08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    I look forward to nightly builds and I would think 1000 testers would provide more feedback than 3. People will always gripe no matter what you do.
    I'd agree with that. At least with a good number of testers it could be tested under an array of different situations and circumstance.on the other hand this isn't the place for the culmination of every bit and piece of information regarding a work in progress. Thanks for all your hard work, look forward to the nightlies.
    08-07-2012 07:08 PM
    So far I've only been losing data sometimes when turning off wifi. Still able to make texts. Never make calls so i can't confirm that one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    so far i've been running all day with 1.5 and 1 instance of LOS this morning and none since. I've been onWIFI, 3G, 4G no problem. Only thing I can't get GPS lock for nothing tried qbking77 video, tried GPS status app nothing. HELP. other than battery and camera. Its great.
    08-07-2012 07:12 PM
    so do i just redownload 1.5 bcus my camera still isnt working..
    08-07-2012 07:14 PM
    I like the limited tester idea. Cause I just have to flash every one of your updates - and it's affecting my home and work life.
    hckyplr likes this.
    08-07-2012 07:14 PM
    Agreed... private beta will be better for all. The number of questions regarding flashing alone suggests that much.

However, I also worry that having only 3 testers might hinder the LOS progress you're making, only as it seems many factors play into things.

That all said, at the end of the day we will have a very nice JB rom, and we'll have you to thank for it.
    08-07-2012 07:17 PM
    DARN CUSTOMERS!!!!!! Now I done missed my chance to do what I do best and be a TESTER!!!!

Ok,...now that I have vented....it's cool....I just got 1.5 flashed with the 7-17 Gapps and FG31 modem....gonna chill on this for 24 hrs, take a few logcats and report back!

DK2 FTW!
    08-07-2012 07:18 PM
    so far i've been running all day with 1.5 and 1 instance of LOS this morning and none since. I've been onWIFI, 3G, 4G no problem. Only thing I can't get GPS lock for nothing tried qbking77 video, tried GPS status app nothing. HELP. other than battery and camera. Its great.
    question did you installed 1.5 over 1.0? or you did a fresh install of 1.5
    08-07-2012 07:19 PM
    Fresh Install
    08-07-2012 07:26 PM
    so no more updates???
    08-07-2012 07:27 PM
    I did a fresh install wiped everything twice using Caulk's then flashed. I'm using FG31 modem.
    08-07-2012 07:28 PM
    ok I got my three testers
    I've been following and flashing here and there, good luck dk and you three testers. I'll be keeping an eye out for more news. :-) thanks for all the work everyone is putting in from developing to testing and reporting.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 07:28 PM
    I look forward to nightly builds and I would think 1000 testers would provide more feedback than 3. People will always gripe no matter what you do.
    You do have a valid point, as a larger sample certainly helps identify more issues, but when you allow the entire user base to be a tester, you end up with 100 posts with a single line like "hey my wifi keeps cutting out. Any suggestions?". Then DK2 has to wade through those 100 posts trying to hopefully find one who actually posted a logcat or something useful along with the report of that particular issue. My view is, doing it this way will be more efficient until all of the commonly reported issues have been worked out. At some point I think it's of value to separate the testers from the end users until things are further along.
    08-07-2012 07:29 PM
    Just had dinner to find this update.. can't believe I missed it considering the last few days here i understand though.

I've been testing since alpha 2 lol

08-07-2012 07:29 PM
    I'll test

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-07-2012 07:30 PM
    You do have a valid point, as a larger sample certainly helps identify more issues, but when you allow the entire user base to be a tester, you end up with 100 posts with a single line like "hey my wifi keeps cutting out. Any suggestions?". Then DK2 has to wade through those 100 posts trying to hopefully find one who actually posted a logcat or something useful along with the report of that particular issue. My view is, doing it this way will be more efficient until all of the commonly reported issues have been worked out. At some point I think it's of value to separate the testers from the end users until things are further along.
    Hypothetically, what happens if the 3 testers don't experience the common problems due to not exposing the phone to the variables and conditions that trigger the issue and then a build is released that is plagued with problems? It's happened with several major manufacturer's products and then emergency dot releases are issued. However, with a community waiting anxiously for new builds, it's back in the fire again.
    08-07-2012 07:35 PM
    For those of you like me who leave wifi on for data at your house because sprint is terrible, please report on battery life and deep sleep later. On earlier builds if I left wifi off I'd get deep sleep and great battery life but if I left wifi on it was like my battery was melting. Please and thank you!

I gotta take the night off of messing with my phone and spend some time with my little girl.
    I always use WIFI at home but I got no battery life bout 2,5 hours maybe 3. But I'm gonna turn of WIFI and see if my battery life improves...
    08-07-2012 07:36 PM
    No, I've tried several different modems. No luck yet.
    Yeah at about hour 4hrs in LOS happened. It was only once I switched to WiFi, then back to 3G, it wouldn't reconnect to 3G. I ended up for the meantime getting an Airplane Toggle Widget(Beautiful Widgets), which seems to be a quick workaround. Downloaded my purchased Camera ZOOM FX and it FC's.

Can't find a File Explorer app, or a Camera app?Easy fix, Google Play Astro File Explorer and a Camera App.
    08-07-2012 07:36 PM
    i think a 1000 heads is better than 3...
    08-07-2012 07:37 PM
    Hey DK you still havent gotten the Design for CM10 from the Cyanogen Team?
    08-07-2012 07:39 PM
    Camera isnt working still. someone said the issue was fixed how do i go about correcting this problem. Do i simply download CM10 RC1.5 and reinstall it?
    08-07-2012 07:40 PM
    Just had dinner to find this update.. can't believe I missed it considering the last few days here i understand though.

I've been testing since alpha 2 lol

You might have missed it but you can download RC 1.5 below:

HFS /public/
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-07-2012 07:43 PM
    I always use WIFI at home but I got no battery life bout 2,5 hours maybe 3. But I'm gonna turn of WIFI and see if my battery life improves...
    Good to know it's not just me then.
    08-07-2012 07:43 PM
    How did you get 4g working. Im on a fresh install of 1.5 with cwm6 and fg31.
    08-07-2012 07:49 PM
    getting ghost voice mails again...
    do you mean the voicemail update notification (the update can't install because of a parsing error) or the much more dreaded phantom notification that never goes away?

The former I still am experiencing (RC1) while the latter I haven't seen for awhile, thank god (and dark_knight2 )
    08-07-2012 07:52 PM
    I think your cutting off your foot to stop the pain in your arm by reducing your sample rate to 3. the more people you have testing your ROM the more likely your are to finding out all the issues it has. It's likely that the three people you picked don't experience a problem and you push out the ROM only to have to pull it do to problems.
    anakin_sw and RaveSaint5 like this.
    08-07-2012 07:55 PM
2,584 ... 9899100101102 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD