Chainfire has made an app to help you see if your device has the brickable EMMC chip. Here you go!

Edit: The brick bug shouldn't stop you from flashing ROMs...just think of it as a precaution..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1693704

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    zainiak likes this.
    06-08-2012 06:20 AM
    If anyone sees something on their E4GT other than 0x19 please send me a PM. Might have a few more questions in that case.

And thanks for posting the link.
    06-08-2012 03:56 PM
    If anyone sees something on their E4GT other than 0x19 please send me a PM. Might have a few more questions in that case.

Have we seen any E4GT that are other than 0x19?
    06-08-2012 05:46 PM

You good and if i helped don't forget to click that thank button..

06-09-2012 09:53 PM
    I'm reading that epic 4g touch is safe. Does anybody know that to be true?
    06-11-2012 06:58 PM
    I am pretty sure we are not safe. Can you provide a source? Devs have put in some significant effort though to protect our phones.

Edit: #700
    06-11-2012 08:26 PM
    I am pretty sure we are not safe. Can you provide a source? Devs have put in some significant effort though to protect our phones.

Odin is the only safe method at the moment and DO NOT FACTORY RESET ON ICS!

06-12-2012 08:14 PM
    Have we seen any E4GT that are other than 0x19?
    Not yet... But there have been some with the same eMMC and an earlier revision on other devices. Unknown yet if affected; but better to assume yes for now.

06-12-2012 09:57 PM
    It is affected by the bug... But devs have come up with a safe way to do most things until the OTA rolls out.

I am working with someone to see if they patched this in the T989. So far it looks like if they did it was keeping MMC_CAP_ERASE disabled.
    06-12-2012 10:01 PM
    I've done a factory reset in ICS with the standard recovery with no problem. 0x19. May have been luck since I've done that to my last E4GT and bricked out.

06-13-2012 06:18 AM
    I've done a factory reset in ICS with the standard recovery with no problem. 0x19. May have been luck since I've done that to my last E4GT and bricked out.

It won't happen every time. However, once it does it stays until corrected or replaced. Since we don't have the necessary tools to correct replacing is only option for now.

06-13-2012 09:47 AM

Don't scare everyone. You are barking up the wrong tree here mister. Devs like me put hard work into making every ROM safe, so we don't need someone disregarding the work of us.

Anyway, ODIN is the safest method out, but still don't factory reset in ICS or any custom recovery for the time being. Happy Flashing!

BE SAFE!

06-13-2012 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD