08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Weird I have never experienced los in any builds ever
    5 hours time % w out signal is at 0%
    Really? That is weird [deleted]
    08-02-2012 04:26 PM
    gallery not working in beta 3 it wont load all files from the memory and also the auto rotation is not working
    08-02-2012 04:34 PM
    gallery not working in beta 3 it wont load all files from the memory and also the auto rotation is not working
    08-02-2012 04:38 PM
    try a reflash, it should be working fine.
    08-02-2012 04:44 PM
    I know this has probably been addressed, but sadly I am on my phone and the search function on the AC forum app blows. Anyways, what modem is recommended for this ROM? It's safe to flash a modem while flashing this at the same time, correct?

Edit: I'm assuming ff18 due to a post just a few above mine. Still curious as when to flash the modem in the process.

Also, another stupid stupid question that has probably been answered. So I've been playing with fire and I've always flashed from my internal card. How are we supposed to flash via external if I can't access it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 04:55 PM
    OK this is my battery usage throughout the day on beta 3 on WiFi just now started LOS once I got off WiFi other than that the wake locks were still there but not as often and SMS was kinda hit or miss not sure if this helps but just wanted to show some daily usage

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2012 05:07 PM
    Lol. I went onto xda and found an alpha build of cm10. Lol. He called this rom "Just a port" and funny thing is that beta3 was built from xboxfanjs cm10 git. And merged with sbrissens device tree. Yup this is "Just a port" :thumbup:
    No offense but the people who worked on that from source are more skilled than you. And chris41g has worked miracles over at XDA and yes this is a port for the most part as you have said yourself. That alpha build is from source. So do. Or laugh at something you cannot do.

dante32278 likes this.
    08-02-2012 05:08 PM
    I'm pretty sure Beta 3 is no longer a port, it's a complete compile using the available CM10 tree. I'm not experienced enough to compare level of quality between the developers, I do know that sbrissens kernel is to be very lauded, but beyond that, it appears to me what DarkKnight has done, ESPECIALLY without having an Epic Touch of his own deserve a great deal of respect and very much to be appreciated.

...which I should add, I do. Thank you Dark Knight, for your hard work on this rom.
    nothingblooms likes this.
    08-02-2012 05:20 PM
    No I am not. He laughed that they called it a port. Well at that time it was at beta 2 which it is a port yeah it has some stuff that is from source but a port is a port. Not completely built from source like the one over at XDA. Great job to Dark Knight for doing this.

08-02-2012 05:32 PM
    No offense but the people who worked on that from source are more skilled than you. And chris41g has worked miracles over at XDA and yes this is a port for the most part as you have said yourself. That alpha build is from source. So do. Or laugh at something you cannot do.

It is, or was, a port. Big deal. Dk's efforts and contributions to the community have been huge. And he does all this while dealing with family life. Pretty incredible if you ask me.

08-02-2012 05:39 PM
    OK with all the testing going around, should I flash B3 or just wait for a more stable build? I used B1 and 2 and loved them but, from what I have been reading only a few minor issues have been addressed...is B4 in the works as we speak?

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    08-02-2012 05:39 PM
    I said beta 2 which was a port you dumba$$. And I do respect him. But not that laugh. I noticed that beta 3 did include stuff f on source. If you read it clearly I said BETA 2.

08-02-2012 05:52 PM
    I need help before I brick guys
    I am on AOKP and I have the safe clockwork recovery 6 if I want to flash this would it be ok if I flash from this ics rom with this recovery or do I have to use the el26?
    THANKS!
    08-02-2012 05:55 PM
    has any1 tried to use lucky patcher on beta 3? does it open, won't for me, opens then just closes, then get good ol' "unfortunately ...."
    08-02-2012 05:57 PM
    I am on AOKP and I have the safe clockwork recovery 6 if I want to flash this would it be ok if I flash from this ics rom with this recovery or do I have to use the el26?
    THANKS!
    You want to play it safe and Odin el26 CWM kernel then go from there.

DPtheKid likes this.
    08-02-2012 06:05 PM
    THANKS!
    Directions on pg 1 use el26 cwm5

DPtheKid likes this.
    08-02-2012 06:05 PM
    You want to play it safe and Odin el26 CWM kernel then go from there.

I used el29 cw recovery and it worked fine. I used the one darchstar links to from his cm9 Rom.

08-02-2012 06:18 PM
    No I am not. He laughed that they called it a port. Well at that time it was at beta 2 which it is a port yeah it has some stuff that is from source but a port is a port. Not completely built from source like the one over at XDA. Great job to Dark Knight for doing this.

By all means try to blooms.

Dude. You got everything confused like no other. Ive had this port on stand by for a while cause of the kernel. As soon as I got the kernel from sbrissen (HUGE THANX) I added it and bam CM10 Alpha 1 was born. I had RIL and Sensors and most everything else done before anyone did. And yes Alpha 1-7 and Beta 1-2 were all ports. The one and only reason they were ports was because I couldnt find source code for CM10 yet. With Beta 3 was the second test rom that I compiled from source. Ask blooms. He tested my first source built rom and it bootlooped. My second which is Beta 3 runs great. No one claimed to be smarter then anyone here. Heck I even have a written paragraph in section 2 of my op that says "IM NOT A DEV OR DEVELOPER" "I AM A CONTRIBUTOR". I am extremely humble. Trust me I am. I laughed at that statement on xda only becuz I had Beta 3 released at 3am this morning. Hours before anyone had a source built cm10 build. They still called it a "Port". Thats why I laughted.
    08-02-2012 06:22 PM
    I have never jumped in on any beef scenario. But in this case, who cares how anything is built. If you make roms for my phone that's all I care about. And if it is to get the next best system update before the manufacturer releases it (if they were planning on it, which i doubt.), then i am all about that. Good look OP.

08-02-2012 06:32 PM
    I have never jumped in on any beef scenario. But in this case, who cares how anything is built. If you make roms for my phone that's all I care about. And if it is to get the next best system update before the manufacturer releases it (if they were planning on it, which i doubt.), then i am all about that. Good look OP.

Thank you for that awesome common sense answer. Thats been my thought this whole time.
    08-02-2012 06:34 PM
    I am sorry for all of that dark knight, we need to get this thread back on track. I ran beta 3 today all day while at work and that is impressive given that it never really went to deep sleep. No LOS, gps locked to 10m in 5 seconds, etc etc all good! Any word on any possible way to try and get bluetooth media working? I only ask this since I cannot hear my phone alarm, a while back I bought a Phillips docking station that only plays sounds through bluetooth, it works great but I kind of "need" it in order to wake up in the morning for work so I can continue to feed my family. Just wondering man no rush.
    08-02-2012 06:35 PM
    Thank you for that awesome common sense answer. Thats been my thought this whole time.
    Maybe it's because I'm am 29 and don't really care about proving points. Just care if there are developers for my phone to make it nicer.

08-02-2012 06:39 PM
    Maybe it's because I'm am 29 and don't really care about proving points. Just care if there are developers for my phone to make it nicer.

27 ... house ,kids ,wife ,job ,college .... maturity.
    08-02-2012 06:45 PM
    Has the GPS issue from beta 1 and 2 been fixed completely in beta 3?
    08-02-2012 06:49 PM
    Has the GPS issue from beta 1 and 2 been fixed completely in beta 3?
    for me it has
    08-02-2012 06:52 PM
2,584 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD