08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Can you boot into recovery? I had the same problem. I restored with a previous nandriod(ICS)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    i didn't try, i just thought i did something wrong. now im on el29 gb blah..lol
    07-31-2012 05:22 PM
    Is anyone having an issue with google playstore with these new rider gapps? is says server error.

flashing dark knight gapps to see if there is a difference

still coming up server error any ideas?
    deciding to completely wipe again and reflash.

DK this is weird I have never had this issue before, this is the first time trying beta 2 is this a known issue I am not aware of?

Also noticed an issue with the video camera, when you go to take video it works fine, but when it goes to write to the card it freezes and after a while of hanging it will say stopped working would you like to wait or close... also just now trying to reproduce it it froze entirely and the screen got messed up with lines and grainy pixels. .... had to hard reboot.

What the hell, it stopped recognizing my charger now.
    Im not getting the server error but it stays on downloading and never actually starts the download (trying to update google plus)

camera, i recorded and when i stopped it it froze, i was able to go home, i went into gallery, video was there but it was a grey block with the play symbol on it, i clicked on it and got a message saying "Can't play this video."
    07-31-2012 05:24 PM
    I must have did something to my edits wrong... by chance dk2 did you make any different edits to the build.prop, eri.xml, or the apns.confg from beta 1 to beta 2?
    07-31-2012 05:28 PM
    I dont see why alpha 4 would work and beta 2 wouldnt... I didnt switch anything but the gapps, and confirmed that flashing dark knights or riders didnt matter.
    07-31-2012 05:29 PM
    In beta 2 with dark gapps same issue with Google play stays stuck on some downloads look like data on both 4g and 3g after it settles starts to pause it seems (data) even though it has 1-4 bars of signal

07-31-2012 05:30 PM
    i flashed el26 kernel thru mobile odin and got a black screen upon reboot..i was on cm9 a6

just odined back to el29..sigh
    EL26 = Gingerbread
    CM9 = Ice Cream Sandwich

Ever seen how oil mixes with water? Right, it's doesn't. Either does a GB kernel with an ICS ROM.

From what you described, I have to assume you actually tried to let your phone boot, which is the cause of your problem. After the Mobile Odin flash and your phone reboots and hits the black SGSII boot screen, you need to pull the battery or hold down the power button to power off. Then boot directly into recovery from an off state by holding down Vol Up + Power, then perform the required wipes, and flash this ROM and your GAPPs from there.
    wildside84 likes this.
    07-31-2012 05:30 PM
    My work around was when I did have data I downloaded a network refresher so i can reset the signal. Just till the issue gets sorted but even with a refresh a reboot is the only fix

07-31-2012 05:31 PM
    I must have did something to my edits wrong... by chance dk2 did you make any different edits to the build.prop, eri.xml, or the apns.confg from beta 1 to beta 2?
    Yes I used a simplifed Apn.conf file from cm9. Just take out the complex one from my alpha and make your edits. Sorry bout that
    07-31-2012 05:35 PM
    sorry for the noob question but everytime i try to flash this rom i get a sym link error what am i doing wrong
    07-31-2012 05:42 PM
    EL26 = Gingerbread
    CM9 = Ice Cream Sandwich

Ever seen how oil mixes with water? Right, it's doesn't. Either does a GB kernel with an ICS ROM.

From what you described, I have to assume you actually tried to let your phone boot, which is the cause of your problem. After the Mobile Odin flash and your phone reboots and hits the black SGSII boot screen, you need to pull the battery or hold down the power button to power off. Then boot directly into recovery from an off state by holding down Vol Up + Power, then perform the required wipes, and flash this ROM and your GAPPs from there.
    thanks im on jb now, just made the mistake of saying yes to google now instead of no
    07-31-2012 05:50 PM
    this happened to me when I tried the lowrider gapps on B1, only thing that fixed the issue was to wipe and reflash with DK gapps.
    07-31-2012 06:14 PM
    this happened to me when I tried the lowrider gapps on B1, only thing that fixed the issue was to wipe and reflash with DK gapps.
    what happened? quote who you are talking about please.
    07-31-2012 06:20 PM
    DK the apns file I have used in my alpha 4 is this :

<apns version="7">
    <apn carrier="USCC"
    mcc="311"
    mnc="220"
    apn="internet"
    user="*"
    password="*"
    server="*"
    mmsc="http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS"
    authtype="3"
    port="80"
    mmsport="80"
    type="default,supl,mms" />
    </apns>

Your apns is rediculously different in beta 2

Where do I plug this information into yours? It looks like you have 2-3 different configurations for carriers in yours??
    The only thing broken in my alpha 4 is wakelock and GPS... possibly some settings and of course google now setup
    07-31-2012 06:27 PM
    your apns-conf.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!--
    /*
    ** Copyright 2012, Cyanogenmod
    ** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    ** you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    ** You may obtain a copy of the License at
    ** http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    ** Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
    ** distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    ** WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    ** See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
    ** limitations under the License.
    */
    -->

<!-- use empty string to specify no proxy or port -->
    <!-- This version must agree with that in apps/common/res/apns.xml -->
    <apns version="7">
    <apn carrier="MobiPCS" mcc="310" mnc="00" apn="MobiPCS" user="@mobipcs.com" password="mobipcs" mmsc="http://mms.mobipcs.com" authtype="3" type="*" />
    <apn carrier="Verizon" mcc="310" mnc="004" apn="internet" user="*" password="*" server="*" mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" type="default,supl,mms" />
    <apn carrier="Cricket" mcc="310" mnc="16" apn="wap.mycricket.com" user="@mycricket.com" password="cricket" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" authtype="2" type="*" />
    <apn carrier="MetroPCS" mcc="310" mnc="027" apn="wap.metropcs.net" user="MDN@mymetropcs.com" password="metropcs" server="http://mms.metropcs.net/servlets/mmsc" mmsc="http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc" mmsport="3128" type="default,supl,mms" />
    <apn carrier="Sprint" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="Sprint" user="Sprint" server="*" password="*" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" authtype="3"/>
    <apn carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mcc="311" mnc="490" apn="0" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsport="81" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port="" type="mms" />
    <apn carrier="Boost MMS" mcc="505" mnc="02" apn="mms" user="" password="" server="" proxy="61.88.190.10" port="8070" mmsc="http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/" mmsproxy="61.88.190.10" mmsport="8070" type="mms" authtype="3"/>
    <apn carrier="Boost Mobile" mcc="505" mnc="02" apn="yesinternet" user="" password="" server="" proxy="" port="" mmsc="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" type="default,supl" authtype="3"/>
    </apns>
    07-31-2012 06:36 PM
    Just do a straight copy and paste.
    07-31-2012 06:39 PM
    Just do a straight copy and paste.
    overwrite yours with mine then? Like I have been doing? That would not change anything since I make edits to your builds everytime before I flash.

Also, would that make play store's server error? I am wiped and on your gapps 7/29... I am have never had this issue.
    edit edit: there is something wrong with the playstore , when i try to look at apps, it says We're sorry, there was an error. Please try again later.this is from the actual website.... YES I AM NOT AN ***** AFTERALL

I am going to flash your beta 2 with no edits and see if that works.... frustrated as hell right now.
    07-31-2012 06:43 PM
    overwrite yours with mine then? Like I have been doing? That would not change anything since I make edits to your builds everytime before I flash.

Also, would that make play store's server error? I am wiped and on your gapps 7/29... I am have never had this issue.
    edit edit: there is something wrong with the playstore , when i try to look at apps, it says We're sorry, there was an error. Please try again later.this is from the actual website.... YES I AM NOT AN ***** AFTERALL

I am going to flash your beta 2 with no edits and see if that works.... frustrated as hell right now.
    You got a little taste of what i felt like when i released alpha 1.
    07-31-2012 07:15 PM
    searched the thread but didn't find anything on external sd not mounting. my physical sd card doesn't show up under external_sd and when I try to go to settings -> storage, it FCs. Anyone else having this problem?

<update>
    oops...figured out it mounts to /mnt/extSdCard.
    07-31-2012 07:16 PM
    i cant get pass the boot screen
    07-31-2012 07:26 PM
    searched the thread but didn't find anything on external sd not mounting. my physical sd card doesn't show up under external_sd and when I try to go to settings -> storage, it FCs. Anyone else having this problem?
    yes settings -> storage FCs
    07-31-2012 07:27 PM
    Also - chris41g kernel is NOT working with beta2
    That's because his kernel is ics source.
    07-31-2012 07:43 PM
    Beta 3 bluetooth is fixed i think. Still trying to figure out wake lock and settings fc
    07-31-2012 07:48 PM
    Still had LOS on beta 2. Toggling airplane mode fixed it. But I was only booted into for like 15 minutes before it started...
    07-31-2012 08:19 PM
    so does anyone has reasonably good battery life yet on beta 2
    07-31-2012 08:22 PM
    I am loving this ROM! I had some issues with text and calls not coming in on B1 but I haven't seen an issue with it yet on B2. And battery is horrid. I know you probably already know all this but I STILL LOVE THIS ROM!!!
    07-31-2012 08:25 PM
2,584 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD