08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 7475767778 ...
tools
    And we're back. I'm taking the recent problems between members in this thread to PM.
    08-05-2012 03:04 PM
    Just installed RC1 and will test for LoS (no GApps)
    I can provide a logcat for that, I just don't know how.
    Can someone inform me how or give a link that does?

After, I'll install JB GApps and test and I can provide another logcat after that if it will help!
    08-05-2012 03:04 PM
    Quick question here, does text (SMS) work because I cannot send a single text message :o
    08-05-2012 03:05 PM
    Did you do this off of one of the jelly bean builds?

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    You got it, man. Did it on B4 and RC1.
    08-05-2012 03:05 PM
    Quick question here, does text (SMS) work because I cannot send a single text message :o
    Please actually read the forum before posting questions that have been answered.
    We need to be able to find the posts we need without clutter.

Yes, sms works, but LoS (loss of signal) has been a big issue that we are currently trying to resolve. If you can't send a text, it is most likely because of LoS.
    gibbs296 likes this.
    08-05-2012 03:12 PM
    Please actually read the forum before posting questions that have been answered.
    We need to be able to find the posts we need without clutter.

Yes, sms works, but LoS (loss of signal) has been a big issue that we are currently trying to resolve. If you can't send a text, it is most likely because of LoS.
    I do apologize if my post quite bothered you, but thank you for the clarification.
    08-05-2012 03:16 PM
    Works for me. MMS works too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-2012 03:19 PM
    DK, I'm making a logcat now. Just waiting to get LOS.
    08-05-2012 03:20 PM
    I have question, why the rom and the gapps have to be flash from a sd card instead of the internal memory like other roms? thanks
    08-05-2012 03:23 PM
    I have question, why the rom and the gapps have to be flash from a sd card instead of the internal memory like other roms? thanks
    Both the ROM and GApps can be safely installed from internal memory.
    If you're running the proper CWM kernel, however, you internal memory is shown as "Internal SD" as it is. You might want to read up a bit before trying this ROM as it is not yet a daily driver. Maybe switch over to a stable ICS build?
    08-05-2012 03:34 PM
    For the tine being, just toggle airplane mode to get it temporarily working again. Works for me at least.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    cob11341 likes this.
    08-05-2012 03:53 PM
    Cant wait til I find a smoking gun
    patrao_n likes this.
    08-05-2012 03:54 PM
    Cant wait til I find a smoking gun
    I'm running logcats and trying to repro. Keep cutting them after about 5 min to keep the size down for you. Does that matter?? So far, ROM is perfectly behaved while running logcats...
    08-05-2012 03:55 PM
    I'm running logcats and trying to repro. Keep cutting them after about 5 min to keep the size down for you. Does that matter?? So far, ROM is perfectly behaved while running logcats...
    Same thing here. Without GApps though.
    I'm installing GApps right now and repeating to see if something pops up.
    08-05-2012 04:04 PM
    Can u get me a logcat of that situation. that might be the key to solving this. all the logs ive seen has not produced any smoking gun as of yet. Ive been making educated guesses.
    Sure, no problem. Can someone let me know how to enable write permission in terminal emulator? Gotta run my logcats that way atm.
    08-05-2012 04:07 PM
    Same thing here. Without GApps though.
    I'm installing GApps right now and repeating to see if something pops up.
    I'm already on Gapps. Perhaps two different setups would yield different results...
    08-05-2012 04:12 PM
    I'm already on Gapps. Perhaps two different setups would yield different results...
    Without GApps, I tried everything I could to re-create LoS and I couldn't. Solid signal, calls and texts succeeded whenever I tried.
    Anything in particular you've done that caused LoS? I could switch back to no GApps if needed.
    08-05-2012 04:15 PM
    Without GApps, I tried everything I could to re-create LoS and I couldn't. Solid signal, calls and texts succeeded whenever I tried.
    Anything in particular you've done that caused LoS? I could switch back to no GApps if needed.
    Man, I wish I could tell you. What I thought worked to repro LOS just isn't cutting it when on a logcat. I WISH my phone were this stable all the time. Just wondering, did you ever get LOS without Gapps? For what it's worth, I like this community A LOT more than XDA. Right now, we're all testing as a single unit for one goal. That's pretty freaking awesome. You never see that on XDA.
    08-05-2012 04:19 PM
    DK, do you care about the size of the logcat? Trying to do anything I can to make this easier for you.
    08-05-2012 04:22 PM
    Man, I wish I could tell you. What I thought worked to repro LOS just isn't cutting it when on a logcat. I WISH my phone were this stable all the time. Just wondering, did you ever get LOS without Gapps? For what it's worth, I like this community A LOT more than XDA. Right now, we're all testing as a single unit for one goal. That's pretty freaking awesome. You never see that on XDA.
    On all previous builds I had LoS both with and without GApps constantly. Not the case with RC1.
    I can't seem to repro LoS no matter what I do. Even now with GApps installed (though I've only been testing for like 30 minutes.)

And yes, these forums are a bit more brotherly like that, though XDA still has more man-power to get stuff done sadly :/
    08-05-2012 04:24 PM
    On all previous builds I had LoS both with and without GApps constantly. Not the case with RC1.
    I can't seem to repro LoS no matter what I do. Even now with GApps installed (though I've only been testing for like 30 minutes.)

And yes, these forums are a bit more brotherly like that, though XDA still has more man-power to get stuff done sadly :/
    Hmmm, seems like you may be "fixed" for the moment. I still suspect everybody has the LOS bug, but it's not obvious until certain circumstances are present. Mine is elusive with periods of awesome reliability and others not.

XDA has seriously PO'd me and I've been there for years. It's overrun with crap developers who post halfbaked dangerous builds and 15 yr olds whining about nonsense. The way I look at it is everybody has to cut their teeth somewhere and it seems to be the XDA these days. I remember when it was a true dev community. Anywho, I'd say that DK is every bit as good as any given dev on XDA, but I can't...because NOBODY on XDA has a functional JB ROM for our phone.
    Glt5000 and catapilla like this.
    08-05-2012 04:29 PM
    So.. I just noticed that the 4shared file has a blank space before the .zip in the file name. This may cause installation issues if I am not mistaken..

sj
    08-05-2012 04:29 PM
    Not sure if this is anything significant, but I got a "Android Is upgrading" message when I reboot my phone. Figured it might be worth mentioning? It also started "upgrading" 14 apps, though it didn't state which ones.

08-05-2012 04:32 PM
    Not sure if this is anything significant, but I got a "Android Is upgrading" message when I reboot my phone. Figured it might be worth mentioning? It also started "upgrading" 14 apps, though it didn't state which ones.

If I'm not mistaken, it's just a normal function of JB optimizing apps for usage. Nothing to worry about.
    08-05-2012 04:38 PM
    The best way to force an LOS to get a logcat would be to get in the car and drive to an area you know is a low signal area.

08-05-2012 04:42 PM
2,584 ... 7475767778 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD