08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    download 7zip - its lets you make the edits to zips
    Thanks for the info sosovoo! still looks like the status 7 is still there though....
    08-01-2012 04:57 PM
    That updater script is from my beta 2. And beta 2 flashs without issue. Makes no sense at all
    08-01-2012 05:21 PM
    Anyone else can confirm the zip edit isn't working? Maybe it was something I did?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 05:23 PM
    I tried it too, no go.
    08-01-2012 05:28 PM
    this is so awesome thanks! i flashed over and for some weird reason my 3g is not getting a good signal it goes straight to 1x :/ and it freezes when i try to record a video on camcorder but other than those things it looks awesome so far!
    08-01-2012 05:39 PM
    Interesting what did you use to transfer the zip?

08-01-2012 06:05 PM
    I thinks he's talking Beta 2, not the new one with the zip edit. I think...

08-01-2012 06:06 PM
    this is so awesome thanks! i flashed over and for some weird reason my 3g is not getting a good signal it goes straight to 1x :/ and it freezes when i try to record a video on camcorder but other than those things it looks awesome so far!
    Can you register with Google now?

08-01-2012 06:11 PM
    I'm gonna assume the link was taken down?

Hello, btw. Long time rooter, first time reader. Ran beta 2 for an hour, and was very impressed with how smooth it ran. Great job!
    thecloudyowl likes this.
    08-01-2012 06:14 PM
    That updater script is from my beta 2. And beta 2 flashs without issue. Makes no sense at all
    Without issue it flashes, but will not accept edits that I have made that have worked on every single build you have released....
    08-01-2012 06:36 PM
    So any word on B3? I really don't wanna go back to ICS, but the screen waking up by itself and weak signals are killing my battery too fast. This is still a great step in the right direction and I thank you DK!!
    08-01-2012 07:02 PM
    The screen keeps randomly coming back on.. anything for that ?
    08-01-2012 07:02 PM
    Can you register with Google now?

If he can I wanna know too!
    08-01-2012 07:04 PM
    The screen keeps randomly coming back on.. anything for that ?
    known issue, please read threads before posting and if it there was a major fix, it would be in listed in the OP.
    08-01-2012 07:17 PM
    So any word on B3? I really don't wanna go back to ICS, but the screen waking up by itself and weak signals are killing my battery too fast. This is still a great step in the right direction and I thank you DK!!
    Seemed like he going to release a stable version but there is something wrong with the updater script and it is giving everyone errors while trying to flash so he pulled the link for the time being.
    08-01-2012 07:19 PM
    Heya Bloom what do you use for logcats? every app i use from market isn't recording
    08-01-2012 07:27 PM
    Itching to try the beta 3

08-01-2012 07:28 PM
    Heya Bloom what do you use for logcats? every app i use from market isn't recording
    windows 8 , good old fashioned adb shell. You have to download android sdk, but it is flawless. Find a tutorial online, when I started doing this I used 5-6 different ones.
    1. download android sdk
    2. Install it to C:\ Android ( make directory)
    3. update and install everything it says that is not installed for 4.1
    4. Go into cmd (windows r type cmd)
    5. Change directory to C: Android then change to platform-tools
    6. type adb shell (edit make sure your phone is plugged in! and developer debugging is turned on )
    7.type logcat -c
    8. type logcat
    9. when done logging hit ctrl+c and exit out of cmd.
    10. open cmd again and type this adb logcat -d > logcat.txt
    11. the logcat should be in your user directory
    12. profit!

**Note it should not matter what version of windows you are running, if you are on mac, on linux the steps are different for terminal.
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-01-2012 07:36 PM
    Ive got the worlds biggest migrane trying to figure this issue out. There was super massive changes made to create a symlinking issue. In fact ive never heard of a recovery installing a rom then giving the 7 error. :banghead::banghead:
    08-01-2012 07:38 PM
    Ive got the worlds biggest migrane trying to figure this issue out. There was super massive changes made to create a symlinking issue. In fact ive never heard of a recovery installing a rom then giving the 7 error. :banghead::banghead:
    That is what I was experiencing last night, went to bed with it and lasted all day until now... Just finally passed. This android stuff is very frustrating. But think about this, you were in WIP 3 days ago, now you are just about ready to declare stable! That is something, dev or not has ever done. They were in alpha for months on ics. This is crazy man, and you are doing it without actually testing it on your own device.
    08-01-2012 07:42 PM
    So the rom was actually installed? I was thinking they were getting this error while in the middle of flashing? Confused
    08-01-2012 07:45 PM
    Quick question if coming from AOKP ICS build 7-13 can I just flash this while in TWRP to go from AOKP to Jellybean? Goo.im Downloads - Downloading 41g-TWRP-RC11-0801.zip

I ask because at the moment and for all of your builds I have flashed this, 41g-TWRP-RC1-b3-0723, coming from the same aokp ics. Then clear data, cache, dalvik and then flash one of your builds and your gapps.
    08-01-2012 07:53 PM
    Quick question if coming from AOKP ICS build 7-13 can I just flash this while in TWRP to go from AOKP to Jellybean? Goo.im Downloads - Downloading 41g-TWRP-RC11-0801.zip

I ask because at the moment and for all of your builds I have flashed this, 41g-TWRP-RC1-b3-0723, coming from the same aokp ics. Then clear data, cache, dalvik and then flash one of your builds and your gapps.
    Wow! If I'm hearing you correctly, and you've used the RC1-b3 kernel/recovery to flash this ROM multiple times, you've been playing Russian Roulette with your phone. It was discovered on Monday that chris41g's older kernels (including RC1-b3) were vulnerable to the EMMC brick bug due to a patch mismerge, which could trigger a brick when flashing a ROM that uses an update binary where the ext4 utils were not also patched for brick safety. This is likely why a few people hard bricked over the weekend. EMMC bricks are random, but they usually will happen eventually if you're issuing a data wipe command from an ICS kernel/recovery that hasn't been patched for safety properly.

The RC11-TWRP kernel has been properly patched so you should be able to use it to flash this ROM without bricking. But it's my point of view that because things can change without your (or even the developer sometimes ... there's a lot of code and things get missed or changed) knowledge, it's still best practice to flash this ROM from a GB based kernel/recovery as DK2 recommends.
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-01-2012 08:13 PM
    Wow! If I'm hearing you correctly, and you've used the RC1-b3 kernel/recovery to flash this ROM multiple times, you've been playing Russian Roulette with your phone. It was discovered on Monday that chris41g's older kernels (including RC1-b3) were vulnerable to the EMMC brick bug due to a patch mismerge, which could trigger a brick when flashing a ROM that uses an update binary where the ext4 utils were not also patched for brick safety. This is likely why a few people hard bricked over the weekend. EMMC bricks are random, but they usually will happen eventually if you're issuing a data wipe command from an ICS kernel/recovery that hasn't been patched for safety properly.

The RC11-TWRP kernel has been properly patched so you should be able to use it to flash this ROM without bricking. But it's my point of view that because things can change without your (or even the developer sometimes ... there's a lot of code and things get missed or changed) knowledge, it's still best practice to flash this ROM from a GB based kernel/recovery as DK2 recommends.
    That is just it, seeing that I am from US Cellular, I am wondering if those kernels are different. I keep hearing about el26 but when I odined it on my phone I got semi bricked and had to go all the way back to stock not rooted. What I did in the first place was part of dk2's OP that I linked to in my OP on teamuscellular. So I figured it was safe.
    08-01-2012 08:18 PM
    I believe they were getting the 7 error after they tried to flash the rom. Sequence: install zip from sdcard, select zip and attempts to install. After about 50 seconds the 7 error appears. Correct me if i am wrong on this sosovoo
    08-01-2012 08:21 PM
2,584 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD