08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    +1

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    08-04-2012 06:48 PM
    If I am on FF18 (ICS), can I just flash the CWM5 Recovery Kernel then flash the ROM?
    08-04-2012 06:49 PM
    Hey guys, just don't think I'm quite understanding what I've read.
    Is GApps the cause for both LoS AND no deep sleep or just LoS?
    I'm still experiencing massive LoS (3 hours of battery before dead without airplane mode) and no deep sleep either. Sorry to bother, I just would like to understand so I could maybe help!
    08-04-2012 06:51 PM
    I've found a fix for the root "issue" . Flash Chainfire's version of Superuser in CWM6 (built into JB) and after rebooting launch it to update binary.

His version is the zip attached!
    Downtown Taco and sjsharksfan like this.
    08-04-2012 06:51 PM
    All you have to do is go into security and enable automatic response in SU. There is no need for a root fix.
    08-04-2012 06:56 PM
    Dk would it be possible to start another thread? people that obviously have no idea what they are doing and do not know how to follow a simple directions set. 164 pages and maybe 100 or so are duplicates and people not reading the op or thread...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums
    08-04-2012 07:03 PM
    All you have to do is go into security and enable automatic response in SU. There is no need for a root fix.

But, what happens if you download a malicious app? Then you just granted access and exposed every part of your system, in which 9 out of 10 times the app will steal your personal information AND/OR crash your system and drive it inoperable. I'll just stay with my flashed version. It's always been more stable for me.
    08-04-2012 07:03 PM
    If I am on FF18 (ICS), can I just flash the CWM5 Recovery Kernel then flash the ROM?
    Please read OP. All information about flashing this ROM is in the OP.

08-04-2012 07:05 PM
    Dk would it be possible to start another thread? this one is getting too over run with boobs and people that obviously have no idea what they are doing. 164 pages and maybe 100 or so are duplicates and people not reading the op or thread...

Uh, it's only 66 pages my man. And Paul cleans up the posts usually. It's just more people come everyday and it gets hard to find important info in this thread now.
    08-04-2012 07:06 PM
    Dk would it be possible to start another thread? this one is getting too over run with noobs and people that obviously have no idea what they are doing. 164 pages and maybe 100 or so are duplicates and people not reading the op or thread...

The mods will close the thread AGAIN to remove all the non-related comments or unnecessary comments.

sosovoo likes this.
    08-04-2012 07:07 PM
    :beer::beer:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-04-2012 07:08 PM
    Are you 4? Let it go... Wow

Everyone, please chill. I don't want to have to report your posts. Paul already asked that we stopped arguing on the forum.
    08-04-2012 07:24 PM
    Is Lowrider GApps no longer recommended? Just wondering cause New JB GApps is the only download link on the OP and if that's the case, I figured you should remove the Lowrider GApps suggestion in the OP or re-add the link for it
    08-04-2012 07:25 PM
    I have a quick question that is related to some of the problems we have all been having.

Why is it that many times a kernel can cause battery drain on new roms? I thought a kernel was essentialy a set of drivers. Is it just that there is inefficient communication and code and it gets better as it is refined by the developers? Ive looked multiple places to understand our issues better but havent found satisfactory answers.

Forgive the noob question, I'm just trying to understand our problems better so I can help make this rom better and support dk better.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-04-2012 07:27 PM
    Is Lowrider GApps no longer recommended? Just wondering cause New JB GApps is the only download link on the OP and if that's the case, I figured you should remove the Lowrider GApps suggestion in the OP or re-add the link for it
    Yes, if he removed it from the OP, then he no longer recommends it.
    08-04-2012 07:28 PM
    This may be far fetched...but has anyone thought of temp booting el29 and bypassing sprint proxy and rebooting jellybean to see if it affects los? Anyway, trying it now.
    08-04-2012 07:28 PM
    I have a quick question that is related to some of the problems we have all been having.

Why is it that many times a kernel can cause battery drain on new roms? I thought a kernel was essentialy a set of drivers. Is it just that there is inefficient communication and code and it gets better as it is refined by the developers? Ive looked multiple places to understand our issues better but havent found satisfactory answers.

Forgive the noob question, I'm just trying to understand our problems better so I can help make this rom better and support dk better.

It's a lot of factors. Put it like this . The kernel sometimes contain power-saving modifications built in . Also, loading drivers taking resources which kills power . Hopefully, this helps you out some .
    08-04-2012 07:31 PM
    Can I recommend a few things before this spirals out of control again?

1. Read the OP and all its instructions.

2. Yes its a 66 page long thread currently and lots of information has been mentioned throughout the thread.. Might be a good idea to scan thru and get as informed as you can.

3. Please don't bash the developer or developers involved with this built.. Its a "BETA" as you can see so its may or may not be considered a Daily Driver depending on your level of skill and what your expecting from it.

4. If you do ask a question please be patient on getting an answer.

5. PLEASE DON'T INSULT ANOTHER MEMBER!

I hope this clears things up, if you don't have anything good to say or contribute to the build in feedback or help then please don't bother commenting and causing more drama.

Let get back on topic, this is day 3 in a row of moderator attention and its getting old FAST.

Thanks,
    Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    08-04-2012 07:31 PM
    Yes, if he removed it from the OP, then he no longer recommends it.
    Okay, I was just confused because the OP still says "install Lowrider GApps or the New JB GApps" but the Lowrider link wasn't there!
    08-04-2012 07:33 PM
    Everyone, please chill. I don't want to have to report your posts. Paul already asked that we stopped arguing on the forum.
    Sorry, got off track somehow, maybe wording that would have been better, oh well its done. I deleted my posts.
    08-04-2012 07:35 PM
    Yes that helps. So far this rom is great, people are just impatient since Jb is outstanding.

I will also flash from el29 and report back to see if that helps.

Dk is there anything that we can do or try to help you?

08-04-2012 07:44 PM
    I think the bottom line with the LOS could simply be carrier, like I have stated before that I am on US Cellular and have never in 2 years experienced this phenomenon. I saw that someone stated their GPS wasn't working, see mine is on 3g locking to 10 feet in a matter of seconds, battery life hasn't been stellar but for a beta it is pretty awesome. The things that have been accomplished here in the last few days are nothing short of remarkable. We are here to help the people in need but they have to help themselves too. Log Cats are what we started out doing to help Dark Knight, maybe we need to go back to doing that. I see no need I feel that this is a daily driver and I cannot bring myself to go back to ICS, I have been all over every thread and this one by far is the best one out there. Cheers to Dark Knight, but I hope that for everyone's sake we start getting on the same page as its getting quite old fast. I apologize for any remarks I have made now or in the past that were negative, but it is getting incredibly frustrating to sift out who is having legit issues and those that are simply not reading.

My 17 cents ,

Nothingblooms
    Downtown Taco and patrao_n like this.
    08-04-2012 07:44 PM
    So far haven't done a titanium restore on any app. With the exception of camera FCs. No wake locks or los so far been about 5 hours now...

I also left lock screen sound enabled. Just sharing my findings so far.

patrao_n likes this.
    08-04-2012 07:45 PM

Without being to techie ill use an acronym.

The ROM (Read Only Memory) is basically the body of a car while the kernel is the engine, tranmission, and drivetrain. the kernel basically makes the rom go vroom vroom.
    08-04-2012 07:49 PM
    So far haven't done a titanium restore on any app. With the exception of camera FCs. No wake locks or los so far been about 5 hours now...

I also left lock screen sound enabled. Just sharing my findings so far.

I never had any great experiences with Titanium Backup, are alot of you that are experiencing issues, using this? That is a great report, are you deepsleeping? Also, please tell me what LOS is meaning for you (Anyone that is experiencing it) I want to know what your definitions are, and see if they vary from person to person.

To clarify what I believe LOS is, Total and complete inability to call, text, or even receive the correct time (after boot). Obviously if all that is occurring you have neither 3g/4g. Am I correct, or is it simply losing 3g signal?
    08-04-2012 07:50 PM
2,584 ... 6465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD