08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 7374757677 ...
tools
    oh trust me. I understand development cycles perfectly. All my alpha beta and rc build fit perfect with the titles
    i know you will have all the kinks worked out within a week seeming how far you have come with this rom i have alot of faith in you keep up the good work bro
    08-05-2012 01:08 PM
    RC1, WiFi off, ten minutes after flash i had LOS, airplane toggle worked.
    08-05-2012 01:18 PM
    I am still having issues with my PC recognizing my SD card when I go into storage mode.
    08-05-2012 01:21 PM
    Any issues outside of LOS?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-2012 01:25 PM
    LOS WiFi off again. Enabling data roaming and system select to Auto. Anybody notice the "Radio" options under "advanced" in the system menu...?

EDIT: and immediate LOS after changing settings.
    the LoS when changing those roaming settings happens on ff18. Its normal.
    08-05-2012 01:30 PM
    the LoS when changing those roaming settings happens on ff18. Its normal.
    I'm on FG20...getting constant LOS now. Returned settings back...but since, LOS is prevalent. Probably going to reflash in a few...
    08-05-2012 01:37 PM
    I sent DK a pm but he never got back to me (probably have a lot to sort through) so I'll ask here. Can I Mobile Odin to stock EL29 so I can flash AOKP or CM9? I know I can Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel but I don't wanna just flash from the JB recovery to a GB ROM, don't wanna risk the brick.

So in short, can I flash the stock ROM .zip file through MO? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    08-05-2012 01:46 PM
    Reflashed back to stock. (After a wipe) Believe changing settings screwed the ROM up...

EDIT: and still LOS.
    08-05-2012 01:52 PM
    I sent DK a pm but he never got back to me (probably have a lot to sort through) so I'll ask here. Can I Mobile Odin to stock EL29 so I can flash AOKP or CM9? I know I can Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel but I don't wanna just flash from the JB recovery to a GB ROM, don't wanna risk the brick.

What I've been doing is MO stock cwm5 el26, then reboot in to recovery and flash the CM9 ROM.
    Not really the answer you are looking for I'm guessing, but maybe you can use it for reassurance.
    08-05-2012 02:00 PM
    LOS is constant. Battery drain is not AS bad. But LOS needs to not be marked as "reduced..."
    08-05-2012 02:01 PM

Don't take this personally, as it's not necessarily directed at you, but ...

GUYS! IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF FLASHING AND WORKING WITH ODIN AND CWM ON THIS PARTICULAR PHONE, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT MESSING AROUND WITH EXPERIMENTAL ROMS UNTIL YOU DO!

With that out of the way, here's your answer ...

Just get all the files for the ROM you want to move to onto your phone, then Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel/recovery and use that recovery to flash wherever you're going. If you have issues getting the files onto your phone on the JB ROM, Odin the EL29 One-Click, install CWM and flash from there.
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-05-2012 02:02 PM
    What I've been doing is MO stock cwm5 el26, then reboot in to recovery and flash the CM9 ROM.
    Not really the answer you are looking for I'm guessing, but maybe you can use it for reassurance.
    Did you do this off of one of the jelly bean builds?

08-05-2012 02:03 PM
    Don't take this personally, as it's not necessarily directed at you, but ...

GUYS! IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF FLASHING AND WORKING WITH ODIN AND CWM ON THIS PARTICULAR PHONE, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT MESSING AROUND WITH EXPERIMENTAL ROMS UNTIL YOU DO!

With that out of the way, here's your answer ...

Just get all the files for the ROM you want to move to onto your phone, then Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel/recovery and use that recovery to flash wherever you're going. If you have issues getting the files onto your phone on the JB ROM, Odin the EL29 One-Click, install CWM and flash from there.
    I don't take things personal, this is not my first experimental build. I just didn't have time to switch ROMs last night and I'm stuck at work. Wanted to know if I could flash with MO. I pm'd DK and told him the situation, he just never got back to me. So you're saying I can just MO the EL26 kernel on JB B4 and boot into recovery and flash different ROM? I know it seems confusing and noobish as hell and I am sorry about it.

08-05-2012 02:10 PM
    Something I've noticed, not sure if it means anything....

With me LOS occurs more often while on the charger. Only had it once in 2 hours on battery.
    08-05-2012 02:15 PM
    Staying within 1 block radius ive auto switched to two different networks and on/off 3g and experienced no LOS yet. everything seems to be working fine for me. interestingly enough the intital install was giving me problems with bootloops when done per the op. brissens install worked but was still a bit touchy. rc1 went in without a hitch, same method. Has anyone else been solely using a recovery restore instead of flashing the rom base to go back to prev condition?
    08-05-2012 02:17 PM
    Something I've noticed, not sure if it means anything....

With me LOS occurs more often while on the charger. Only had it once in 2 hours on battery.
    Can u get me a logcat of that situation. that might be the key to solving this. all the logs ive seen has not produced any smoking gun as of yet. Ive been making educated guesses.
    08-05-2012 02:23 PM
    Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-05-2012 02:26 PM
    Just got LOS with my AirRave unplugged...still trying different scenarios. Seems to be happening more often on my phone. Was barely happening and now is very often. Wonder what changed...
    08-05-2012 02:33 PM
    Anyone know why I keep getting symlinks failed I've properly wiped i'm on el29 mobile Odin flashed el26 cwm and its always status 7
    08-05-2012 02:34 PM
    Just got LOS with my AirRave unplugged...still trying different scenarios. Seems to be happening more often on my phone. Was barely happening and now is very often. Wonder what changed...
    Could be any number of things. Hopefully that one user who reported the LoS while charging comes thru with a logcat. I need a smoking gun.
    08-05-2012 02:35 PM
    Just wanted to point out I haven't had a single LoS yet. Been on the ROM for a good 3 hours almost while messing with WiFi, 3G and 4G but no problems yet.
    08-05-2012 02:45 PM
    I have really bad battery life I go from 100 to 80 in 5 minutes, any way to fix that??
    08-05-2012 02:45 PM
    I have really bad battery life I go from 100 to 80 in 5 minutes, any way to fix that??
    A true Jellybean Kernel from samsung would be nice...
    sobaked2921 and anakin_sw like this.
    08-05-2012 02:46 PM
    Could be any number of things. Hopefully that one user who reported the LoS while charging comes thru with a logcat. I need a smoking gun.
    I'm updating my SDK. Been a while. I'll see if I can pull one for you. I have LOS out the...haha
    08-05-2012 02:47 PM
    Thread temporarily closed for cleaning.
    08-05-2012 02:50 PM
2,584 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD