worry about bricking your phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 02:35 AM

thanks!

scott
    It's no wonder Best Buy is losing so much money and their CEO stepping down. Best buy used to have a policy where their Performance Service Plan (not an extended warranty because God forbid they brain washed people into thinking that it isn't ) would cover normal ware and tear but not software. So considering bricking your phone was caused by software yet it is hardware prevention, it wouldn't surprise me that they would cover it.

Also, the Android phones might be considered DEVO in which case they won't care if they return your unit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 02:48 AM
    I've taken 2 Android phones back to Best Buy with software issues and they were covered no questions asked. They actually gave me the full retail price and i was able to choose whichever phone i wanted. Hope this helps.
    davidstjohn1 likes this.
    06-08-2012 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD