Threads been cleaned up. We're not giving out any more warnings in this thread, so if you troll or hate, and can't login all of a sudden -- you have been banned, and your posts have been quarantined.
    08-08-2012 03:07 AM
    ...well anyway, while I wait on my Gnex and stuff, has anybody heard from Dk about further builds? I understand he took testers but I didn't think we'd be totally abandoned, and I doubt we have been. Maybe I'm just experiencing rom withdrawal or something? Oh I don't make sense, goodnight.
    Oh, and I fixed the camera in "RC" 1.5. Sorta. I tried setting up face unlock, and then tried the camera app, to my surprise it worked.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-08-2012 03:57 AM
    ...well anyway, while I wait on my Gnex and stuff, has anybody heard from Dk about further builds? I understand he took testers but I didn't think we'd be totally abandoned, and I doubt we have been. Maybe I'm just experiencing rom withdrawal or something? Oh I don't make sense, goodnight.
    Oh, and I fixed the camera in "RC" 1.5. Sorta. I tried setting up face unlock, and then tried the camera app, to my surprise it worked.

Did the camera work from the app and if yes how did you fix it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-08-2012 04:28 AM
    I am looking forward to this stabilized

08-08-2012 04:30 AM
    go to system settings, more and 4g setttings select both lines. worked fine for me in fact I'm on it now unless it's lying to me.
    It worked. Looks like it wasn't working when toggled through the notification bar power conrrol widgets.
    08-08-2012 05:25 AM
    Not bashing. Just pointing out that CM9 is at Alpha 6 and has very minor bugs and this is at RC1.X and has LOS, no camera, no Bluetooth streaming, attenuated audio volume, no audio output through USB, wake locks, reboots, radically decreased battery life and rebuilds the dalvik cache upon bootup. Perhaps it should be rebranded more accurately.
    To my understanding, like this from, cm9 alpha 6 is unofficial. I didn't read the link, but considering this is open source, and he's not building for team cyanogenmod, his releases are labeled as he sees fit. Looking at the big picture, how many problems originally existed, and how many of those problems are no longer present, I'd say in terms of progress that his build versions aren't out of this world. If someone can't read the OP to see what is working and what's not, that's on them.
    kuttykartel and patrao_n like this.
    08-08-2012 06:40 AM

Wait camera works????????
    08-08-2012 06:59 AM
    OK BACK to reporting bugs and fixes!

Can anyone else confirm camera working after face lock on lock screen?

08-08-2012 07:02 AM
    Ok. Wow.Thanks mods for the clean up. Alot of changes to the op and rom structuring are coming down the pipe very soon. I spoken with Team Cyanogenmod member via IRC last night. I have ALOT of work in my op to fix. Also I will be removing "RC" as well. I am hoping one day that This can be merged into the cm teams repo to become officially supported. Will it happen? Very Doubtful.

People fail to comprihend the fact that I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I AM STILL LEARNING. If you cant understand this fact then leave. End of story.
    08-08-2012 07:09 AM
    Has anyone been able to make DPI changes with this ROM? I tried changing to 140, but then the screen went black after the initial Galaxy S II screen.
    Tried it in LCD Density Modder and tried changing the build.prop manually and got the same. Then i tried RomToolbox and changed it in the build.prop tweaks and it worked.

thaprinze likes this.
    08-08-2012 07:24 AM
    OK BACK to reporting bugs and fixes!

Can anyone else confirm camera working after face lock on lock screen?

tried and failed
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-08-2012 07:51 AM
    Tried it in LCD Density Modder and tried changing the build.prop manually and got the same. Then i tried RomToolbox and changed it in the build.prop tweaks and it worked.

why would you want to make those changes?? noobie looking for answers
    08-08-2012 07:52 AM
    tried and failed
    Testing this out also

08-08-2012 08:00 AM
    why would you want to make those changes?? noobie looking for answers
    Turns your phone into a tablet since the resolution is bigger and makes everything smaller. Giving you a tablet UI experience.

08-08-2012 08:02 AM
    Turns your phone into a tablet since the resolution is bigger and makes everything smaller. Giving you a tablet UI experience.
    While this is true, it can get a bit extreme, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. But a more tame modification, like to 200 or even 190 work beautifully on this phone. I cannot imagine using it at the default 240 - it's way too huge. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, I highly recommend you try 200dpi.

And the face unlock trick didn't work for me.
    08-08-2012 08:13 AM
    Wait camera works????????
    Doesn't work for me, here are some logcat parts from 1.5 that might be useful:

I/CameraService( 1843): CameraService started (pid=1843)
    V/CameraWrapper( 1843): camera_get_number_of_cameras
    V/CameraWrapper( 1843): check_vendor_module
    E/HAL ( 1843): load: id=vendor-camera != hmi->id=camera
    E/CameraWrapper( 1843): failed to open vendor camera module

and from opening the Camera app:

I/ActivityManager( 2070): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.gallery3d/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher u=0} from pid 2452
    D/dalvikvm( 1841): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 0ms
    I/ActivityManager( 2070): Start proc com.android.gallery3d for activity com.android.gallery3d/com.android.camera.CameraLauncher: pid=3981 uid=10016 gids={1006, 3003, 1015, 1028}
    D/dalvikvm( 1841): GC_EXPLICIT freed 38K, 72% free 2159K/7680K, paused 2ms+2ms, total 27ms
    D/dalvikvm( 1841): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 72% free 2159K/7680K, paused 2ms+7ms, total 35ms
    D/dalvikvm( 1841): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 72% free 2159K/7680K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 39ms
    I/ActivityThread( 3981): Pub com.android.gallery3d.provider: com.android.gallery3d.provider.GalleryProvider
    V/CameraHolder( 3981): open camera 0
    E/CameraService( 1843): CameraService::connect X (pid 3981) rejected (invalid cameraId 0).
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): fail to connect Camera
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): at android.hardware.Camera.native_setup(Native Method)
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): at android.hardware.Camera.<init>(Camera.java:323)
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): at android.hardware.Camera.open(Camera.java:283)
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.CameraManager.cameraOpen(CameraManager.java:224)
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.CameraHolder.open(CameraHolder.java:151)
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.Util.openCamera(Util.java:293)
    E/CameraHolder( 3981): at com.android.camera.Camera$CameraStartUpThread.run(Camera.java:284)
    V/StateManager( 3981): startState class com.android.gallery3d.app.PhotoPage
    V/NFC ( 3981): this device does not have NFC support
    D/OrientationManager( 3981): lock orientation to portrait
    W/WVMExtractor( 1843): Failed to open libwvm.so
    08-08-2012 08:20 AM
    Log cat on facelock setup in settings causing facelock to error out

http://db.tt/D34D5x5w

08-08-2012 08:38 AM
    Alright so I don't know if this is still considered a bug or not, but I'm still getting pretty horrible LoS, even after updating my modem to FG31 which seems to have worked for everyone. I'm starting to think it is a kernel issue (as was mentioned earlier), but can any vets let me know if I'm possibly doing something wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks for any response!
    08-08-2012 09:33 AM
    Ok. Wow.Thanks mods for the clean up. Alot of changes to the op and rom structuring are coming down the pipe very soon. I spoken with Team Cyanogenmod member via IRC last night. I have ALOT of work in my op to fix. Also I will be removing "RC" as well. I am hoping one day that This can be merged into the cm teams repo to become officially supported. Will it happen? Very Doubtful.

People fail to comprihend the fact that I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I AM STILL LEARNING. If you cant understand this fact then leave. End of story.
    If you do remove the RC title please just let me know and i can change the hosted rom names accordingly. Unless they will be new roms with new names. If thats the case just let me know if you want me to continue to host "RC" roms or remove them when replacement names/roms starting coming through.

Thanks!

http://206.174.246.155/public
    08-08-2012 09:35 AM
    Hey Dark Knight, Quick Question.

From the kernel, can you change the RRC State to only switch between PCH and DCH?

I've noticed the LOS tends to happen when the phone is idle.
    08-08-2012 09:57 AM
    Hey Dark Knight, Quick Question.

From the kernel, can you change the RRC State to only switch between PCH and DCH?

I've noticed the LOS tends to happen when the phone is idle.
    LOS is defintely not rom or kernel related. I have never ever experienced it, and have been with this rom since Alpha 1. As far as battery drain... 18 hours on battery yesterday. Torch, camera, and bluetooth media... that is all. Anyone else experiencing more issues, switch to US Cellular lol.
    08-08-2012 10:03 AM
    LOS is defintely not rom or kernel related. I have never ever experienced it, and have been with this rom since Alpha 1. As far as battery drain... 18 hours on battery yesterday. Torch, camera, and bluetooth media... that is all. Anyone else experiencing more issues, switch to US Cellular lol.
    LoS is most certainly kernel related. Sbrissen and several others have acknowledged this.
    08-08-2012 10:05 AM
    LoS is most certainly kernel related. Sbrissen and several others have acknowledged this.
    I am running the kernel that comes with the rom. I am on modem ff18, I do edits to the apns.conf, the eri.xml, and build.prop. If I dont do these edits, guess what I get ... LOS, intermittent 3g, dropped calls, and battery drain. Hmm.... Sprint?

Does that make my edits better then the edits used for Sprint.. I have no idea , but I have seen the build.prop for your guys phone and its rediculously long. Mine is only a few lines. Same with eri.xml, and apns.
    08-08-2012 10:07 AM
    So then you are telling me that it is the edits I make to the rom? Or the way the rom and kernel interact with my carrier? Explain what is happening then.
    08-08-2012 10:12 AM
    Edited to avoid fueling trolls
    deakelem, _Viper_ and cob11341 like this.
    08-08-2012 10:19 AM
2,584 ... 101102103104
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD