Geez 2,500 posts and 100,000 views on this thread
    And I count 676 downloads of RC.. since i started hosting.. .2 days ago thats pretty darn good considering we have the other mirror too
    08-07-2012 10:53 PM
    dk2 I've been running your RC1 for two days now on my uscc device and I have a solid dd. I don't mind not having cm parts cuz I have a solid dd haha... I think one freeze up in Google Now but no los, plenty of deep sleep and all that buttery smoothness. best of luck to you and your testers
    deakelem and sosovoo like this.
    08-07-2012 10:55 PM
    Hey DK I'm back. I noticed that I experienced LoS every 20-40 minutes but once I rebooted my phone it would take 20-40 minutes until I lost service again. Other than that, it runs buttery smooth!
    08-07-2012 11:01 PM
    According the CM, I don't think these builds technically qualify for RC status. CM9 for E4GT is at Alpha 6 status right now and transitioning to beta soon.

From Cyanogenmod's Page:
    About the project | CyanogenMod

The variants of the firmware are split into 3 categories, Stable, Release Candidate and Nightlies. The Stable version, as suggested by the title, is the tried and tested variant of the firmware proven to be mostly bug free and suitable for daily use. The latest stable version is available for an assortment of the officially supported devices. A Release Candidate (RC) build may not be the final version, but a variant that has no fatal flaws or bugs, on the stabilization stages to become the final product that is the Stable variant. Lastly we have the Nightlies, which are as volatile as a firmware can get. These releases keep coming at an interval of a day or two and if you do end up trying one of these, do not be alarmed if the your device goes cuckoo on you.
    oddlou and iniz94 like this.
    08-07-2012 11:04 PM
    How is this rc1 if even the galaxy nexus is still on preview builds? Is there LOS still? Do the cameras work? How do I install?
    LOS varies between different configs i.e modems, kernels, etc. Camera I dont think works at least in most cases it does not. And to install check OP (flash back to el29 cwm, go from there)

and it may not technically be an RC as RC usually go but a lot of people report great stability so perhaps that deserves the RC badge.

If you read a couple pages earlier you will notice that Dark Knight realized his build versions needed to be changed and he has future plans to do so.

Cheers
    _Viper_ likes this.
    08-07-2012 11:30 PM
    LOS varies between different configs i.e modems, kernels, etc. Camera I dont think works at least in most cases it does not. And to install check OP (flash back to el29 cwm, go from there)

and it may not be a technacly be an RC as RC usually go but a lot of people report great stability so perhaps that deserves the RC badge.

If you read a couple pages earlier you will notice that Dark Knight realized his build versions needed to be changed and he has future plans to do so.

Cheers
    This in no form bears resemblance to a Release Candidate. Just because a select few report some form of stability does not make it RC worthy. Aside from the systemic LOS plaguing this build, there are many core Android features omitted. It is most comparable to an Alpha. This is not a bashing of the ROM, but that it must be rebranded to avoid confusing people into flashing a build that is half working and half not. RC denotes stability and the nearing completion of a project.
    bruciebabie1963 and izzibew26 like this.
    08-07-2012 11:37 PM
    Post deleted

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    08-07-2012 11:38 PM
    This in no form bears resemblance to a Release Candidate. Just because a select few report some form of stability does not make it RC worthy. Aside from the systemic LOS plaguing this build, there are many core Android features omitted. It is most comparable to an Alpha. This is not a bashing of the ROM, but that it must be rebranded to avoid confusing people into flashing a build that is half working and half not. RC denotes stability and the nearing completion of a project.
    Understand, just trying to give you my take on it. Trying to bring out the RC like characteristics so you could understand.

version labeling is not up to me, i just test, host, and do what i can
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-07-2012 11:38 PM
    Removed

08-07-2012 11:40 PM
    Agreed deak

08-07-2012 11:42 PM
    Well i do know he always made strong point to label himself as a contributor and not a developer for these particular reasons. Dont quote me on the reason why but i believe it had to do with issues like this. It's in a previous post of his, not sure where.. sorry.

The fact is, and the way we see it here, he puts a lot of work into making builds better and is quick to respond and give his best effort when it comes to fixing issues. For that we can only thank him, and im sure all of us here and in this thread do what we can to help and contribute.
    patrao_n, sosovoo, iniz94 and 1 others like this.
    08-07-2012 11:45 PM
    Well i do know he always made strong point to label himself as a contributor and not a developer for these particular reasons. Dont quote me on the reason why but i believe it had to do with issues like this. It's in a previous post of his, not sure where.. sorry.
    Op

08-07-2012 11:46 PM
    Thread once again cleaned.

Many posts were deleted pertaining to this ongoing nonsense..

What is this day 4 or 5 of this now?
    08-07-2012 11:48 PM
    Went out and bought a Galaxy Nexus to get away from this nonsense.
    Toodles

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-2012 12:01 AM
    Damn DK2 you got a lot of haters in here.. You must be doing something right keep up the good work and thanks for the builds

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-08-2012 12:06 AM
    Why all the disrespect towards dk? So he called it a RC and a few things don't work right. Most things are working as of rc1. Still no reason to bash dk his Rom is apparently much better than the one everyone else is developing hence everyone being in this forum. Keep up the good work dk.

deakelem, patrao_n and Joeyc23 like this.
    08-08-2012 12:11 AM
    yea....this IS America.....home of the "if i steal a red car and paint it blue its mine" mentality. I guess he is doing something right then.....hell....its the American Way!!!
    ehh thats a terrible way actually lol.. I hope other countries dont see us like that. But nevertheless I think he does great work.

Sorry to hear people have so much trouble with it.. it is kinda sad because when you join these forums and you get involved you cant help but feel the huge levels of comradery between you and everyone else.. you almost feel as if everyone is together and on the same side.

Sucks that its not always like that
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-08-2012 12:17 AM
    Most of the time I Odin back to stock using mobile odin... lol I imagine quite a few others do as well. There is a copy of the full EL26 on my SDcard at all times.
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ive just always used a PC to restore to stock, I use mobile Odin for kernels only when needed

Isnt it easier to use Mobile Odin back to EL26 CWM then flash the new RC / Versions?
    I only flash the el26 kernel with mobile Odin not full roms

As far as I know, there is no reason to go back to stock fully unless you are downgrading OS versions, or if you have some sort of issue you need to fix by going back to stock.. whenever I'm changing roms or updating or restoring, I just flash the el26 kernel, wipe data/factory reset, clear caches and sometimes format system.. never any issues..

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/07 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    Lee7144 likes this.
    08-08-2012 12:23 AM
    Has anyone been able to make DPI changes with this ROM? I tried changing to 140, but then the screen went black after the initial Galaxy S II screen.
    08-08-2012 12:25 AM
    I think 160 is as low as you can go and it still work right.

Need Help? Find us on our IRC
    /server irc.flux.cd
    /join #TeamRejectz
    Or catch me on GTalk
    scarmon27@gmail.com

JB has tabUI by default, I am able to run without any issues (due to dpi) at 128

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/07 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    08-08-2012 12:31 AM
    Cleaned and back open for business...

Continuing to troll this thread concerning source or edits not being shared will end with posts removed at our discretion and possible further action if necessary.

Again, I think Dark Knight2 knows what he's up against and cluttering up the thread isn't going make things any better.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    08-08-2012 12:32 AM
    Why all the disrespect towards dk? So he called it a RC and a few things don't work right. Most things are working as of rc1. Still no reason to bash dk his Rom is apparently much better than the one everyone else is developing hence everyone being in this forum. Keep up the good work dk.

Not bashing. Just pointing out that CM9 is at Alpha 6 and has very minor bugs and this is at RC1.X and has LOS, no camera, no Bluetooth streaming, attenuated audio volume, no audio output through USB, wake locks, reboots, radically decreased battery life and rebuilds the dalvik cache upon bootup. Perhaps it should be rebranded more accurately.
    08-08-2012 01:08 AM
    Lmfao. This is hilarious. Well we know what Android central stands for now

Need Help? Find us on our IRC
    /server irc.flux.cd
    /join #TeamRejectz
    Or catch me on GTalk
    scarmon27@gmail.com
    I take issue with this particular comment (as well as some others that have already been deleted). What Android Central stands for is linked in my signature. The forum rules. We're not here to solve developer disputes. That should be done via PM or some other way that doesn't involve posting in the thread for all to see. All that gets accomplished by posting in the thread is that the thread gets filled with (honestly) useless posts that have nothing to do with what the thread is about.

So, if anybody feels the need to continue posting about his source, or releasing his work, or anything that doesn't deal directly with the work the OP is doing then please move along. We can skip the petty infractions for trolling/flaming and go straight to something a bit stronger. Too much time has been spent on this particular issue by the mod team to continue to deal with the one or two people that just want to cause problems.
    08-08-2012 01:22 AM
    WOW, and I thought XDA was bad...
    Keep up the great contribution and progress on this ROM DK.

PM him if you have a problem with him.

Paul627g likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:01 AM
    Closed while I take out the trash.
    Paul627g, X-dude and Rickyq12 like this.
    08-08-2012 02:20 AM
2,584 ... 100101102103104
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD