08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    Root works with DK Apps. The problem is for some reason SU does not prompt for root access. Go into the Super User Application, then click the wrench for Settings. Now, go to Security and click "Automatic Response". Choose "Allow".

The phone will now automatically allow all SU requests. Again, the issue is that SU was not prompting to grant access. NOT that root is broken on B4 with DKApps.
    This solved the root access "problem" for me. Thanks!

One other problem solved for me that others had: Gallery was not fully working with DK apps for me (not syncing with Picasa, settings were blank). Installed Lowrider apps and all is working there. (goo.im was down yesterday some so couldn't try before)
    08-04-2012 09:06 AM
    Well has been working good but now day two on beta four and I'm getting los.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    08-04-2012 09:12 AM
    My screen turns on all the time, even without touching the phone, I put it on my desk, and a few minutes later, the screen turns on. I press the power button to turn it of, and a few seconds later, on again. Thoughts?
    Thanks for the great job!
    08-04-2012 09:41 AM
    I dunno really. I've got it underclocked to 800, don't notice much of a performance decrease. Most time is spent in deep sleep (aka nothing has it wake locked) so that's good. Unfortunately a lot of time is spent in 200 because the screen keeps waking up and taking it out of sleep.

I like those odd *increases* in battery...lol wtf. o_0

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    what. 8 hours with wifi onnn? and not past even 70%? what are you running on your phone ಠ_ಠ
    08-04-2012 09:55 AM
    Well after exactly 2 hours battery was completely drained. Now that my phone is dead, I decided to add this comment to the thread. I am at work and live about 100 meters from the the sprint and clearwire towers so bad signal didnt kill it. At this rate, I will probably go back to CM9 alpha 6.

Hopefully future beta releases will have battery life and bluetooth audio streaming fixed.
    08-04-2012 10:02 AM
    And I got LOS after about an hour
    08-04-2012 10:11 AM
    Wait...

First off, why is this not mentioned on the Epic Touch CM website? Are you a completely separate group than those people?

I currently have CM9a6 installed. You say I can't flash this from an ICS-based recovery. What would be the best way for me to flash this, then? You mention EL26... But I'm on FF18, right?
    08-04-2012 10:29 AM
    i have 3g but my phone doesnt work. it gets stuck at dialing and then when you hang up, it just says hanging up but never does..
    08-04-2012 10:29 AM
    Wait...

First off, why is this not mentioned on the Epic Touch CM website? Are you a completely separate group than those people?

I currently have CM9a6 installed. You say I can't flash this from an ICS-based recovery. What would be the best way for me to flash this, then? You mention EL26... But I'm on FF18, right?
    Just use the CMW5 from the CM9 Epic 4g touch site. If I am mistaken someone can correct, but that is what I did yesterday from alpha 6.
    Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Tools

Then install once you are inside cmw5. I was just on alpha 6 until yesterday when i decided to flash this. It is a very good rom, but battery life for me was about 2 hours.
    08-04-2012 10:40 AM
    And I got LOS after about an hour
    same here but after togling airplane mode on n off it goes back n i have service for anouther hours
    unlike other builds u had to reboot
    and the dialpad gets stuck
    camera doesnt have much options just
    shutter on/off
    and 3mega pic
    but i installed ics camera from market and i have a bunch of options
    save to sdcard ... silent mode. and so on
    i also wanted to know
    there is this messaging app idk if its from jb or ics but its stock and i cant seem to have the same one as i use to have when people would have it in stock cm9
    08-04-2012 10:50 AM
    OK well I rebooted to end the call when it froze at call ended and that fixed it. Now I can send and receive calls and hang up with no problem

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-04-2012 11:10 AM
    I flashed everything accordingly, yet I've got zero 3g goin on, right from the start. Wifi works fine, I can text, call, but can't connect via 3g. Just a FYI.... Besides that one issue, this rom seems perfect. Thank you for your hard work dk.

08-04-2012 11:12 AM
    Has anyone tried signal finder from the market to help eliminate LOS?

sj
    08-04-2012 11:14 AM
    How are all these results so scattered? What are you people doing during installation, because everything (except gallery and battery life) works really well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    FeRReTTi and nothingblooms like this.
    08-04-2012 11:21 AM
    ok so i got root now with dk gapps witht the fix a few post back but im losing 3g and cant make calls again urgh! everything was working but root last night its weird.
    08-04-2012 11:27 AM
    DK, is it possible that the sdcard is mounted in a directory in /mnt/ ?
    08-04-2012 11:28 AM
    Could Google now cause battery drain? I mean cmon when we didn't have 100% working Google now the battery was good on cm 9 on the alphas now we got Google now in cm10 and all in the sudden phone keeps awakening

08-04-2012 11:35 AM
    I'm running Alpha 5 ICS Cyanogen 9. Is it safe for me to flash to this ROM straight from C9 A5 or do I need to be using the stock ROM?
    08-04-2012 11:47 AM
    I'm running Alpha 5 ICS Cyanogen 9. Is it safe for me to flash to this ROM straight from C9 A5 or do I need to be using the stock ROM?
    Follow directions in op. I will be in and out all day. lots of stuff around house being done
    08-04-2012 11:49 AM
    @downtown taco

I odined el26 wiped everything flashed beta 4 and then flashed low rider g apps 5.4.1. And still getting Los

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-04-2012 11:56 AM
    Do not flash this ROM from the kernel included in CM9 Alpha 5. If you do there is a chance you will brick your emmc. Only flash from one of chris41g's latest kernels or better yet, follow the directions in the OP and flash from a GB based kernel.

sjsharksfan likes this.
    08-04-2012 11:58 AM
    So many noobs lately..... PEOPLE. READ THE OP. Almost all of the issues you describe as surprising are in it. ALSO. So are install instructions, If you don't know how to properly flash from a safe kernel THIS PROBABLY ISN'T THE RIGHT ROM FOR YOU.

And don't just complain, post logs!
    08-04-2012 12:03 PM
    Running FG31 modem.
    08-04-2012 12:16 PM
    So many noobs lately..... PEOPLE. READ THE OP. Almost all of the issues you describe as surprising are in it. ALSO. So are install instructions, If you don't know how to properly flash from a safe kernel THIS PROBABLY ISN'T THE RIGHT ROM FOR YOU.

Talking about noobs you only joined 2 days ago! Lol I'm joking censura. :P you're active at xda.

But back on topic I flashed beta 4.
    Its smooth other than the problems people have mentioned already great job.

08-04-2012 12:18 PM

Well said , I think you will be seeing a lot of the same old posts since a new thread was created on XDA so more and more people will be finding their way here, just hope the majority of them will read and search before posting, that way we can all enjoy DK's hard work here
    08-04-2012 12:30 PM
2,584 ... 6061626364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD