08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    battery life will not be good til everything is really stable, do to google now, wakelocks, etc all eating battery. Google now is always open. This bad boy runs smooth (beta 2) can't wait to try beta 3 great job DK. Love how dev's can dev even not having the phone
    07-31-2012 08:26 PM
    Can anyone confirm or deny that Exchange with SSL works in this ROM? So far every other JB build, it does not. No Exchange is an immediate deal breaker for me due to my work situation.
    07-31-2012 08:32 PM
    Can anyone confirm or deny that Exchange with SSL works in this ROM? So far every other JB build, it does not. No Exchange is an immediate deal breaker for me due to my work situation.
    Confirmed working on beta 2 w/ Lowrider's Gapps
    agentfazexx likes this.
    07-31-2012 08:36 PM
    Confirmed working on beta 2 w/ Lowrider's Gapps
    How about LOS? sbrissen's releases yesterday had TONS of LOS. I need reliable data over wifi and cellular for calling...
    07-31-2012 08:38 PM
    How about LOS? sbrissen's releases yesterday had TONS of LOS. I need reliable data over wifi and cellular for calling...
    My phone has been sitting there for a few hours without any LOS. However, battery life does sucks as I woke up with 1% (from like 70%) doing absolutely nothing. Waiting for a kernel would do the trick, but other than that everything is going well. I just miss the navigation though
    07-31-2012 08:42 PM
    My phone has been sitting there for a few hours without any LOS. However, battery life does sucks as I woke up with 1% (from like 70%) doing absolutely nothing. Waiting for a kernel would do the trick, but other than that everything is going well. I just miss the navigation though
    Keeping it plugged into the charger helps I assume? Or does it drain while charging?
    07-31-2012 08:44 PM
    my sd card doesnt even show up when i mount to pc
    07-31-2012 09:00 PM
    my sd card doesnt even show up when i mount to pc
    Known issue.
    wildside84 likes this.
    07-31-2012 09:04 PM
    Hey Dark, take your old lady out to dinner or a movie on me. Thanks for all the time you've been devoting to this. I know it's not easy with a family. Wish I could contribute in other ways but this will have to do
    patrao_n likes this.
    07-31-2012 09:06 PM
    I have the et4g but its just stock ff18 and no root or recovery. Im not 100% blind. I can still pull needed info from my device needed for a port.
    07-31-2012 09:08 PM
    sweet got your phone, now the real fun can begin
    07-31-2012 09:12 PM
    sweet got your phone, now the real phone can begin
    What? No my device i have is defective. The cpu is screwed to hell. It overheats like no other. I took it to a sprint store and it registered at 127 degrees. Im still waiting for my replacement.
    isaac2k10 likes this.
    07-31-2012 09:14 PM
    What? No my device i have is defective. The cpu is screwed to hell. It overheats like no other. I took it to a sprint store and it registered at 127 degrees. Im still waiting for my replacement.
    ah k thought you had received the replacement already
    07-31-2012 09:18 PM
    Hey dark still having issues with that apns.confg.xml any ideas on how to add mine to it? it cant be as simple as copying and pasting the entire thing, are there commas, spaces , >'s to add. Or is it that simple? I see that the apns ends with apns, could i just paste mine right after that?

I dont see why replacing the entire freaking thing doesnt do what it has before. I have edited files of the apns and eri that I just overwrite your files with. and then make edits to the build.prop. I dont understand the problem... please help me. The reason I think things are not working is that everytime I go back to Alpha build 4 the welcome is seconds and play store works flawlessly, with my edits to it welcome is minutes, and the google play store doesnt work, also on the google play website it doesnt recognize my phone ...
    07-31-2012 09:22 PM
    Dark, any ideas man?
    07-31-2012 09:49 PM
    One problem I have ran into is with Google Now. When I go to setup Google Now, so I can change the weather to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius it force closes, then constantly force closes until I clear the app data. The error occurs right when the setup is on the 4th screen and says "Get Google Now!" and I click "Yes, I'm in." Then I pick my account and it force closes, then it constantly says "Unfortunately, Google Search has Stopped," until I clear the app data. Is this a GPS problem, an account problem, or even already known?
    07-31-2012 09:49 PM
    One problem I have ran into is with Google Now. When I go to setup Google Now, so I can change the weather to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius it force closes, then constantly force closes until I clear the app data. The error occurs right when the setup is on the 4th screen and says "Get Google Now!" and I click "Yes, I'm in." Then I pick my account and it force closes, then it constantly says "Unfortunately, Google Search has Stopped," until I clear the app data. Is this a GPS problem, an account problem, or even already known?
    known issue
    chew dz likes this.
    07-31-2012 09:51 PM
    known issue
    Thanks! I'll stop hoping it will magically work! A couple questions:

When Beta 3 drops, will there be a patch or will I have to re-flash?
    Does having the EL29 kernel differ performance wise from the FF18?

Thanks btw for the instant feedback....
    07-31-2012 09:55 PM
    Thanks! I'll stop hoping it will magically work! A couple questions:

When Beta 3 drops, will there be a patch or will I have to re-flash?
    Does having the EL29 kernel differ performance wise from the FF18?

Thanks btw for the instant feedback....
    The FF18 kernel is way more advanced.
    07-31-2012 09:58 PM
    settings -> google-> search-> manage location settings causes google search to FC. Maybe google now has a location issue and FCs. I could never get it to even attempt to find my location
    07-31-2012 10:01 PM
    The FF18 kernel is way more advanced.
    Doesn't only GB Kernels work with this ROM? When you say "more advanced" does that mean better, or just more hard to work with on the Dev end???

Sorry for ALL the questions, just figure this is the place for them...
    07-31-2012 10:03 PM
    settings -> google-> search-> manage location settings causes google search to FC. Maybe google now has a location issue and FCs. I could never get it to even attempt to find my location
    I guess its a known issue according to the posts above. I think, don't quote me I really have no idea what I am talking about, but it could be a GPS problem.... IMO
    07-31-2012 10:04 PM
    Do me a favor. You might be on to something here. Before anyone tries google now turn on 4G and Gps. We already know 3G and gps dont get along. Or even do it on wifi and see if you still get a fc. Qbking had google now working in his review video but he was on wifi as well. Just a theory at this point but definitely possible.
    07-31-2012 10:05 PM
    Do me a favor. You might be on to something here. Before anyone tries google now turn on 4G and Gps. We already know 3G and gps dont get along. Or even do it on wifi and see if you still get a fc. Qbking had google now working in his review video but he was on wifi as well. Just a theory at this point but definitely possible.
    will do
    07-31-2012 10:07 PM
    Doesn't only GB Kernels work with this ROM? When you say "more advanced" does that mean better, or just more hard to work with on the Dev end???

Sorry for ALL the questions, just figure this is the place for them...
    What? You lost me...GB kernels only work on GB roms unless they are hacked to work on ICS. This rom uses a hacked ICS kernel from sbrissen. Its been hacked and modded to work on JB ROMs.
    07-31-2012 10:08 PM
2,584 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD