I need to make a nandroid backup without a screen! Need a hand :]

AlvinPing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm running Blazer 4.1 (GB/EL29 base, Rogue Recovery not sure which version).

Phone met concrete (face down, ouch), and completely killed my screen+digitizer. I want to make a nandroid backup, then root & restore the replacement so I'm right back to where I was. Anyone know the keypress combination for this? (I can pull the backup via USB; phone guts are alive and well, display is just shot). Or, even better, is it possible to nandroid over USB (commandline maybe)?

Similarly, wondering what the easiest way to factory-restore w/o a screen would be. I'd like to send back a clean device.

Your help is appreciated!

-Alvin

AlvinPing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: I need to make a nandroid backup without a screen! Need a han

Stock (or whichever came with 4.1; I didn't flash anything additional). No Gunslinger or anything.

EDIT: I also don't have a MicroSD in there, and I remember there was a setting I had to toggle for it to successfully save the backup file onto Internal Storage. I'm not sure if you have to switch it to Internal every time you backup, but that's one other thing I'll need to consider for the keypresses

Last edited:

AlvinPing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Decided to forgo the nandroid, and simply backed up my storage (pics/music etc) via USB. Then got CM9 up and running on the replacement device :)

Though I'd still like to know: What's the best way to wipe+factory reset the old device over USB? Odin? adb?

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Decided to forgo the nandroid, and simply backed up my storage (pics/music etc) via USB. Then got CM9 up and running on the replacement device :)

Though I'd still like to know: What's the best way to wipe+factory reset the old device over USB? Odin? adb?

This is the simplest way I know of [TOOLS][ODIN][SFHUB] Wipe Data/Factory Reset with Odin / mOdin - xda-developers I am sure there are adb commands you could issue I just haven't come across them.

Reactions: AlvinPing

AlvinPing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

That did the trick! (At first I was wondering why one-click odin wouldn't see my phone.. kept thinking I wasn't in Download Mode [no screen to check otherwise!]; turns out I just had to unplug then re-plug my USB cable. Hah).

Thanks dtm, much appreciated :D

Reactions: dtm_stretch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star