[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
CM10 Jellybean for the Epic Touch 4G is officially here. As of BETA 3 this rom is now a source built ROM and no longer a port. This is now a Release Canidiate ROM. If you are looking for full stability, this ROM is NOT for you.

This ROM has been downloaded over 20,000 times From Alpha 1 to RC1. That is a huge number. Thanks for the support.

Attention: I just want to make something very clear. The word "Dev" or "Developer" has been applied to me by numerious individuals. Trust me I am not a developer. In fact very far from it. Im a contributor. Nothing more. I just love android sharing my little knowledge with the community. :)

Disclaimer: FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE FLASHING THIS THEN OH WELL FOR YOU. I MIGHT EVEN LAUGH. THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY. BY DOWNLOADING FROM THE LINK YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND YOU ALONE ARE RESPONIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES.

Source from here and here

My Github: Currently Private, Do NOT PM me about it.

About GPL and Source code:
Android Source Code falls under Apache Licensing and not GPL.
Kernel source does fall under GPL, however my modified code DOES NOT fall under GPL due to it being a modification of already available source code. Go here for unmodified Source code.

Donation Link:
PAYPAL DONATION LINK

What works?
It boots
Touchscreen
Jellybean Launcher
Butter Smoothness
Camera
Video Recording
WiFi
Scrolling
Samsung v6 RIL
3G
4G WiMax
MMS
Google Search
Email
Exchange
Texting
SD Card
eMMC
GOOGLE NOW WORKS 100%
Bluetooth Calling and Pairing

What doesnt work?
1. Bluetooth Media (JB Issue)
2. LOS (Kernel Issue)
3. Computer Wont Recognize device (Aosp rom issue)
4. Horrible Battery Drain (Kernel Issue)
5. Sometimes Texts. calls. and mms wont work (This is because of LoS, reboot your device when it happens)
Everything that is not in "whats working?" section...

Do you got a possible fix or trick to help a fellow user?
Go here to spread the word

WARNING: DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM INSIDE ANY ICS BASED RECOVERY. IF YOU DO YOU WILL BRICK. APPARENTLY THE REAL CAUSE OF THE HARD BRICK IS STILL UNKNOWN. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Directions To Install:
Download CM10 ROM
Download Jellybean Gapps
Mobile Odin or CWM flash chris41g's Clockworkmod 5 EL26 Recovery Kernel (DO NOT USE ANY ICS RECOVERY OR YOU WILL HARD BRICK)
Move both ROM and Gapps to SD Card (If you dont do this you WILL BRICK)
Boot into EL26 CWM 5 Recovery
Make a nandroid of your current Setup inside recovery
Wipe data
Wipe cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Flash CM10 ROM
Flash Jellybean Gapps
Reboot out of recovery
Let sit for 5 mins
Enjoy JB

CREDITS:
Sbrissen (Cyanogen/AOSP Maintainer and Awesome Developer)(Huge Thanks)(Kernel)
Chris41g (Cyanogen Maintainer)
Xboxfanj (Epic 4G Source)
Darchstar (Cyanogen Maintainer)
Shabbypeguin (Unofficial Nightlies Maintainer)
Team Cyanogenmod (The whole team)
Team Kang (AOKP Jellybean Pieces)
Samsung (Device)
Google (Making Jellybean Open Source)

DOWNLOADS ARE HERE:

Attention U.S Cellular Users:
Go here to Download A Compatible CM10 test build for your device

SPRINT USERS:

CM10 RC's and Stable Releases:

CM10 RC1 Release

New As Of Aug 05, 2012 at 6:52am Pacific Standard Time
Jellybean Gapps Download here

Changelog:

CM10 RC1 Release Changelog:
Reduced LoS (Better then before)
Reduced Battery Drain (Better then before)
Added New Build.prop Tweaks
Recompiled and Recoded Sbrissens JB Kernel (Developers: STOP ASKING FOR MY SOURCE CODE)
Added Extended Power Menu (Sbrissens Source code)(Huge Thanks)
Added In CM10 Theme Chooser
Added Some New Upstream Fixes (CM10 Source)
Fixed Sleep of Death
Fixed SU and Superuser (Chainsfire)
Reverted to old 07-17-2012 gapps

WARNING: THERE IS ALWAYS RISK OF BRICKING WITH A NEW OS UPDATE. JELLYBEAN HAS BEEN A TOUGH NUT TO CRACK THUS FAR. PLEASE USE CAUTION.

Please hit my thanks button or donate to the open source cause if you enjoy my contribution to this community.

Last edited:

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Update on port. Its still bootlooping. I am going to pull the boot.img from the nexus to see how the ram disk is set up. Im sure im missing a line of code or something. Its still a WIP.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Jelly Bean Port COMING SOON

Update on port. Its still bootlooping. I am going to pull the boot.img from the nexus to see how the ram disk is set up. Im sure im missing a line of code or something. Its still a WIP.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Have fun, that happens with us as well lol.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Are u working on a port as well?

Sent From A Rotary Phone

No, but I have flashed all of them for the VZW Galaxy Nexus. Only one seems to have a lot of success with avoiding bootloops/horrifically long boots, and that's the Jelly Belly port.

Wh19L45H

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
If you need testers I will be willing to help just let me know your ice rom is the bombdiggity lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DK_Liquid_Ice

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you need testers I will be willing to help just let me know your ice rom is the bombdiggity lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DK_Liquid_Ice

Heres the issue im having. When it bootloops I attempt to pull a logcat it gives me nothing. So im fixing it blind. I kinda took a break from it.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Heres the issue im having. When it bootloops I attempt to pull a logcat it gives me nothing. So im fixing it blind. I kinda took a break from it.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

This may not help you at all, but...

The most stable GN port out there is called Jelly Belly. You may want to take a peak at what's going on in that one to see if you can glean anything.

Somehow, he appears to have fixed the booting issue.

Someone mentioned having an init.d to automatically wipe your cache upon reboot, but I'm not 100% sure if that's what Belly does or not.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This may not help you at all, but...

The most stable GN port out there is called Jelly Belly. You may want to take a peak at what's going on in that one to see if you can glean anything.

Somehow, he appears to have fixed the booting issue.

Someone mentioned having an init.d to automatically wipe your cache upon reboot, but I'm not 100% sure if that's what Belly does or not.

That would explain the insanely long boot ups people are having with the JB Ports. Now it makes sense. That wouldnt help in this case cause if that was the issue it would boot the first time then bootloop there after cause of the cache thing. Im still lost.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Go Dark_Knight2 go!

Looking forward to a stable JB port.

Looking forward to the day when we have no builders and no carriers mucking up Android.

Waiting for Android nirvana :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante