08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    Well that's what you get for using a kernel that is developed by someone who doesn't even own the device they develop for.
    you my friend, are full of ... if you have ever used CWM on this device, you have used my work. If you have ever used CyanogenMOD on this device, you have used my work. If you have used a custom kernel on this device, you have used my work. I did a TON of work on this device before I ever owned it. The community bought me a device, I never asked for one, I never asked for donations. EVER. I bricked that device recently, developing for the same community who GAVE me the device because the like my work. Its not EMMC bricked, its a bootloader brick. If you can find someone doing better work on this device than me, then so be it. But trying to sling mud on my name, when you aren't doing for the community is pathetic. I'm still waiting on your releases?? My work without the device is miles beyond your work WITH the device...

Hopefully you won't need to use my work on any device I develop for, but that list gets pretty short.. and includes a lot of samsung devices, and Nexus devices, as well as commits to official CWM, and TWRP.. as well as CyanogenMOD..

Im done here, you can say anything about me you want, but next time you say my name, put mr in front..
    EmperorX, kiekan, JayWill and 14 others like this.
    08-03-2012 11:37 AM
    you my friend, are full of ... if you have ever used CWM on this device, you have used my work. If you have ever used CyanogenMOD on this device, you have used my work. If you have used a custom kernel on this device, you have used my work. I did a TON of work on this device before I ever owned it. The community bought me a device, I never asked for one, I never asked for donations. EVER. I bricked that device recently, developing for the same community who GAVE me the device because the like my work. Its not EMMC bricked, its a bootloader brick. If you can find someone doing better work on this device than me, then so be it. But trying to sling mud on my name, when you aren't doing for the community is pathetic. I'm still waiting on your releases?? My work without the device is miles beyond your work WITH the device...

Hopefully you won't need to use my work on any device I develop for, but that list gets pretty short.. and includes a lot of samsung devices, and Nexus devices, as well as commits to official CWM, and TWRP.. as well as CyanogenMOD..

Im done here, you can say anything about me you want, but next time you say my name, put mr in front..
    Chris is in the house. Your kernels are great. dont let one nah sayer spoil your day. it didnt spoil my day yesterday.
    thecloudyowl and the nooner like this.
    08-03-2012 11:41 AM
    Not that safe from internal SD. Many have reported brickings as a result of flashing from internal storage. ALWAYS use External SD.
    IM hoping this is not always the case.. Has it always been like this?

SJ

Sent from my SPH-D710 on PhantomICS FF18 using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.3
    08-03-2012 12:09 PM
    IM hoping this is not always the case.. Has it always been like this?

SJ

Read the posts after his. This no longer applies. It was a temporary error on Chris's kernels from a mismerge.

Also, it has ALWAYS been safe on things like the EL26 kernel and the EL29 DirectBoot
    sjsharksfan likes this.
    08-03-2012 12:13 PM
    Chris thank you for your work man!
    08-03-2012 12:20 PM
    No LOS so far after kernel update on FF18
    08-03-2012 12:21 PM
    Read the posts after his. This no longer applies. It was a temporary error on Chris's kernels from a mismerge.

Also, it has ALWAYS been safe on things like the EL26 kernel and the EL29 DirectBoot
    Just to clarify, the mismerge had nothing to do with flashing the ROM from either internal or external storage. All of this started because one of the guys that bricked had flashed this ROM successfully from external storage, then bricked when flashing from internal storage, which caused him to draw the conclusion that flashing from internal storage was the cause of the brick. DK2 jumped on this right away and added the "flash from external storage only" warning as a safety precaution, which was the right thing to do on his part. When a brick is reported, it's sometimes better to take a shotgun to the issue rather than a pea shooter.

In the end, the fact that the guy bricked from internal sd and not external sd was purely coincidence. The EMMC lockup bug is random, and doesn't happen 100% of the time. This whole thing was a simple case of misunderstanding that blew up, which is understandable when reports of bricks show up.
    08-03-2012 12:25 PM
    Does this have arabic in the languages?

Thanks!
    08-03-2012 12:29 PM

Thank you sir, appreach

sj

08-03-2012 12:30 PM
    Just to clarify, the mismerge had nothing to do with flashing the ROM from either internal or external storage. All of this started because one of the guys that bricked had flashed this ROM successfully from external storage, then bricked when flashing from internal storage, which caused him to draw the conclusion that flashing from internal storage was the cause of the brick. DK2 jumped on this right away and added the "flash from external storage only" warning as a safety precaution, which was the right thing to do on his part. When a brick is reported, it's sometimes better to take a shotgun to the issue rather than a pea shooter.

In the end, the fact that the guy bricked from internal sd and not external sd was purely coincidence. The EMMC lockup bug is random, and doesn't happen 100% of the time. This whole thing was a simple case of misunderstanding that blew up, which is understandable when reports of bricks show up.
    I figured that was a coincidence but wanted to clarify for sure..

Thanks for your post

sj

08-03-2012 12:32 PM
    Does this have arabic in the languages?

Thanks!
    Nope.
    08-03-2012 12:34 PM
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but are there any fixes for Super User not being able to grant root privelages? (It can't even give them to itself)
    08-03-2012 12:38 PM
    Dark your new kernel rocks

3g/4g improved signal and so far no LOS or screen wakes.
    08-03-2012 12:42 PM

Idle 34c

Still getting a freeze when recording video. Had to reboot.
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-03-2012 12:48 PM
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but are there any fixes for Super User not being able to grant root privelages? (It can't even give them to itself)
    For me I reinstalled and flashed with low rider gapps which comes with SuperSU when you boot up. Open superSU update binary and in market. Reboot and have fun with darks ROM :thumbup:
    jeezcrafter and dabora3003 like this.
    08-03-2012 12:50 PM
    I just had a few random screen power ons with the new kernel, never noticed it happen yesterday on the B3 kernel. I can't speak to the battery drain as i am at work and my connection is terrible here and it will normally tank my phone fast by itself.
    08-03-2012 12:55 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Idle 34c

Still getting a freeze when recording video. Had to reboot.
    Do calls work? Can you hang up calls?
    08-03-2012 12:57 PM
    Do calls work? Can you hang up calls?
    Calls/dialer/voice/hangup/text

Work
    08-03-2012 01:03 PM
    I was already on FF18 prior to kernel flash.
    08-03-2012 01:03 PM
    For me I reinstalled and flashed with low rider gapps which comes with SuperSU when you boot up. Open superSU update binary and in market. Reboot and have fun with darks ROM :thumbup:
    The problem with updating the binary is that SU needs root access to do so :/
    I've tried re-flashing with the newest SU zip but nothing seems to work. I also tried what you just said.
    If I have SU, I still have root right? Even if CM10 may have broken it?...
    08-03-2012 01:06 PM
    Thread cleaned again, PMs sent to certain parties so please check your PM's.

Please check all the drama at the door before responding in the thread. If you have a problem with a developer, then please contact the developer via PM and conduct yourself professionally and you will get a good result most of the time.

If you have a problem with a member or post, then please either ignore responding to it to avoid further drama or report the post(s) in question and the moderators can look into the situation.

Finally, I am getting tired of having to do routine thread cleaning over drama of developers, etc. Chris41g, Dark_Knight and many others give countless hours of their time to develop for everyone and ask nothing in return except honest feedback and respect for their work. Lets try and honor that everyone!

Thanks.
    Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    08-03-2012 01:07 PM
    Thank you Paul :thumbup:
    08-03-2012 01:39 PM
    Nice job DK! Its been 7 hours on battery with no los no wake lock issues. 60% left!
    08-03-2012 01:48 PM
    Nice job DK! Its been 7 hours on battery with no los no wake lock issues. 60% left!
    Nice!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 01:51 PM
    Nice!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    I'll post screen shot later. Now onto fixing Bluetooth?
    08-03-2012 01:53 PM
2,584 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD