08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I believe they were getting the 7 error after they tried to flash the rom. Sequence: install zip from sdcard, select zip and attempts to install. After about 50 seconds the 7 error appears. Correct me if i am wrong on this sosovoo

correct
    08-01-2012 08:23 PM
    I believe they were getting the 7 error after they tried to flash the rom. Sequence: install zip from sdcard, select zip and attempts to install. After about 50 seconds the 7 error appears. Correct me if i am wrong on this sosovoo
    That is what I meant.
    08-01-2012 08:25 PM
    Ohh okay, i guess we are all on the same page, i didn't get to try and install the latest one after changing out the update file yet
    08-01-2012 08:30 PM
    That updater script is from my beta 2. And beta 2 flashs without issue. Makes no sense at all
    And I also saw that someone posted an issue with the phone not actually making calls but you dismissed it. I'm also having the problem. When I try to make a call, it freezes on dialing. I then have to restart the phone then make the call again
    08-01-2012 08:32 PM
    That is just it, seeing that I am from US Cellular, I am wondering if those kernels are different. I keep hearing about el26 but when I odined it on my phone I got semi bricked and had to go all the way back to stock not rooted. What I did in the first place was part of dk2's OP that I linked to in my OP on teamuscellular. So I figured it was safe.
    Ah I totally forgot you're on US Cellular. Although, I have no clue why that would matter. You should be able to Odin EL26, power off when the phone reboots, then boot straight into the recovery and do your wiping and flashing.

Also, it's possible that the EMMC firmware version for the US Cellular model is different than the one used on the E4GT. If the US Cellular model uses EMMC firmware version PRV/fwrev 0x25 then that could explain why you haven't bricked yet, outside of pure luck.

Well, if you don't have any luck with Odin, using the RC10+CWM6 or RC11+TWRP kernels from chris41g should be fine for you to flash this ROM from.
    08-01-2012 08:37 PM
    Nevermind

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    2phonejones likes this.
    08-01-2012 08:40 PM
    So any word on B3? I really don't wanna go back to ICS, but the screen waking up by itself and weak signals are killing my battery too fast. This is still a great step in the right direction and I thank you DK!!
    the weak signals are killing me too. sometimes i can only send one sms and then i have to restart.
    08-01-2012 08:42 PM
    another question. lowrider's gapps doesnt seem to have visual voice mail. does yours (DarkKnight) have the visual voicemail
    08-01-2012 08:48 PM
    Ah I totally forgot you're on US Cellular. Although, I have no clue why that would matter. You should be able to Odin EL26, power off when the phone reboots, then boot straight into the recovery and do your wiping and flashing.

Also, it's possible that the EMMC firmware version for the US Cellular model is different than the one used on the E4GT. If the US Cellular model uses EMMC firmware version PRV/fwrev 0x25 then that could explain why you haven't bricked yet, outside of pure luck.

Well, if you don't have any luck with Odin, using the RC10+CWM6 or RC11+TWRP kernels from chris41g should be fine for you to flash this ROM from.
    Good to know, just flashed beta 2 from rc11 all seems well so far. I made edits to the eri.xml, apns-conf.xml, and build.prop like I always do here's to hoping!
    08-01-2012 08:50 PM
    as much as i didnt want to...i went back to cm9...i cant wait til a stable release drops! i will be hawking this thread!
    08-01-2012 08:52 PM
    Holy hell it worked finally with my edits!
    08-01-2012 08:52 PM
    And I also saw that someone posted an issue with the phone not actually making calls but you dismissed it. I'm also having the problem. When I try to make a call, it freezes on dialing. I then have to restart the phone then make the call again
    You flashed with low rider?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 08:53 PM
    Grats

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 08:55 PM
    B3 will be great. Can't wait for it!
    08-01-2012 08:55 PM
    what edits have you used?
    08-01-2012 08:56 PM
    Has anyone tried different modems to stabilize 3G and cell signal? If not, I'll give a try/
    Dreammanifested likes this.
    08-01-2012 08:57 PM
    clearing and reflashing to ensure it wasnt just a fluke ill get back to you in a min.
    08-01-2012 09:01 PM
    Not a fluke! I use sicken's edits on teamuscellular.com. To alter the build.prop, eri.xml, apns-conf.xml. Woot and it finally worked. For some reason it was in the build.prop something that I always altered in the past would break the play store in this build so I just painstakingly trialed and errored until i found the fix! woooooooooot
    sosovoo and Dreammanifested like this.
    08-01-2012 09:06 PM
    anybody been able to use mobile odin with beta 2? If not is there a fix for that?
    08-01-2012 09:10 PM
    Not a fluke! I use sicken's edits on teamuscellular.com. To alter the build.prop, eri.xml, apns-conf.xml. Woot and it finally worked. For some reason it was in the build.prop something that I always altered in the past would break the play store in this build so I just painstakingly trialed and errored until i found the fix! woooooooooot
    so this fixed ALL the problems? i.e. camcorder FC and weak signals. those are the main problems. also is there a way to get the visual voicemail back?
    08-01-2012 09:11 PM
    aww nothingblooms u are on us cellular
    08-01-2012 09:16 PM
    anybody been able to use mobile odin with beta 2? If not is there a fix for that?
    what are u trying to do with mobile odin? change the kernel?

well i just checked. mobile odin doesn't work for me either. "couldn't find mobile odin package"
    08-01-2012 09:17 PM
    so this fixed ALL the problems? i.e. camcorder FC and weak signals. those are the main problems. also is there a way to get the visual voicemail back?
    Not what I was referring to, what was happening is that I make edits so us cellular folks can flash a version that plays nicely with our gs2. Upon doing the edits I usually do , it so happened that in this beta 2 the playstore was broken. So painstakingly without anyone's help I fixed my issue and now have a working beta 2 for us cellular folks. The same issues that everyone else had in beta 2 remain for me, except torch is working(broken in beta 1) and video camera takes video but upon playback goes black (No fc's). Have not tested anything else.
    08-01-2012 09:20 PM
    Not what I was referring to, what was happening is that I make edits so us cellular folks can flash a version that plays nicely with our gs2. Upon doing the edits I usually do , it so happened that in this beta 2 the playstore was broken. So painstakingly without anyone's help I fixed my issue and now have a working beta 2 for us cellular folks. The same issues that everyone else had in beta 2 remain for me, except torch is working(broken in beta 1) and video camera takes video but upon playback goes black (No fc's). Have not tested anything else.
    ahhhh ok i got ya
    08-01-2012 09:22 PM
    theres no way one simple change of code could fix ALL the problems this rom has...(would be nice lol) but i dont think he could tell seeing he just flashed and is testing now...
    hey i can dream can't i lol
    08-01-2012 09:22 PM
2,584 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD