08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    For everyone having los........I know this seems silly but under mobile network settings you have roaming checked right? Because that is what was doing it for me. It is unchecked by default and when I checked it everything started working again. I'll wait it out a while and see if I get los again.
    08-03-2012 09:42 PM
    I'm sitting home with no LOS so far.. What is a good application to check for Deep Sleep? btw if it helps I have the newly leaked FG31 modem and installed the Dark night gapps, along with the seperate flash of SuperSU since the root by default wasn't working.
    08-03-2012 09:49 PM
    I'm sitting home with no LOS so far.. What is a good application to check for Deep Sleep? btw if it helps I have the newly leaked FG31 modem and installed the Dark night gapps, along with the seperate flash of SuperSU since the root by default wasn't working.
    cpu spy
    08-03-2012 09:49 PM
    cpu spy
    Thank you very much good sir. I was just using No-Frills, haha. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I have an Airave but I don't think it is even connected to it lol. Will post any results of possible LOS
    08-03-2012 09:52 PM
    Definitely getting random screen-ons and battery is dissolving. The bizarre thing is how fast the battery charges. I wonder if the battery drain is actually because it is not accurately displaying the charge.
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-03-2012 09:55 PM
    Attention Everyone: If you ARE NOT having LoS issues please post what modem you are using. I need to track this rogue issue down. The RIL is 100%. The Kernel is 95%. The ROM body is 90-95%.

ALSO IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING LOS ALSO POST WHAT MODEM YOU ARE ON.

Lets get this figured out.
    I'm running ff18 sprint so far no LOS. running awesome so far. Keep up the good stuff DK

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 09:57 PM
    I wiped battery stats when I reinstalled b4 and I notice a good change
    08-03-2012 09:58 PM
    I'm running ff18 sprint so far no LOS. running awesome so far. Keep up the good stuff DK

I am also running ff18 and so far no los.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2012 10:01 PM
    I'm on FF18 as well. No los since I turned on roaming.
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-03-2012 10:04 PM
    I've found something interesting regarding the random screen-on bug.

After manually powering off my screen it would always come back on almost exactly 30 seconds to the T. So I went into system settings and running apps and started force closing them one by one and turning the screen off to see if it turned back on.

Finally I got down to a running app called "Google Services - Gapps" and when I force closed it and turned the screen off it never came back on again.

Just wanted to share that tid bit because somebody who speaks robot might be able to translate. I have no idea what it means myself lol.

Edit: Scratch that, several minutes later it came back on.
    08-03-2012 10:09 PM

After manually powering off my screen it would always come back on almost exactly 30 seconds to the T. So I went into system settings and running apps and started force closing them one by one and turning the screen off to see if it turned back on.

Finally I got down to a running app called "Google Services - Gapps" and when I force closed it and turned the screen off it never came back on again.

Just wanted to share that tid bit because somebody who speaks robot might be able to translate. I have no idea what it means myself lol.
    Woah...just tried that...and I nominate this as a PERFECT bug report and test result! It did that same exact thing for me!
    08-03-2012 10:13 PM

Good find. Google Services is of course a Gapp. Ive got an idea. If some is up for it. Flash my beta 4 but do not flash Gapps. See if you get Los or Screenwakes. Curiousity is killing me.
    08-03-2012 10:13 PM
    ok so i think im gonna give b4 a try but what gapps should i use considering some people can make calls and no los while others do? should i use lowrider gapps 5.4.1 or dks gapps in the op??
    08-03-2012 10:14 PM
    Ok the next version will hit RC status. There were some changes made to su so i will add those. I will also add theme mgr back in as I think I got the base stable enough to start adding cm features back in.
    08-03-2012 10:16 PM
    Thank you very much good sir. I was just using No-Frills, haha. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I have an Airave but I don't think it is even connected to it lol. Will post any results of possible LOS
    Dial *99 and you will hear a recorded message if you are camped on the airrave. Also a good way to force the phone to camp on the airrave. I'm testing the LOSD Fix from XDA right now...will update if LOS isn't noticeable. I was having LOS about once an hour running the FF18 modem, Beta 4 and DK Gapps. Most recently, had LOS twice in 10 min.

A side note, I ran the JB ROM on XDA and it was terrible. Unusable even. Wake lock nonstop, LOS was every 2 minutes, I had to reboot my phone every few minutes just to receive texts. Dark Knight, this is a fantastic ROM and awesome progress. Thank you. I actually joined this group today just for DK's ROM and I've been on XDA for many years.

Edit: LOSD Fix did nothing. Just experienced LOS. Time to uninstall the fix...
    teejaymarx and 3volution like this.
    08-03-2012 10:18 PM
    Good find. Google Services is of course a Gapp. Ive got an idea. If some is up for it. Flash my beta 4 but do not flash Gapps. See if you get Los or Screenwakes. Curiousity is killing me.
    Trying this right now. Will report.
    08-03-2012 10:25 PM
    May have already been answered but do we know why the "Android is upgrading" happens after every reboot?
    08-03-2012 10:27 PM
    Ok nevermind. Just had LOS right now. Would flashing from el29 cause this?

08-03-2012 10:31 PM

Now im confused i always flashed back to el29 then flash rom from cwm...am i suppose to use the ff18 recovery to flash this for it to work properly or what?
    08-03-2012 10:34 PM

hm. always odined that. will odin ff18 and try from there.
    08-03-2012 10:37 PM
    Bootlooped for some reason. I'm restoring a nandroid and gonna go through the process again.
    08-03-2012 10:39 PM
    May have already been answered but do we know why the "Android is upgrading" happens after every reboot?
    I don't think it is for everyone. I would reflash gapps (or try another version) and see if that helps. I seem to only get that message after a gapps flash. Note that I am no expert just what I have observed
    08-03-2012 10:40 PM
    yassssssssssss just flashed from el29 with dk gapps and i made several calls without having to reboot and i have 3g no los yet...thanks dark knight again! and buttery smooth as far as jb goes.
    08-03-2012 10:41 PM
    yassssssssssss just flashed from el29 with dk gapps and i made several calls without having to reboot and i have 3g no los yet...thanks dark knight again! and buttery smooth as far as jb goes.
    Im running lowrider gapps. I will try to flash with dk gapps and see if that will work

08-03-2012 10:45 PM
    I was wondering if someone run a benchmark on the rom,and also tell me when beta 4 updates or beta 5 might be done.
    08-03-2012 10:47 PM
2,584 ... 5758596061 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD