Hi All,
    New to the samsung galaxy S2 Epic 4/Touch,
    I just want to make sure i've dloaded the right one
    :SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe (RESET user data) one i chose since i have nothing installed just stock out of box. I also dloaded clockworkmod and also android drivers, I'm just wanting to know couple questions, 1st. is ok that i chose ( RESET user ) One? 2nd. if i don't like being rooted can i go back to stock out of box? ( not that i would LoL ) but incase what would i have to do?

Thanks for reading and a little help/info, i'm ready to root/flash just making sure on right file i chose before starting
    06-22-2012 10:49 PM
    I can't comment on the correct file since I don't have the device, but I do know they have the option to return or "flash" the device back to stock as it was out of the box when you purchased it.

Everything with the SGSII is done via Odin to setup custom recovery "ClockWorkMod" and then also flash radios "modem" and most importantly "Restore to Stock". ClockWorkMod handles your day to day activities of flashing ROMs, themes and kernels and doing things like making a Nandroid Backup "Complete backup or image of your device" to have in the event you need to restore your device back to a working state if something goes wrong or you just don't like what you flashed and want to return to your old setup.

The rest, I'll leave in the hands of those who have this device and are a bit more educated on the current files.

Good luck.
    06-22-2012 11:10 PM
    Thanks for reply, i forgot to ask also, after im rooted should i put my SDcard back in so when i find different ROMS/Kernals and in clockworkmod just choose from flash from sdcard?.. guess im use to my EVO i had putting everything on the card and flash from cwm but sounds same way?
    06-22-2012 11:15 PM
    Yes you would place ROMs, themes, kernels on your sdcard and then from CWM access them off the sdcard.
    BerryCoolGuy likes this.
    06-22-2012 11:20 PM
    Hi All,
    New to the samsung galaxy S2 Epic 4/Touch,
    I just want to make sure i've dloaded the right one
    :SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe (RESET user data) one i chose since i have nothing installed just stock out of box. I also dloaded clockworkmod and also android drivers, I'm just wanting to know couple questions, 1st. is ok that i chose ( RESET user ) One? 2nd. if i don't like being rooted can i go back to stock out of box? ( not that i would LoL ) but incase what would i have to do?

Thanks for reading and a little help/info, i'm ready to root/flash just making sure on right file i chose before starting
    Just to add on to what has already been said, since you are on stock you should be fine to use the version that preserves user data. When you are switching between major android versions(ie. 2.2 > 2.3 or 2.3 > 4.0) you should wipe user data to minimize any chance for data corruption. Simply applying the rooted version of what you are currently running shouldn't require a wipe.

As for the sdcard, our CWM supports both the internal and the external sdcard so you can put the file on either when you are flashing.
    06-23-2012 09:45 AM
    yup thats what I used to root, Im now running the Blu Kuban ICS rom and absolutely love it!
    06-23-2012 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD