While I wanted to to get the new SGIII, I found a great deal on the SGII. I figure I can give it to my wife later when I can afford the SGIII. Either way like any techno-geek I want to be running the latest and greatest OS which I understand to be ICS. My phone is from Sprint it's a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch and it comes running Gingerbread 2.3. Again from what I'm reading you need to root your phone first, then upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwhich. I found this article on how to root the phone. But then I found this about upgrading to ICS "pre-rooted" so I could skip the rooting all together and upgrade with that tutorial. I know information changes so fast from day to day, I was hoping someone could help me figure out what's the best way to get the most current version of ICS on my phone. Any links would be most helpful! The phone comes Tuesday, I can't wait to join the Android community!

EDIT:
    I just found this article, does that mean my phone will automaticlly get upgraded to ICS without any hacking? I just click "Update" or something?
    06-10-2012 06:43 PM
    Don't use that method to root. The zedomax kernel isn't completely stable and is outdated now. For rooting EL29, the easiest way is using an odin one click pre rooted for EL29. You could also do the same thing but for ics if you want the stock ics. The latest version is FF09. If you want to use a custom rom, make sure to just read read read! Be sure you know what you're doing before blindly flashing something as using ics incorrectly can brick your phone. If you want to use a custom ics rom, I'd suggest rooting EL29 and getting clockworkmod, and then flashing a rom. I personally like the Blu Kuban rom.

If you want to stay on gingerbread for now until ics is officially released, I'd suggest the blazer rom. It's incredibly stable and amazing all around.

Also, yes, if you stay on stock gingerbread, you'll eventually get the official OTA for ics from Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-2012 10:47 PM
    Also, take a look through this thread and watch those instructional videos by qbking to be comfortable with it if you decide to go through with rooting.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=156311

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-2012 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD