08-09-2012 03:05 AM
2,584 ... 7980818283 ...
tools
    LOS is gonna get me killed my wife was texting me at work but I didn't get it lol. But it was worth it jb is freaking awesome

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-06-2012 03:02 AM
    LOS is gonna get me killed my wife was texting me at work but I didn't get it lol. But it was worth it jb is freaking awesome

...hide sharp objects friend.
    Anyway Dk is there any way I can help you? I mean if it's possible...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-2012 03:18 AM
    Ugh, I don't know what happened. This afternoon everything was perfect, now I *NEVER* go to deep sleep, and RILJ always has a wakelock at 1200 (or 800 since I have my CPU down). I get near constant LOS now, rebooting doesn't help. The only apps I installed were Apex, SetCPU, BetterBatteryStats, and a few apps like Feedr and Reddit. Everything was functioning fine at noon. :/
    Many reboots, nothing changed. Then all of a sudden deep sleep works perfectly - 96%. This is textbook behavior of the initial los bug from last year - when my battery would die within two hours, reboots wouldn't fix it, then after idly sitting on a shelf for a few hours everything would be fine again.

When it comes down to it, I think all the experiences reported here are ultimately based on chance. Sometimes it will work fine for hours, other times I couldn't make a call even after rebooting. Sometimes battery life is fantastic, other times it's deplorable. I think we have an array of variables - tower handoffs, radio hardware, radio firmware, kernel, rom - and glitches in the way all those interact are giving us the illusion of patterns. I don't know how else to explain why the overall user experience is so contrasting.
    08-06-2012 04:17 AM
    Is it buttery smooth yet
    08-06-2012 05:08 AM
    Is it buttery smooth yet
    Download it and let us know.

08-06-2012 06:28 AM
    Man there is a lot of the same posts goin on. Lol

08-06-2012 07:41 AM
    What's the real difference between pure jellybean and cm10?

Is one more buttery smooth then the other? Lol

08-06-2012 07:50 AM
    DK or anyone, if it helps at all, I had no LoS when I first flashed RC1 at all (both WITH GApps and WITHOUT) regardless of what I did.
    My LoS started up as soon as I headed into town and since then hasn't settled down or stopped. Even complete phone resets don't always fix it since it started.
    I had the ROM installed for a good 3 or 4 hours before it started though.
    Sadly I don't have a logcat as I wasn't expecting LoS at the time :/
    same thing, last night no LOS of service - today as soon as I got to work LOS - no text or phone calls till I rebooted.
    08-06-2012 07:59 AM
    same thing, last night no LOS of service - today as soon as I got to work LOS - no text or phone calls till I rebooted.
    This will happen to me today too see I get horrible service at work anyway, I know LoS is coming

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    08-06-2012 08:10 AM
    Im really about to lose my cool. Im taking an extended break from all projects.
    sellers86 and patrao_n like this.
    08-06-2012 08:10 AM
    I can't get a GPS lock anyone know how to fix this!!! Got lost last night coming back from the beach and GPS was useless.
    08-06-2012 08:15 AM
    In my house with full bars with AirWave, can't make a phone call.
    08-06-2012 08:18 AM
    I think you should take a break from all those annoying people that post about the same thing.... people LOS is being worked on now be patient and read stop asking questions. It's annoying

08-06-2012 08:18 AM
    Facepalm

08-06-2012 08:19 AM
    Its okay DK. With the progress you've made and all the work you've put in, you deserve a break. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say we greatly appreciate your work.
    youngville718 likes this.
    08-06-2012 08:20 AM
    anyone else getting a heavy battery drain from the download media?
    08-06-2012 08:25 AM
    Everyone chill the expletive deleted out! Quit complaining about known issues, you are driving the real testers and our honorary dev literally out of our minds. LOS is being looked at, stop complaining remember it didnt happen without a logcat!
    sosovoo and dandinnj like this.
    08-06-2012 08:26 AM
    Dark close the thread for a few days on the op remove all the info and just put a description why you closed the thread. It will get the point across and I'm sure the influx of lazy people will drop.

As much as I'd hate for this.. what else can we do?

08-06-2012 08:26 AM
    hello, someone could install on the kernel FF18, I know if I can so that it can install on my galaxy s2 epic 4G
    Sure go head and install from an ICS Recovery. You will brick. Just make sure you have a stack of papers near by cause you will have a 500 buck paper weight.

I PUT THE DIRECTIONS IN MY OP FOR A REASON. IF YOU DONT LIKE MY REASON THEN DONT FLASH THIS ROM. IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE BY NOT FOLLOWING MY INSTRUCTIONS I WILL LAUGH AT YOU.
    08-06-2012 08:43 AM
    Dark close the thread for a few days on the op remove all the info and just put a description why you closed the thread. It will get the point across and I'm sure the influx of lazy people will drop.

As much as I'd hate for this.. what else can we do?

Im going to have Jayharper08 (XDA Moderator) shut down that xda thread. Way to many smart butts, know it alls, and noobs are making there way over here and ruining this amazing community
    08-06-2012 08:45 AM
    Maybe a new thread also would help considering the link from xda is to this thread.

nothingblooms likes this.
    08-06-2012 08:48 AM
    Edit - Double post plz disregard

08-06-2012 08:48 AM
    Gave CM10 a shot and have decided to go back to your AOKP Stable 2 ROM. While I love the "butter" on here, I've just run into too many problems. Namely:
    - The dalvik cache gets rebuilt after each restart (which takes some time!)
    - I've had random reboots (Ex: After going to the Battery in settings)
    - I just miss to many of my customization from CM9/AOKP

I will be watching your threads though in the future!

Thanks again for your hard work!
    nothingblooms likes this.
    08-06-2012 08:50 AM
    Gave CM10 a shot and have decided to go back to your AOKP Stable 2 ROM. While I love the "butter" on here, I've just run into too many problems. Namely:
    - The dalvik cache gets rebuilt after each restart (which takes some time!)
    - I've had random reboots (Ex: After going to the Battery in settings)
    - I just miss to many of my customization from CM9/AOKP

I will be watching your threads though in the future!

Thanks again for your hard work!
    its been said time and time again. this is not for everyone.
    08-06-2012 08:52 AM
    Im going to have Jayharper08 (XDA Moderator) shut down that xda thread. Way to many smart butts, know it alls, and noobs are making there way over here and ruining this amazing community
    I was just about to tell you that's what you should do talk with Jay and have it closed that's what making this thread worst xda is full of morons more than it have decent smart folks because of the morons not following directions sbrissen thread kinda got destroyed it seems like he took a break because of it so last build that is out is the 8/3 build.

08-06-2012 08:57 AM
2,584 ... 7980818283 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD