[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmperorX

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/03/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 4]

Everyone who is describing your setups... Please also add if you are experiencing LoS or not... I'm seeing tons of setups but not everyone is clarifying if things are working or not.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Assuming this LOS issue is somehow similar to the original one back on EG30, I really think you guys are observing the randomness of it. Some people got it on the stock kernel, but most got it more commonly after flashing a custom kernel. Some got it really bad, and others like me, only experienced it a handful of times.

I believe the randomness has to do with the tower scenario for each person. If a person is in a bit of a dead zone, where a phone may battle between two towers for the best connection, that person will experience more LOS. Or if you're on the move and traveling through towers, you'll tend to see it more. That was my understanding back in October anyways. Although I don't believe the exact cause was ever nailed down. Samsung simply fixed it in the EK02 update and everyone forgot about it. I do know though that LOS was much more prevalent on kernels built from the source code they published for EG30 rather than the stock kernel that shipped with the phones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

This may be a dumb question - but I'm not seeing any CM settings. No lock screen customization, no toggles, etc. Am I missing something?

mattboy9921

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Pull it out of whatever ROM that has it and drop it in your ringtones folder. Seriously though, if this is all you can complain about, this build really has come a long way heh.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

yea well the only other 2 things would be that i cant use lucky patcher and that theres no cm stuff like the toggles and stuff..

EmperorX

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

Its 80% lowrider vs 20% dk gapps. So lowrider is definitely one of the causes.

Interesting... I never would have thought Gapps packages could have lead to LoS... The plot thickens. I'll check in later to see if you guys have made any headway.

3volution

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Been hanging around in the shadows since page 1,I don't know how many times I have almost flashed this.The LOS is the only thing stopping me at this point. I just can't risk that.So,Ill wait some more.Love watching the development in this thread.
Phenomenal work DK,thanks.

rickeo

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

For the record, i've been flashing this ROM in CMW6 from my INTERNAL SD card wtih no issues.

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

LoSD fix is what got it working for me. I have been posting about my terrible los every 2 minutes after I "fix" it. since the fix is for the kernel, I think its the kernel. temps also going down so woo!

matt8107t

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Loving the ROM thanks for all the work. Everything is running flawless for me only weak 3g signal sometimes. Keep up the amazing work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Flashed from el26

Ran Caulkins Format All

Flashed rom

Flashed DK Gapps

Flashed all my apps thanks to app2zip

No los yet. Phone is running cool. Everything works so far apart from GPS. I updated profile and prl before flashing also got a gps lock before flashing.

Will your old gps fix work on this DK?

Edit: nevermind. Can no longer send it receive text. Phone is borked. Won't hang up or place calls.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.