08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    I never had any great experiences with Titanium Backup, are alot of you that are experiencing issues, using this? That is a great report, are you deepsleeping? Also, please tell me what LOS is meaning for you (Anyone that is experiencing it) I want to know what your definitions are, and see if they vary from person to person.
    When I had LOS I did to a TB of just my apps and it was bad, basically my LOS came in the form of no calls out and no text but my signal bars were still there, not the Samsung no signal icon, after a reboot or two it would work and I could send and receive calls and text

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-04-2012 07:59 PM
    So far haven't done a titanium restore on any app. With the exception of camera FCs. No wake locks or los so far been about 5 hours now...

I also left lock screen sound enabled. Just sharing my findings so far.

Also don't know if this helps or not cut I have the screen lock on 15 sec instead of 30

nothingblooms likes this.
    08-04-2012 08:02 PM
    When I had LOS I did to a TB of just my apps and it was bad, basically my LOS came in the form of no calls out and no text but my signal bars were still there, not the Samsung no signal icon, after a reboot or two it would work and I could send and receive calls and text

So it sounds like you are no longer experiencing this then. Were you still committed to using TB again, or did you reflash and not use it, to get things to normal?
    08-04-2012 08:02 PM
    This may be far fetched...but has anyone thought of temp booting el29 and bypassing sprint proxy and rebooting jellybean to see if it affects los? Anyway, trying it now.
    No los yet but sometimes it takes a while. This also got my gps working again. Haven't had any screen-ons since I did this either. We will see if it changes.
    08-04-2012 08:03 PM
    Oh, I just remembered something, I was using a rom on my samsung mesmerize 2 years ago at Disney World and as soon as I got out of Illinois I lost signal, no service. In fact to get back service while at was at Disney World I dialed 911, and immediately hungup. I instantly had signal the moment I did that , 3g and all. After getting back to my hotel room I was able to flash completely back to stock and had no other issues, so it is completely feasible it could be the rom. There was no custom kernel or gapps that I was using it was a TW rom. Just a thought...
    08-04-2012 08:07 PM
    I never had any great experiences with Titanium Backup, are alot of you that are experiencing issues, using this? That is a great report, are you deepsleeping? Also, please tell me what LOS is meaning for you (Anyone that is experiencing it) I want to know what your definitions are, and see if they vary from person to person.

To clarify what I believe LOS is, Total and complete inability to call, text, or even receive the correct time (after boot). Obviously if all that is occurring you have neither 3g/4g. Am I correct, or is it simply losing 3g signal?
    Same definition to me. Also got a GPS lock within 12 meters!

No titanium ftw

08-04-2012 08:10 PM
    Has anyone found a solution to the status error 7 issue? I did see there was a discussion about it back around Beta 1 or 2. I was able to flash no problems until Beta 3 however when I tried to flash Beta 4 I started getting this error. After researching it appears it might have to do with a build prop, but the solution still eludes me. I am trying to flash using CWM from EL 26 installing from external SD card. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    08-04-2012 08:14 PM
    All I did to fix it was wipe everything and reflash from el26

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-04-2012 08:18 PM
    the gallery app doesn't load your photos from your sd/card....and thanks: man i really do appreciate your work another problem is that sometimes it jumps out of sleep mode and goes back to sleep
    08-04-2012 08:20 PM
    I have problems getting and receiving phone calls. Phone won't hangup. Force closes.
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-04-2012 08:31 PM
    Hey DK, quick question...what kernel are you using for B4? Because I'm using your modified kernel that was posted to test on B3 with B4

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    08-04-2012 08:34 PM
    So it sounds like you are no longer experiencing this then. Were you still committed to using TB again, or did you reflash and not use it, to get things to normal?
    haven't had a chance to re flash yet without the TB had to recharge my phone will try it without and report back
    nothingblooms likes this.
    08-04-2012 08:38 PM
    Oh, I just remembered something, I was using a rom on my samsung mesmerize 2 years ago at Disney World and as soon as I got out of Illinois I lost signal, no service. In fact to get back service while at was at Disney World I dialed 911, and immediately hungup. I instantly had signal the moment I did that , 3g and all. After getting back to my hotel room I was able to flash completely back to stock and had no other issues, so it is completely feasible it could be the rom. There was no custom kernel or gapps that I was using it was a TW rom. Just a thought...
    you realize that in most jurisdictions in the United States that law enforcement is supposed to respond to even a 911 call that you hang up on?

I would NOT recommend doing this method unless you want some visitors with flashing lights responding to your location. ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    08-04-2012 08:41 PM
    Is there anyone who is running this rom with an older modem? El26, EL29? What is your experience?
    08-04-2012 08:43 PM
    you realize that in most jurisdictions in the United States that law enforcement is supposed to respond to even a 911 call that you hang up on?

I would NOT recommend doing this method unless you want some visitors with flashing lights responding to your location. ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    Completely aware as they called me back in 1 second and knew where i was standing within 10 feet. Do not judge me, that was a very common thing to have to do. Not anymore though obviously we have come further in development.
    Got a warning and obviously didn't care to try that again... lol
    08-04-2012 08:45 PM
    So I flashed the ROM successfully, but instead of using the Gapps that were provided in the thread, I googled the official gapps version. The ones that are 7/26. I haven't experienced any LoS at all. I flashed using EL26. I'm still getting the random screen wakes or screen ons or whatever you guys called it. I tried to provide as much info as possible.
    08-04-2012 08:49 PM
    So.. has anyone tested the app called "signal finder" from the play store? I have used with every single rom that I test and use as daily drivers.. I have never had LOS when using this app and with my JB tests that I have done, I did not have LOS at all..

Give it a try, I bet more will use as daily driver once you test Signal Finder

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/03 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    08-04-2012 08:53 PM
    The only time I get it is when I switch wifi on and off.
    08-04-2012 09:00 PM
    So.. has anyone tested the app called "signal finder" from the play store? I have used with every single rom that I test and use as daily drivers.. I have never had LOS when using this app and with my JB tests that I have done, I did not have LOS at all..

Give it a try, I bet more will use as daily driver once you test Signal Finder

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/03 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    That did absolutely nothing for me.

08-04-2012 09:00 PM
    Not one wake lock at all after using b4 most of the day.

I have lock screen sound enabled
    15 seconds till screen off
    Never did a titanium restore.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Beta 4
    LW gapps 5.4.1
    FF18 modem

I do have spotty signal as in I show bars in my signal bar but have to wait for any command to respond that is data related. During this time my upload arrow shows but he download arrow never appears. Looks like we can send data but are having issues downloading

08-04-2012 09:02 PM
    after 3 wipes and a restore, no more FC on any apps, but I am still using Lowriders Gapps - should I change to the one posted in the OP? Everything seems to be working ok - short moment of LOS but has been fine since. I was in Pathmark could have been the location.
    08-04-2012 09:09 PM
    still have battery issues though
    08-04-2012 09:09 PM
    Hmmm might found a temporary work around for the LOS

Testing before I say anything.. :P

08-04-2012 09:25 PM
    still have battery issues though
    I bet you are :rolleyes:
    08-04-2012 09:26 PM
    Hmmm might found a temporary work around for the LOS

Testing before I say anything.. :P